Apparently - Cold Steel Has Been Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ankerson

Re: Apparently - Cold Steel Has Been Bought

Post by Ankerson »

James Y wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:44 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:46 pm
cabfrank wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:40 pm
You're probably right. It is very rare for companies that are being sold, or closing, to give much notice to their employees. I don't like it, but I know that's how it usually works.

Yeah, the Corp world is very cold and all about making MONEY and the bottom line period.

People and or feelings etc. just don't factor into it.

MONEY, profit, and the bottom line and that is it. That is the sole purpose of the Corporations.

Sure some of the lower level management likely cares about their people, but once you get into Corporate Management level that all stops. They just don't care about anything other than money in THEIR pockets and looking good to the stockholders etc. It's all very cold and calculating and all about numbers.

Lynn and Andrew are around for now really because Lynn is brand recognition and Andrew is the designer.

I would not be surprised if they too are cut in the not to long future once things are rolling along. If and when the Corporation finds they don't need them anymore they will be gone too.

I heard that people in top corporate positions are usually those with sociopathic tendencies, so they can do things without any hesitation or regret...aggressive acquisitions, mass layoffs, etc. The bottom line is the only thing that matters in life. Compassion for others doesn’t exist. Those are considered valued traits. Of course, they don’t call those tendencies sociopathic, but that’s what they are.

This is not being overly-dramatic.

A few months ago, our family finished dealing with a predatory equity company that had put a lien on my late mom’s property. They tried their hardest to screw us over. Dealt with them for months. Fortunately, we’re done dealing with them; the lien is off, and they are out of our lives forever. I won’t go further into it. But these corporate-type people are predatory; make no mistake about it. We had to deal with them and treat them like predatory people, not like good-hearted human beings, because they’re not. No matter how ‘polite’ they may initially come across over the phone. The only difference between them and sociopathic criminals is they wear suits and use false claims, lawyers and legalese as their weapons.

Many people cannot comprehend that some people have those sociopathic tendencies, and expect that everyone should think and feel like most “normal” people. That would be like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. That’s how they’re wired; they cannot change, and they’ll never be any different. In my lifetime, I’ve known a few ‘sociopathic/anti-social disorder’ types. So those types neither surprise nor baffle me. I’m not a shrink; I don’t have to be. I simply know many of these things from personal experience and observation. Luckily, I’ve always had good intuition about people when I meet them, so I’ve never been taken in by those types. But I’ve known people who have.

My only hope for those types is that their karma is a (bleep).

Jim

The problem is they don't as in almost never.

Something happens and they have their Golden Parachutes and before long some other Corporation hires them to do the exact same things and with another Golden Parachute.

We have seen this over and over and over and over again.

Like you posted those traits are valued by the Corporate World.

They are EVIL, there really is no other word that fits.

If you ever get a chance read:

People Of The Lie By DR. Scott Peck MD.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Towards the end of 2020 Cold Steel founder and CEO Lynn C. Thompson announced the sale of the company to GSM Outdoors. When we spoke with GSM in December, they told us that both Thompson and Demko would remain aboard; but Demko says that multiple considerations ultimately led him to leave the company. “At this time I am not working with Cold Steel, but wish them the very best success.

https://knifenews.com/andrew-demko-rele ... own-label/
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Intriguing. Not sure about the Shark Lock but trying to stay open-minded. I'm also curious what else is coming.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

It was a good time for Demko to move on and expand his own company. I'll give one his Shark Lock models a try.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i still want an espada xl. i suppose i should snag one before they disappear forever. i bought the 4max scout first because it was cheaper, more practical, and an exclusive, but i need that 7 1/2" blade in my life because i'm a ridiculous person.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C