B's Adamas line moves to Cru-wear

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JRinFL

B's Adamas line moves to Cru-wear

Post by JRinFL »

This article claims that the "B" brand is putting Cru-wear on the entire Adamas line of knives. https://soldiersystems.net/2021/01/12/b ... -for-2021/

Smart move in my opinion, I had wished for Spyderco to do that a few years back.

Edited to add: I probably will get a mini-Adamas. I have the original when they cleared them out, but it is a hefty beast.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JuPaul

Re: B's Adamas line moves to Cru-wear

Post by JuPaul »

I'm not really interested in that line of models, but it's pretty cool they're doing Cru-wear on production models! They should make me a Bugout or 943 in Cru-wear. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I wonder if they will do other models in Cru-wear?

So, I saw the pre-order price on the Adamas line and I'll be taking a pass unless I can find them well under MAP.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm
I wonder if they will do other models in Cru-wear?
Or, they could add Cru-wear to their custom knife builder.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm looking at that fixed blade Adams, and wondering why on earth someone would buy that when they could have had PD1 mules for literally a quarter of the price.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:00 pm
This article claims that the "B" brand is putting Cru-wear on the entire Adamas line of knives. https://soldiersystems.net/2021/01/12/b ... -for-2021/

Smart move in my opinion, I had wished for Spyderco to do that a few years back.

Edited to add: I probably will get a mini-Adamas. I have the original when they cleared them out, but it is a hefty beast.
Yep, with you. Definitely want that smaller Adamas with the CruWear!!
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I'm definitely going to buy one of these. I almost jumped on the Adamas when it was discontinued, but I decided against it. Cruwear will push me over the edge though.
--Jeremy
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I just bought a Benchmade 2750BK Adamas, all black in D2 from DLT. I wanted one in D2. Might pick one up later in CruWear if the reports and tests come back justifying it.

If you are looking for a Kryptec Adamas in D2 they are at Bass Pro Shops.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
vivi

Post by vivi »

I didn't realize the D2 version got discontinued. Always liked the look of the Adamas but never got around to buying one. Maybe when the cru-wear version comes out I'll pick one up and give the steel another shot.
:unicorn
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Wow! CruWear for a military application-oriented production blade is amazing.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Do you remember when Benchmade Bailout came out in CPM 3V and they were like 56 HRC?
I have no problems that they are going to use Cru-wear, but please, harden it properly.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

At one time the B's interested me but their use of the Spydie Hole in some of their models made me add them to my own Banned For Purchase List. :mad:
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

According to official specs the hrc range for their Cruwear is 63-65. I guess we will have to wait until it is released and somebody takes an independent test to determine actual hardness.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

If they hit that hardness level, I will be even more tempted despite it being expensive and from "B".
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:35 pm
I just bought a Benchmade 2750BK Adamas, all black in D2 from DLT. I wanted one in D2. Might pick one up later in CruWear if the reports and tests come back justifying it.
NOPE! DLT computer glitch. The knife became out of stock just as I ordered. I did not snag it, which is absolutely fine.

6 months after the new CruWear models come out I might pick one up.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/