What watch you're wearing?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
max808

Re: What watch you're wearing?

Post by max808 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:03 pm
ImageI got got this gift from zforum member max808 today . It took 43 days to get to mail box and it was still keeping time . This is my first Casio and I’m on a big learning curve. I have managed to set time but stuck in military time and need to set month and day . Really is a beauty with changes Max made and bracelet fits perfectly. Thank you Max for your kindness and much appreciated. Buddy Dan
Thanks Bud, blessed be the courier gods for coming through and especially Ina over at Bpost who seemingly performed a miracle. The user interface on your Casio is quite intuitive once you get used to it. Push the lower right button for about 5 seconds and you will sync with your nearest atomic clock tower, in your case Colorado. Your watch will indicate L1, L2 or L3 from weak to strong radio reception by the antenna installed under the bezel and will automatically adjust your timezone and DST. Best results are achieved by placing your watch in a windowsill facing the direction of the tower, preferably early morning in order to avoid atmospheric interference. The date is actually correct but has European format so first day and then month. By pushing the lower left button for about 5 seconds you can also connect your watch to a phone via Bluetooth if you install the Casio G-Shock app and set everything up very easily on there. Have fun with it brother Dan and happy 2023!

Sincerely,
max

P.S. Casio module PDF manuals are your friend
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

All good ! Everything is working perfectly now , much better than a sun dial ! 🤣 Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Coastal

Post by Coastal »

I see this thread over and over, and it always makes me wonder, "Do people change their watch often enough that it deserves its own thread?" My watch is always a Suunto Core; it's the only watch I own.

But I'm curious whether a watch exists that has an electronic display that looks like an analog clock face. Clocks of this type are easy enough to find, but I haven't seen a watch with an analog clock face, other than actual analog watches.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Coastal wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:54 pm
I see this thread over and over, and it always makes me wonder, "Do people change their watch often enough that it deserves its own thread?" My watch is always a Suunto Core; it's the only watch I own.

But I'm curious whether a watch exists that has an electronic display that looks like an analog clock face. Clocks of this type are easy enough to find, but I haven't seen a watch with an analog clock face, other than actual analog watches.

The MontBlanc Summit 2 and 3 is a smartwatch that looks like an analog watch

https://www.montblanc.com/en-be/collect ... collection
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

IG-88 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:09 pm
Coastal wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:54 pm

The MontBlanc Summit 2 and 3 is a smartwatch that looks like an analog watch

https://www.montblanc.com/en-be/collect ... collection
That is sick! Definitely worth considering, though it's larger, heavier, smarter, and more expensive than I'd prefer.

Still... might have to sell a few knives.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Coastal wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:49 pm

That is sick! Definitely worth considering, though it's larger, heavier, smarter, and more expensive than I'd prefer.

Tag Heuer also has such a model a little more sporty less dressy but 2x the price, even more knives to sell :winking-tongue

https://www.tagheuer.com/be/en/smartwat ... gLcDfD_BwE

max808

Post by max808 »

IG-88 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:21 pm
Coastal wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:49 pm

Tag Heuer also has such a model a little more sporty less dressy but 2x the price, even more knives to sell :winking-tongue

https://www.tagheuer.com/be/en/smartwat ... gLcDfD_BwE

That's a beauty, kinda reminds me of some of the Edifices out there. Got a feeling this one is a couple grand instead of a couple hundred though...
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

Archive pics

Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Makunochimaster

Makunochimaster

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageMr.Mak snack ! :smiling-halo
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Had this for almost a month now and forgot to share it here. I scratched it up a tiny bit on the stainless steel, close to the 11 marker. I was sitting on a black sand beach next to a rock and kept bumping my hand onto it, whoops.
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

Screenshot_20230128_152545_Photos.jpg
Green orient triton today
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

I wear Swatches because they look goofy, Are huge, light, Cheap plastic body and bezel. And make me look cool and trendy. 😎
max808

Post by max808 »

JoshLikesSekiCityKnives wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:44 pm
I wear Swatches because they ... make me look cool and trendy. 😎
That's debatable...
:cheap-sunglasses
max808

Post by max808 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:51 am
ImageMr.Mak snack ! :smiling-halo
Glad to see you wearing your G Dan, how are you two getting along enjoying Zulu time together?
:cheap-sunglasses
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Hi Max , the Zulu time is ok but will switch over sometime this week . I’m glad I tried it just not my thing on a digital watch . I have a friend who collects Casio watches and wants it bad , offered a sweet deal in exchange for a Mudman . I politely told him it a personal gift and would never part with it . I love this watch I can’t stop wearing it . Thank you my friend , Dan .
Henry David Thoreau
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Dan, that is the perfect line up! Zulu time works for me, but I've been around it for a looongg time :grin-smiling-eyes
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

bearrowland wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am
Dan, that is the perfect line up! Zulu time works for me, but I've been around it for a looongg time :grin-smiling-eyes
I’m a fossil too ! I have it on some analog watches and works fine . I just never used it enough to get my brain accustomed to converting. My bad , I am a glance and go guy ! :smlling-eyes Dan
Henry David Thoreau