What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Salty Dog
Member
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:41 am
Location: Sydney Australia

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby Salty Dog » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:25 am

One of the original general Lee's.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby JuPaul » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:10 pm

Enactive wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:19 am
Tough question. It might be a Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione ii.

That is a mean car, built for Group B rally. The money would be for a parts car, spare parts and a mechanic.

For pure beauty, an Alfa maybe, like Julia.
Yep! I'd need one of these on full-time staff for my Montreal, too. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
austrian_spyder_fan
Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am
Location: Austria / Europe

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby austrian_spyder_fan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:36 am
Easy question! An early 1970s Alfa Romeo Montreal, preferably in green!
Image
Image
Image
My dad was a HUGE Alfa guy, and instilled a love of them in me from a very young age. We used to sit in his Spider and he'd quiz me on the names of all the guages. :)
Great.
It's also on my wishlist.

User avatar
austrian_spyder_fan
Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am
Location: Austria / Europe

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby austrian_spyder_fan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:34 pm

Just one car?

Lotus Super Seven
Lotus Omega
Buick Riviera 71
Mercedes W100 Coupe ;-)
Alfa Montreal
Equus Bass 660
Ford Mustang (Bullitt Style)
Plymouth Road Runner
Hummer H1
Mercedes G
Mercedes 190 16V
.......
.......
.......

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3542
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby abbazaba » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:53 pm

All of them? We are talking unlimited money right?

I might start with finding a Grand National or GNX

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby JuPaul » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:36 am
Easy question! An early 1970s Alfa Romeo Montreal, preferably in green!
Image
Image
Image
My dad was a HUGE Alfa guy, and instilled a love of them in me from a very young age. We used to sit in his Spider and he'd quiz me on the names of all the guages. :)
Great.
It's also on my wishlist.
My dad had a cherry red Montreal for a while. His needed a lot of work, though, and the parts were so hard to find that he and his Alfa buddies ended up machining their own stuff half the time. I remember it actually running for a total of maybe 3 days. :D :p But it was a labor of love for him, and man, it was such a sexy car!!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

Cycletroll
Member
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: North Central New Mexico

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby Cycletroll » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Already driving it. Lexus LX570.

User avatar
austrian_spyder_fan
Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am
Location: Austria / Europe

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby austrian_spyder_fan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:36 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm
austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:36 am
Easy question! An early 1970s Alfa Romeo Montreal, preferably in green!
Image
Image
Image
My dad was a HUGE Alfa guy, and instilled a love of them in me from a very young age. We used to sit in his Spider and he'd quiz me on the names of all the guages. :)
Great.
It's also on my wishlist.
My dad had a cherry red Montreal for a while. His needed a lot of work, though, and the parts were so hard to find that he and his Alfa buddies ended up machining their own stuff half the time. I remember it actually running for a total of maybe 3 days. :D :p But it was a labor of love for him, and man, it was such a sexy car!!
He Julia,

Montreal is a legend.
They where never seen frequently an european roads.
Only ~4000 built.
But i love it.

ASF

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby JuPaul » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:53 pm

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:36 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm
austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:36 am
Easy question! An early 1970s Alfa Romeo Montreal, preferably in green!

My dad was a HUGE Alfa guy, and instilled a love of them in me from a very young age. We used to sit in his Spider and he'd quiz me on the names of all the guages. :)
Great.
It's also on my wishlist.
My dad had a cherry red Montreal for a while. His needed a lot of work, though, and the parts were so hard to find that he and his Alfa buddies ended up machining their own stuff half the time. I remember it actually running for a total of maybe 3 days. :D :p But it was a labor of love for him, and man, it was such a sexy car!!
He Julia,

Montreal is a legend.
They where never seen frequently an european roads.
Only ~4000 built.
But i love it.

ASF
My one and only tattoo! I got it when my dad died, as a reminder that he still always has my back. :) His friends all teased me that I was named for the Alfa Giulia.
Image
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

rangefinder
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 am

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby rangefinder » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Probably a mid 1930s Delahaye 135S (Special), the racing version of the 135.

Although Delahaye was a big name in racing in the 1930s (e.g., finished #1 and #2 at the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1938), they're not really very well known now. Here's a quick intro, and at the bottom is a link to a big gallery: https://www.supercars.net/blog/1935-del ... 5-special/

From a more attainable standpoint, I also like many of the Chryslers made during the Great Depression time frame (late 20s into the 30s).

For the Montreal fans, you might also like the Lamborghini Jarama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Jarama

Same time frame (1970-76), same designer (Marcello Gandini), and super rare (328 units).

