Exceptional Cutlery & Tool Websites

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Exceptional Cutlery & Tool Websites

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah I know we all have our favorite websites that we frequent on knives, tools and sharpening gear. But occasionally I'll run into one that I believe has exceptional quality that I didn't previously know about. Just today I was looking for an obscure item and I happened on to a really nice knife website that I had never visited before. It's "oldetownecutlery.com" . I was really impressed at how well organized it was and all the really nice merchandise they had. I would bet that many of you all were probably already aware of it. But to be honest that was the first time I ever checked it out.

I just thought that it would be cool to have a thread where we would share our favorite knife, tool and sharpening gear websites. There might be others that have been overlooked as well. Also I recently checked out the website of one of my favorite knife companies ( other than Spyderco). It was the website of "Klotzli" ( klotzli.com) >> they are a Swiss knife company that has some of the coolest handles I've ever seen. I've been impressed with the quality of their folders for quite some time.

OK let's do a thread on your favorite knife, tool and sharpening gear websites. And I don't care if they are USA or international. Maybe we can all check out something we might have overlooked over time. I'm always wanting to check out new sharpening gear and other related items.
MacLaren

Re: Exceptional Cutlery & Tool Websites

Post by MacLaren »

DLT Trading
Exceptional service and their reward points add up quick!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:08 am
DLT Trading
Yeah I keep hearing about them and I'm going to have to check them out. Of course we've all known about "Country Knives" out of Intercourse Pennsylvania. Also Arizona Custom Knives come to mind>> they also have really hard to find knives as well as their Custom blades.

But again that Olde Towne Cutlery was a really pleasant surprise. And that was the first I ever heard of them. We need to get a big list of these websites and hopefully avoid the killer of mom & pop businesses i.e. Amazon ( the ultimate evil) .
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:40 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:08 am
DLT Trading
Yeah I keep hearing about them and I'm going to have to check them out. Of course we've all known about "Country Knives" out of Intercourse Pennsylvania. Also Arizona Custom Knives come to mind>> they also have really hard to find knives as well as their Custom blades.

But again that Olde Towne Cutlery was a really pleasant surprise. And that was the first I ever heard of them. We need to get a big list of these websites and hopefully avoid the killer of mom & pop businesses i.e. Amazon ( the ultimate evil) .
I think you would love DLT, Joe.
Paul, Hammer & Jordan are all just fantastic to work with. And, they have no hassle return policy as well.
Also, Ive ordered from them as late as 4pm EST, and it still went out that day.
If you like good professional customer service, then you'll love DLT.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I've ordered over $20k in knives from: DLT, Knife Center, Knives Ship Free, Blade HQ, and Monkey Edge. I've used a few others too like AZ Knives.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Country knives are good folks to talk to and they often have things long sold out elsewhere but IMO that's because of how high they sell knives for. I can't think of any others that sell so high .

DLT Trading is better IMO because not only do they have much better prices but they do some really excellent exclusives. Not only Spyderco either.

Knifeworks is similar. I have done business with them for 12 to 15 years now and bought a bunch of exclusives.

GP knives is another one I have done business with for over a decade and have had great experiences with them. They don't do the exclusives though.

10 years ago I would have put Knifecenter at the top of the list. Not any more. I have had a few instances of poor or indifferent service .
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The main dealers I have dealt with are
DLT
Knife Center
Knife Works
Cutlery Shoppe
Knife Art
Knives Ship Free
Blade HQ
For me, its DLT at the top & BHQ at the bottom
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I will also recommend Knife Art. Very cool place imo.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Thanks for the Old Towne Cutlery link. They have a lot of interesting stabilized wood for scales that can be hard to find other places.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Mike at Collector Knives is exceptional as well!
Josh
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:32 pm
Thanks for the Old Towne Cutlery link. They have a lot of interesting stabilized wood for scales that can be hard to find other places.
Tom as many times as I've checked out different websites and links you would think I would have run into that Olde Towne website a long time ago. But that's the first I've heard of it. And again I was pleasantly surprised at how well organized the site is and how great of a selection they have.

