Sunsets

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Sunsets

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:42 am
Rick, is that a big oak? Or sugar maple? I can't tell
At any rate, nice pic! I'll be it was truly magnificent.
Our leaves should be fried up nicely in the next week or two
I believe it's an oak. There's a line of them that goes through our neighborhood backyards. We have a water run off/easement just behind my fence, so that tree gets plenty of water and is always the nicest looking one out of the bunch. Lots of neighbors comment on it. It looks amazing for a couple weeks every fall!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:28 pm
This was our backyard tonight. Those leaves are a beautiful orange right now, but the sunset gave off a pink hue. It only lasted about 10 minutes, but the tree looked incredible with that lighting. Wish the camera could have really captured it!

Upstate NY is glorious in Fall. It doesn't take second place to anywhere else in the regard. I used to love hopping in the car and just cruising around the country side when I lived up there.

As to the tree, just snag us a leaf and post a pic of it here! 🍁
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Some very vibrant leaves right now! You nailed it Jim, this time of year is a wonderful time to live in the Northeast! I've always been partial to the colors and love the way my wife decorates the house. That cooler air, the smell of fall...it's the best.

-Rick
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Seek iNaturalist app says it's genus is Maples. Couldn't get the species.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Makunochimaster wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:06 pm
Beautiful Mr. Mak , picture looks like an introduction to a spooky movie a! Nice blues . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:12 pm
Some very vibrant leaves right now! You nailed it Jim, this time of year is a wonderful time to live in the Northeast! I've always been partial to the colors and love the way my wife decorates the house. That cooler air, the smell of fall...it's the best.

We have a Maple behind garage that gets a lot of water too . Looks like our trees a similar but trees here are still green . It appears the main leader is missing on the tree , notice the several large limbs reaching up ? Ours is similar and years ago CEO worked for a landscape company and they were going to throw away because the leader was damaged. She brought it home of course and 20 plus years later it is beautiful like yours . I think it may be a Red Maple .Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

-Jimmy
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I've seen lots of cool sunsets, but nothing has quiet topped this one.
annular-sunset1.JPG
May 20th 2012, an annular eclipse happened that crossed the USA. Annular is not a total, there is a "ring of fire" as the moon is to far away in its orbit to perfectly cover the sun. The event started a bit before sundown and we got to watch the entire event. Being that it was during sunset, we were able to watch naked eye at the point these photos were taken.

As it was setting the moon had hit the other edge of the sun and was moving off the solar disk.
annular-sunset2.JPG
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Very cool.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That really is, the one with the ring is beautiful but also a bit eerie and creepy.

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I agree that is super cool but also very surreal looking! That would be an amazing event to witness.
-Nick :bug-red
Netherend

Post by Netherend »

B12C5419-75E7-46C6-BB61-B2799CC4C3E1.jpeg
Just one more knife...
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Last night's sunset was one of the better ones we've had lately. Made it nicer that I was at the lake fishing at the time.

Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Oh fishing sunsets are the best! Nice shot! Here is one from my past files, we were the last ones off the lake:
FISHINGSUNSET.JPG
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Last night's sunset, taken a mile or two from home.

Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
advan

Post by advan »

Joshua Tree National Park
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Not exactly a sunset but a pano of the setting sun
shot through the smoke of a number of burn piles yesterday.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Autumn colors only last for about a day here in Deep East Texas
and we need a cold snap to make the colors pop.
Didn't happen this year but some color none the less.

The sunset in the west

lights up the trees on the east fence line.