User avatar
austrian_spyder_fan
Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am
Location: Austria / Europe

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby austrian_spyder_fan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:06 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:53 pm
austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:36 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm
austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm


Great.
It's also on my wishlist.
My dad had a cherry red Montreal for a while. His needed a lot of work, though, and the parts were so hard to find that he and his Alfa buddies ended up machining their own stuff half the time. I remember it actually running for a total of maybe 3 days. :D :p But it was a labor of love for him, and man, it was such a sexy car!!
He Julia,

Montreal is a legend.
They where never seen frequently an european roads.
Only ~4000 built.
But i love it.

ASF
My one and only tattoo! I got it when my dad died, as a reminder that he still always has my back. :) His friends all teased me that I was named for the Alfa Giulia.
Image
Hi Julia,

that is very touching.
Your dad must have been very proud of you.

ASF

User avatar
The Mastiff
Member
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:53 am
Location: raleigh nc

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby The Mastiff » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 pm

That's cool Julia.

Funny but you never seemed high maintenance. :D

User avatar
cabfrank
Member
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby cabfrank » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Threads like this are great! You are never too old to dream.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby JuPaul » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 pm

The Mastiff wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:35 pm
That's cool Julia.

Funny but you never seemed high maintenance. :D
High maintenance like an Alfa? ;) Well, since I turned 40 my body does seem to keep breaking down all the time!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby JuPaul » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:17 pm

rangefinder wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Probably a mid 1930s Delahaye 135S (Special), the racing version of the 135.

Although Delahaye was a big name in racing in the 1930s (e.g., finished #1 and #2 at the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1938), they're not really very well known now. Here's a quick intro, and at the bottom is a link to a big gallery: https://www.supercars.net/blog/1935-del ... 5-special/

From a more attainable standpoint, I also like many of the Chryslers made during the Great Depression time frame (late 20s into the 30s).

For the Montreal fans, you might also like the Lamborghini Jarama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Jarama

Same time frame (1970-76), same designer (Marcello Gandini), and super rare (328 units).
The Jarama is definitely cool! Kinda looks like the lovechild of a Montreal and a Lotus Esprit.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
The Mastiff
Member
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:53 am
Location: raleigh nc

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby The Mastiff » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 pm

High maintenance like an Alfa?
Yeah, or any worthwhile sports model. :)
Well, since I turned 40 my body does seem to keep breaking down all the time!
Oh man wait until your 50's if you think 40's are bad. Whatever you still have work at keeping it. It's a lot harder to get it back once it goes. I found out after sitting around after a surgery. And being old. :o

Joe

User avatar
kennethsime
Member
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: California

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby kennethsime » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:54 pm

I'd be pretty pumped about an electric 911. Anything pre-1976.
Lost to the Ages: C90GRE Stretch 1 ZDP-189 British Racing Green | C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 British Racing Green
C12BK2W Matriarch 2 VG-10 Emerson Open | C81G2 Para Military 2 S30V

Currently Rotating: C81GPRGR2 Para Military 2 K390 Ranger Green | C223GPRGR Para 3 K390 Ranger Green
C90FPIV2 Stretch 2 Straight Spine, VG-10 Rit Dye'd Dark Apple Green | C223GP Para 3 S30V Green Canvas Micarta
C41BORE5 Native 5 Lightweight REX 45 Burnt Orange | C223BORE Para 3 Lightweight REX 45 Burnt Orange
C101GY2 Manix 2 Lightweight Maxamet Gray | C28GFG Dragonfly K390 Swap Foliage Green
MT27 Mule Team 27 Micro-Melt PD#1 Ranger Green | C36GPGR Military 204p Dark Green
C229MZW Shaman Z-Wear Brown Canvas Micarta

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdurheieHxQ&t=520s

Impressive acceleration at the 5:00 and 5:50 mark. Messing around on the highway with the Corvette around 9:25 mark.
21 :spyder:'s in 14 different steels
1- Zero Tolerance 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - Bradford Guardian 3/Wharnie Vanadis 4E

-Rick

Joshcrutchley1
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:44 am
Location: Michigan

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby Joshcrutchley1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:33 am

1969 Mustang Boss 429
BOSS429.jpeg

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What is your dream car if you had unlimited money?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:35 am

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:33 am
1969 Mustang Boss 429BOSS429.jpeg
Great choice! Couldn't say no to that beauty.
21 :spyder:'s in 14 different steels
1- Zero Tolerance 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - Bradford Guardian 3/Wharnie Vanadis 4E

-Rick


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sumdumguy and 7 guests