Dawn Wells - RIP

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ankerson

Dawn Wells - RIP

Post by Ankerson »

Dawn Wells passed away at 82.

Played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island.

They say from Covid 19.
Water Bug

Re: Dawn Wells - RIP

Post by Water Bug »

Oh no... :(

Dawn Wells was my favorite on, Gilligan's Island... she came across as so wholesome and pure, and she was beautiful without trying to be. She was definitely my favorite pick over Ginger. Loved seeing her in the remake movies of the show as well as for her cameo appearances in other programs. She was such a lovely person both on and off the stage.

Rest in peace, Mary Ann. You'll truly be missed.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

If you're over 60, be wise. We are headed in to the final stretch and only need 4 to 6 months of caution to stay healthy. Once we get the vaccine, hopefully this will be over.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
James Y

Post by James Y »

RIP.

I remember her as the only character on Gilligan’s Island that I liked. I was only 2 or 3 when the older kids teased me that I liked Ginger, but no, I yelled that I liked Mary Ann.

Jim
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

RIP. She was a lovely woman. I will always remember her as Mary Ann.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I always liked Mary Ann better than I did Miss Ginger. Ginger was made of Maybelline and Mary Ann always looked like a sweet farm girl. >> she might just be the very last of the Gilligan Island cast>> actually I think she was.

RIP my condolences.
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:51 am
I always liked Mary Ann better than I did Miss Ginger. Ginger was made of Maybelline and Mary Ann always looked like a sweet farm girl. >> she might just be the very last of the Gilligan Island cast>> actually I think she was.

RIP my condolences.

Joe,

Tina Louise (who played Ginger) is still alive, and with Dawn Wells gone, she is the last surviving cast member.

I can’t recall ever hearing anybody say they preferred Ginger over Mary Ann.

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

James Y wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:08 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:51 am

RIP my condolences.

Joe,

Tina Louise (who played Ginger) is still alive, and with Dawn Wells gone, she is the last surviving cast member.

I can’t recall ever hearing anybody say they preferred Ginger over Mary Ann.

Jim
Well that's strange because one of my neighbors told me just yesterday after the news broke that Tina Louise died about two years ago :confused: That just goes to show you that you absolutely have to double check everything you hear anymore. There is so much BS floating around anymore that it's getting more and more difficult to be truly up to speed on anything anymore.

I had also heard that Bob Denver ( who played Gilligan) who also got his start in the old Dobie Gillis Show from the late 50s/early 60s>> also Warren Beatty also got his start in the old Dobie Gillis show as well. But anyway few people knew that Bob Denver and Dawn Wells had remained extremely close friends throughout all the years until 2005 I think it was when he passed away.
Alan Hale who played the "Skipper" went all the way back to the 40s and he had a hit Show called Casey Jones which was big in the late 50s. It wasn't until Gilligan's Island aired for 2 or 3 years that they would include the Professor and Mary Ann in the credits for some extremely strange reason :confused: . Oh well time goes by like a flash it seems. But again I'm sorry to see her go.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Tina Louise is still alive, she is 86 years old.

They just spoke with her about Dawn Wells passing.