Guns, Guns, Guns

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Naperville

Guns, Guns, Guns

Post by Naperville »

I see that the hot thread in Off-Topic has a thread with more than 350 replies and more than 90,000 views on firearms. That is good, I like it! I love firearms and knives....

But let me ask you a question, are you supporting organizations that will litigate on your behalf for firearms rights? It is a huge mistake if you do not support these organizations!

Today, Feb 3rd, 2021, I gave $200 ($50 each) to the following organizations. Litigation is ramping up and they need YOUR help, right now.

- GOA
- FPC
- SAF
- "Knife Rights"

P.S. I do not even own a firearm at the moment, but these rights are numero uno in keep all the other rights for this and all following generations, so I gladly gave.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JD Spydo

Re: Guns, Guns, Guns

Post by JD Spydo »

Naperville wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:10 pm
I see that the hot thread in Off-Topic has a thread with more than 350 replies and more than 90,000 views on firearms. That is good, I like it! I love firearms and knives....

But let me ask you a question, are you supporting organizations that will litigate on your behalf for firearms rights? It is a huge mistake if you do not support these organizations!

Today, Feb 3rd, 2021, I gave $200 ($50 each) to the following organizations. Litigation is ramping up and they need YOUR help, right now.

- GOA
- FPC
- SAF
- "Knife Rights"

P.S. I do not even own a firearm at the moment, but these rights are numero uno in keep all the other rights for this and all following generations, so I gladly gave.
I need to renew my membership with GOA ( Gun Owners of America).. they do so much more pro-active stuff than the NRA or most other pro Second Amendment organizations. And listen up folks!!! Guns aren't the only issue with the Second Amendment>> that's where our knife rights come into play as well. So please support any reputable Second Amendment organization that you can.
This new administration has made it plain and clear that they want to make guns illegal for everyone except those in power. Naperville is right this is a serious situation for sure. Do what you can.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Been an NRA Life Member since 1967, upgraded to Benefactor a few years back. In the past year have given to FPC at least once, and to GOA and SAF multiple times. Also have GOA as my Amazon Smile charity. Know they don't get a heck of a lot from that, do it more to piss off Amazon's SJW snowflakes.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

The Deacon wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Been an NRA Life Member since 1967, upgraded to Benefactor a few years back. In the past year have given to FPC at least once, and to GOA and SAF multiple times. Also have GOA as my Amazon Smile charity. Know they don't get a heck of a lot from that, do it more to piss off Amazon's SJW snowflakes.
Excellent! I'll do the same and make GOA my Amazon Smile charity. I did not even look in to that.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm
I need to renew my membership with GOA ( Gun Owners of America).. they do so much more pro-active stuff than the NRA or most other pro Second Amendment organizations. And listen up folks!!! Guns aren't the only issue with the Second Amendment>> that's where our knife rights come into play as well. So please support any reputable Second Amendment organization that you can.

This new administration has made it plain and clear that they want to make guns illegal for everyone except those in power. Naperville is right this is a serious situation for sure. Do what you can.
Thanks J.D!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

GOA seems to be the no compromise group. They get my money.

I first joined the NRA when I was about ten years old. Got my first .22 for Christmas at a pretty young age. Haven’t been a member for a while now though.

Funding these groups is getting increasingly important. However, we also need a two pronged approach. Litigation is great but we are losing the culture war. As a society guns are being demonized. As a society we need to understand that responsible gun ownership is a positive and not a negative.

Gun laws do not protect me from criminals, they protect criminals from me.

When the people fear the government you have tyranny, when the government fears the people you have freedom.

Statistically concealed weapons carriers are some of the most law abiding people in the country.

When and how will we convince people of these ideas?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Grandpa bought me a lifetime membership about a week after I was born, about $25 back then. Haven't been happy with Mr. Milquetoast being in charge all these years, their silence on many key 2nd Amendment issues (both state and national) and their backing of politicians who truly aren't 2nd friendly really steams me. We NEED another Neal Knox to pick up the standard and fight for our rights alongside us.

The state level true grassroots groups are doing the yeoman's work on many levels and ALWAYS need extra assistance...be it monetary or physical (calling reps/senators, showing up at local and state level government meetings, going to "lobby days", etc...)

We need to speak/explain about our hobby with those who don't understand or fear it. Education and positive experiences are like antiseptic to the MSM half truths and propaganda and we all need to do our part.

I won't speak about our current administration as I do not have the ability nor the inclination to keep it civil, but we are in for the greatest assault on our rights in the country's history.

OH62
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Naperville wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:10 pm
Today, Feb 3rd, 2021, I gave $200 ($50 each) to the following organizations.
Good on ya. Hopefully the Covid panic will result in more shooters who are supportive of their rights.

