What watch you're wearing?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Makunochimaster

Re: What watch you're wearing?

Post by Makunochimaster »

Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
max808

Post by max808 »

Right wrist currently is a Casio GST-B200B-1AER but gets rotated regularly from a handful of steel G. This one doesn't come with a black IP bracelet from the factory and the aftermarket one I ordered wasn't great quality so ended up getting the silver bracelet from their B200D model turning this into a duotone. And yes, I wear two watches to balance things out and add a digital screen to my analogue beater. Also, the stainless steel ones are a great workout for the wrist. Combined with some grip strength exercises I've gone up 2 micro adjust slots since rediscovering my love for G-Shocks. Thank you to the Kashio family for creating these durable timepieces!
GST-B200B-1AER001.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The only "blingy" item I own.

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Hahahaha 🤢
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:58 pm
It's s a Beaut Clark.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageStory goes sons of my Great great grandfather took two calves to market to buy this Elgin for a Christmas gift . Inscription inside is dated December 25th , 1891 . I had it restored and repaired years ago by a watch smith about to retire . When I went to pick it up he told me no charge because it was the last watch he worked before he closed up shop . Keeps great time . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That's an awesome story every which way Dan! Talk about a sentimental piece.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

A story within a story.
A great picture and selection of objects.
What of the other objects?
A wooden cane in the background?
The wire rimmed glasses?
The plaid cloth upon which they rest?
Give us more.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:17 am
A story within a story.
A great picture and selection of objects.
What of the other objects?
A wooden cane in the background?
The wire rimmed glasses?
The plaid cloth upon which they rest?
Give us more.
Thank you guys . Ha ! Glasses are just old pair on mine . Cloth is just a a light jacket I wear in cooler weather . Yes it is a carved cane from the South probably around a hundred years old that belonged to my great uncle . There is a guy in town who offered me a crazy price for it who collects canes , but refused, belongs in the family . I was fortunate to have some things of his given to me when he passed away years ago . He was a great man and very talented . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Thank you for that, Dan.
And I forgot, the Police PE,
any story to that, my friend?
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:54 am
Thank you for that, Dan.
And I forgot, the Police PE,
any story to that, my friend?
It’s the only Police I have in my collection . I had the lefty CF model and a Lefty SS Police Model but both were so rare they just sat in my cabinet . I downsized my collection a few years ago and collector non users found new homes . The G10 model isn’t as pretty in blade style to me but just so well built and I tend to gravitate towards larger knives . I do have a story , first time I carried to work at Cat , I used it to half a sandwich at lunch in my cubicle in the Shipping office at Cat . I rolled the blade and really sliced open a finger bad . I cussed , and heard a voice say “ I suppose you just cut yourself with a company approved knife ? “ . Next day I came to work and my desk was littered with bandaids .
Henry David Thoreau
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Thank you for that... painful, but now funny, memory.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

That is a irreplaceable piece Dan! One to stay in your family for generations. Very cool!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Nice! 👍
vivi

Post by vivi »

Forerunner 945.

I scoffed at the idea of a smart watch for a while but I don't see myself going back to my G-shock any time soon. This thing has so much more functionality than a dw5600. Having to charge it for half an hour every other week is a small inconvenience to have to deal with for all the features it offers.
:unicorn
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:41 pm
Forerunner 945.

I scoffed at the idea of a smart watch for a while but I don't see myself going back to my G-shock any time soon. This thing has so much more functionality than a dw5600. Having to charge it for half an hour every other week is a small inconvenience to have to deal with for all the features it offers.
I find myself going the other way… I’m interested in vintage manual winders though I still like my solar atomic G-shock.