Sunsets

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: Sunsets

Post by Mad Mac »

Two weeks ago. At least someone got some rain.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It's been crazy hot here in N. Texas. Saturday evening a friend and I were enjoying adult beverages and listening to music out by his pool. We couldn't see the horizon because his house was blocking it. So I decided to put a drone up. We got some pretty good shots considering the clouds usually disappear at sunset around here lately

this one was south east of us....

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Last nights sunset. The bay side beaches on Cape Cod reliably have some of the best sunset views in Massachusetts.

-Nick :bug-red
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Moon rising over Galveston Island
as family sets out to explore the beach.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

My current view.

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

This was a few weeks ago.
sonnenuntergang22.jpg
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Not quite a sunset and even before it was stylized by Google+
it was dramatic enough for me to shoot it in August of 2018.

RevMike

Post by RevMike »

This morning's sunrise through the porthole and a rainbow to the other side.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Not a great sunset last week but a memorable one for me.
My hound dog Ginger was barking then yowling on the far side of those trees.
Then came running up the hill with two coyotes chasing her.
When the song dogs saw me they turned away
but Ginger began chasing one of them. She's okay.

troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Got out to La Sal loop a bit late last night for sunset.
On the drive along Castle Valley:
sundown2 (2).JPG
Gain some altitude and you get to see the sunset again. I was still later than I wanted to be but got this shot.
sundown2 (1).JPG
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Two days before this picture was the autumnal equinox.
In June I took a picture for the summer solstice.
The sun set to the right of those two trees just off the edge of the lake.
Now it is well to the left of the two trees.
Check back with me in December for the winter solstice.

Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

-Jimmy
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Always amazing pictures Jimmy.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Fly Fishing Rick

Thanks Jeff!
-Jimmy
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Are we seeing an outer band of hurricane Ian in your sunset?
Fly Fishing Rick

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:57 am
Are we seeing an outer band of hurricane Ian in your sunset?
Yes.
-Jimmy
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

Tonight's sunset.

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

This was our backyard tonight. Those leaves are a beautiful orange right now, but the sunset gave off a pink hue. It only lasted about 10 minutes, but the tree looked incredible with that lighting. Wish the camera could have really captured it!

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Rick, is that a big oak? Or sugar maple? I can't tell
At any rate, nice pic! I'll be it was truly magnificent.
Our leaves should be fried up nicely in the next week or two