I've been a Life member of the National Rifle Association for well over 30 years, and have been a member of the California Rifle and Pistol Association for 5-10 years. My political affiliation is with those who might be more protective of my right to self-protection. Last year I gifted a CRPA membership to a newbie.

Its important that we create new shooters. Over the past couple years, I've introduced several newbies to guns. By "introduced," I mean teach them handling at home, then take them for a day in the desert with a variety of firearms.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Excellent!!!! Let's keep the thread going and get as many as possible to donate.

bearfacedkiller, "When and how will we convince people of these ideas?" We have to stay on this subject. There are a lot of blogs where you can get involved and get people to donate. Blogs and News sites that are local to you are excellent places to pass along info on firearms safety and you can always pass along which orgs you are a member of for the added visibility.

OldHoosier62, state level true grassroots groups are doing the yeoman's work on many levels and ALWAYS need extra assistance..." yes, I considered giving to local gun groups in Illinois and California, two states that are at the forefront of legislation for additional usurpation of rights. I'm kind of tapped out at the moment but I can see I need to do more when I can. Give your time and money where you can!!!

RustyIron, "Its important that we create new shooters. Over the past couple years, I've introduced several newbies to guns." I agree 100%. This is what gun and knife owners need to do. We need to introduce new folks all the time to our hobbies, and areas which support our rights.
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

Yes I do. Currently donate to FPC and a member of the CRPA.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Henry_P wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:19 pm
Yes I do. Currently donate to FPC and a member of the CRPA.
[+1]

Keep going! We are the foundation.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m a member of the NRA and donate to the GOA when I can. These are trying times we’re in for sure.
Josh
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:55 pm
GOA seems to be the no compromise group. They get my money.

I first joined the NRA when I was about ten years old. Got my first .22 for Christmas at a pretty young age. Haven’t been a member for a while now though.

Funding these groups is getting increasingly important. However, we also need a two pronged approach. Litigation is great but we are losing the culture war. As a society guns are being demonized. As a society we need to understand that responsible gun ownership is a positive and not a negative.

When the people fear the government you have tyranny, when the government fears the people you have freedom.

Statistically concealed weapons carriers are some of the most law abiding people in the country.

When and how will we convince people of these ideas?

Well firearms in general aren't portrayed in a positive light so you are correct. Hard to do really with all of the movies and TV shows that work against the positive. That's not even getting into the advertising and how that is laid out, don't get me started on that one.

And even with all of that not sure how one would spin firearms in a positive light that most people would actually grasp.

Aside from target shooting, paper targets or trap shooting for shotguns the rest means actually killing something, either animals or humans (self defense or in a war zone etc.). That would be hard for some to get their minds around.

So like I said it's NOT easy to portray them in a positive light to others.

I do think education is the key here, but realize what it is they really are and have no illusions of getting around it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:

Hey BFK that is such a profound truth you put up ;) Because where you have the most super strict gun control laws like Chicago and Wash D.C. you absolutely have significantly higher violent crime rates. And those statistics are not exceptions either>> it has been proven time after time where you have more guns you have less crime ( violent and otherwise).

There is a college professor "John R. Lott" that once thought gun control was the best way to go. Then when he seriously and honestly researched the subject he found out that just the opposite was true. He later wrote a book entitled "More Guns, Less Crime" and it's a great book on the subject of gun control.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am a life member of the NRA. They have a special discount for disabled Vets. If you are one, I'd encourage you to become a life member.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

bearfacedkiller wrote:

Politicians being easy on criminals? Of course. It's called professional courtesy.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:47 pm
Its important that we create new shooters. Over the past couple years, I've introduced several newbies to guns. By "introduced," I mean teach them handling at home, then take them for a day in the desert with a variety of firearms.
A lack of understanding is usually the root of unreasoning fear. Education creates understanding, which dispels fear, and gives reason an opportunity to function.

I honestly think that firearms safety (and drivers training) should be required in our schools. With the number of firearms (and motor vehicles) in the USA, it's irresponsible not to educate our children on their function.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

TomAiello wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:14 am
RustyIron wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:47 pm
A lack of understanding is usually the root of unreasoning fear. Education creates understanding, which dispels fear, and gives reason an opportunity to function.

I honestly think that firearms safety (and drivers training) should be required in our schools. With the number of firearms (and motor vehicles) in the USA, it's irresponsible not to educate our children on their function.
I agree with you on education. Hunter education was actually offered in 8th grade at my school. I took it. We also had boater safety because around here boats and hunting are very common.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

My kids school actually has a shooting team.

At a minimum I consider it to be my duty as a parent to teach my kids to safely deal with things they will encounter in their lives. That includes cars, guns, knives, matches, stoves, boats...lots of other things.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 am
My kids school actually has a shooting team.

At a minimum I consider it to be my duty as a parent to teach my kids to safely deal with things they will encounter in their lives. That includes cars, guns, knives, matches, stoves, boats...lots of other things.
I agree Tom.