I miss Dr. Snubnose...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bolster

I miss Dr. Snubnose...

Post by Bolster »

...whatever happened to him? Looks like he stopped posting in 2017. Wish he were still active.
JD Spydo

Re: I miss Dr. Snubnose...

Post by JD Spydo »

I've been wondering that myself for the last couple of years. I used to really like Doc Snubnose and had a lot of conversations with him. When he was here he was a super contributor and extremely knowledgeable.

And I know he would be elated to know that we are getting the C-60 Ayoob model back to return in a Sprint Run. He liked that model in SE probably more than I do.

I just sincerely hope he's doing very well at this time. But it would be cool to see him return ASAP. He is another one of the old school Spyderville residents that I grew up with. Let's just keep our fingers crossed :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

We keep in touch occasionally in messenger. He's still kicking a** and taking names. He drives a Porsche these days.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:47 am
We keep in touch occasionally in messenger. He's still kicking a** and taking names. He drives a Porsche these days.
That's great news to hear>> tell him we want him to come back to Spyderville more often :D Also let him know that the Sprint Run for the C-60 Ayoob is a green light. Him and I used to talk about that model a lot. I think he'll be glad to know.

Great news and glad to hear it :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:53 am
chuck_roxas45 wrote:
That's great news to hear>> tell him we want him to come back to Spyderville more often :D Also let him know that the Sprint Run for the C-60 Ayoob is a green light. Him and I used to talk about that model a lot. I think he'll be glad to know.

Great news and glad to hear it :)
Will do. :D
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Glad to hear he’s OK, and it’s also nice to see you guys all still here.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:

Oh! Awsome. Yes, please pass along that his Spydie family misses him.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Good to hear he's still around. Good to see you too Chuck.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Snubnose was always a PILLAR of the Spyderville community. He MUST return to in time for the C-60 Ayoob Sprint Run in SE & PE both. I know that Doc Snubnose will be over-joyed to get that news.

It's amazing how that old Super-Classic C-60 model has brought so many of the Spyder-Brethren to the surface as of late.

Doc Snubnose if you read this you must get one of these Sprint Run C-60 Ayoob models in SE at the very least when it becomes available>> which shouldn't be too much longer. It was your testimony about the Great model in the serrated model that made me take a harder look at it with the TEETH version. The Welcome mat is out and waiting for your long overdue return DOC :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Doc got back to me last night. He tried to get into the forum but he says his status is "banned". I told him I'd message Taz about it.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I still check the forums from time to time but amateur radio takes all my money these days. :)

Of course, I still always have a spydie in my pocket. :D

Glad to see you guys are keeping the faith.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:08 pm
Doc got back to me last night. He tried to get into the forum but he says his status is "banned". I told him I'd message Taz about it.

Odd. He's on my friends list and there's nothing that notes him as banned. Hopefully Taz can sort it.

Remember his amazing MTD...Meat Test Database? Reading it is a bit tricky, but you want to see as many lines for a particular knife as long as possible...so the Ronin, Yoji, and Chinook are at the top of the pack here...
Attachments
Meat Test-1.jpg
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:12 am
chuck_roxas45 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:08 pm

Odd. He's on my friends list and there's nothing that notes him as banned. Hopefully Taz can sort it.

Remember his amazing MTD...Meat Test Database? Reading it is a bit tricky, but you want to see as many lines for a particular knife as long as possible...so the Ronin, Yoji, and Chinook are at the top of the pack here...
Yes, I wonder what that banned is all about. Anyway those meatman tests were incredibly interesting.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Doc still hasn't been here? Last I heard he was waiting on covid test results as he had sniffles. I hope he's okay
Donut

Post by Donut »

That's a fight Doc wouldn't want to admit losing. :p I have faith that he won't have trouble with that.

It's nice to see you around Chuck! I've been trying to post more often lately.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

It may be that he is using a IP that is banned. Some VPNs get blocked due to a few bad users. My VPN got blocked awhile back, but Taz got it sorted out.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Dr. Snubnose hasn't been banned. The network he is using has blocked Spyderco's domain due to the security/safety settings. He'll need to either use a different network or get the block removed. I've corresponded with him, so hopefully, he can visit again soon.

On that note, since this topic isn't regarding Spyderco, I'm moving it to the Off-Topic area.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Hey Guys and Spyderco lovers....I miss you guys too!!! Taz helped me reset up my account so here I is!!! Nice to see the old time familiar faces, Vash, Donut, JD, Chuck and Free, and all the others...nice to be back! I’m excited to hear about C-60...I want one! yes indeed...you’ll be seeing more of me thanks for the kind and thoughtful wishes...Doc:)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Donut wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:23 am
That's a fight Doc wouldn't want to admit losing. :p I have faith that he won't have trouble with that.

It's nice to see you around Chuck! I've been trying to post more often lately.
Hello Donut. Nice to see you again too! I've been looking around the forums lately and I find I don't have anything to add so I'm just having fun catching up with the new stuff. See you around. :)

edit: I kept looking for a like button because I see a lot of posts I wanna add a like.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Chuck and the Doc? Good to see you both again!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?