Shipping with Bonvu to Europe

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Senfkarte

Shipping with Bonvu to Europe

Post by Senfkarte »

Hi, I found a knife, but not Spyderco, related item that is only available on "smkw.com". Or at least I have not found it somewhere else. Unfortunately they only ship inside the USA, and I'm from Germany.
So I found "BONVU.COM" and now I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with their service.
Last edited by Senfkarte on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Re: Shipping from SMKW to Europe

Post by MacLaren »

Why don't ya just give the guys ans gals at SMKW a call. They're good people and will prolly ship it to ya if ya ask and explain your situation.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Somehow this idea didn't strike my mind. I will try that after the weekend. Thanks.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Senfkarte wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:10 am
Somehow this idea didn't strike my mind. I will try that after the weekend. Thanks.
Your certainly welcome
And, be sure to mention the Spyderco Forum
And, good luck.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:26 am
Senfkarte wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:10 am
Your certainly welcome
And, be sure to mention the Spyderco Forum
And, good luck.
I will. Thanks for the advice.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

So, I called them, and unfortunately they told me that they don't ship to any country inside the European Union. But still thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a try.

So, there again is the question, if anyone here has any experience with "BONVU.COM". The service that they offer is basically, that you order the package to them, and they ship it over to you.
The feedback I found online is mostly positive but at the same time the reports are mostly old. So maybe someone here has recently used the service of "BONVU.COM"?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Senfkarte wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:48 pm
So, I called them, and unfortunately they told me that they don't ship to any country inside the European Union. But still thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a try.

So, there again is the question, if anyone here has any experience with "BONVU.COM". The service that they offer is basically, that you order the package to them, and they ship it over to you.
The feedback I found online is mostly positive but at the same time the reports are mostly old. So maybe someone here has recently used the service of "BONVU.COM"?
Do you have a relationship with Knifeworks by chance? I can order a knife from another dealer and ship it to knifeworks and they will ship it to me DHL. But, I have been buying from them for years.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

I never have bought any knife outside the European Union. I was always too cowardly because, in my mind, the customs authority (is that the right word?) would knock at my door and ask why I bought a weapon, even if the knife in question is completely legal here.

I think I will try Bonvu.com and if everything works good I will use the service more often in the future. There may be cases, where it still could be cheaper to buy over Bonvu. I will see.

Thanks for all the advises and suggestions.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Just an info for those, who find this and are interested in my experience with Bonvu:
I used the service for two different orders, that have been combined and sent to me in one package. Since one shop only accepted payment, that was not accessible for me, I even used the service, that Bonvu buys the items. No problem at all. Even the notes, I had for the seller, have been sent along and all chosen options were correct. They give you the tracking number for the items, that are on the way to Bonvu, so you can check the progress.
It took three or four days for them to register the items, after they arrived at Bonvu (accordingly to the tracking number) but no problem there.
All in all I was satisfied with the service and, if necessary, will use it again.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Senfkarte wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:51 am
Just an info for those, who find this and are interested in my experience with Bonvu:
I used the service for two different orders, that have been combined and sent to me in one package. Since one shop only accepted payment, that was not accessible for me, I even used the service, that Bonvu buys the items. No problem at all. Even the notes, I had for the seller, have been sent along and all chosen options were correct. They give you the tracking number for the items, that are on the way to Bonvu, so you can check the progress.
It took three or four days for them to register the items, after they arrived at Bonvu (accordingly to the tracking number) but no problem there.
All in all I was satisfied with the service and, if necessary, will use it again.
You may want to change the thread title or make a new one as this valuable information about Bonvu might get overlooked.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:06 am
You may want to change the thread title or make a new one as this valuable information about Bonvu might get overlooked.

Good call. Thanks.