Hey guys I don't know if many of you played with Chemistry sets when you all were young like I did. But there was a scientific supply house called Edmond Scientific. And I just wondered if any of you ever got stuff from them. It was mind blowing how much stuff they had to sell back in the 60s & 70s. But they had just about anything an amateur chemist would want.

Also when I was still in the tree business ( removal & maintenance) there was a supply house known as "Bailey's" and they had just about anything you would want in that arena. Great responses so far guys. But don't stop now :)
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

SFO is pretty stinking good :p
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:47 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Tom as many times as I've checked out different websites and links you would think I would have run into that Olde Towne website a long time ago. But that's the first I've heard of it.
It might be pretty recent. It looks to me like a well established retail store that might have only recently hired someone to build a good website.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:50 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
TomAiello wrote:
Tom as many times as I've checked out different websites and links you would think I would have run into that Olde Towne website a long time ago. But that's the first I've heard of it.
It might be pretty recent. It looks to me like a well established retail store that might have only recently hired someone to build a good website.
That very well could be>> because from what I heard Queen Cutlery who went out of business about 2 years ago or thereabout didn't even have a website for the longest time. I think they were about the last of the commercial knife companies to get one from what I've heard.
We have a couple of really nice businesses here locally where I live that haven't had a website very long at all. There is a store in Higginsville Missouri ( Kleinschmidt's) that has a state wide reputation for boots, work wear, western wear and outdoor wear. They haven't had a website very long from what I'm told. There are probably more companies than you realize that may not feel the need for one. Queen Cutlery was truly a puzzler because they had been a very well respected knife company for a long, long time. However they didn't advertise like many companies do.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Joe, another reason I suggest DLT so strongly is because they offer AFTERPAY!
You make 4 interest free payments- BUT, you get the knife after making the 1st payment!
Its wonderful!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:43 pm
You make 4 interest free payments- BUT, you get the knife after making the 1st payment!
Its wonderful!
That is most interesting. I'll check it out. That's just almost too tempting in a way..
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:48 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Its wonderful!
That is most interesting. I'll check it out. That's just almost too tempting in a way..
It's freaking awesome man.....
Just like the Sportsmansguide 4 Pay Plan
Its makes so many things possible
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:49 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Its wonderful!
The one problem I could develop using that type of a website. And it's a potential bad problem too. Because if the Great Spyder Factory were to put out about 5 to 7 holy Grail type, "Gotta Have" type models I could see myself getting into a 5 digit hole really quickly.

I talked to a friend of mine today about that website you just suggested and he was sort of aware of it. He had heard of it but had not used it yet. But he said that they weren't the only website that did that type of dealing/selling. I would think that they would require some type of collateral>> or else you could get half the people on this forum and bladeforums both getting into a dark hole of debt. But it is interesting and I will take a closer look at it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:51 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:49 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Its wonderful!
The one problem I could develop using that type of a website. And it's a potential bad problem too. Because if the Great Spyder Factory were to put out about 5 to 7 holy Grail type, "Gotta Have" type models I could see myself getting into a 5 digit hole really quickly.

I talked to a friend of mine today about that website you just suggested and he was sort of aware of it. He had heard of it but had not used it yet. But he said that they weren't the only website that did that type of dealing/selling. I would think that they would require some type of collateral>> or else you could get half the people on this forum and bladeforums both getting into a dark hole of debt. But it is interesting and I will take a closer look at it.
They've never asked me for collateral Joe. Nor has the Sportsmansguide.
Its a good thing.
Now, I'm not sure if ya can put more than 1 item at a time on the 4 pay plan or not. I always just do 1 knife and then pay it off.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:50 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
TomAiello wrote:
I first discovered Olde Towne Cutlery in November of 2019. The site popped up when I was searching for dealers of Novinc Knives.

The owner was gracious enough to accommodate my request for international shipping for my purchase.