What's your super power?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Donut

What's your super power?

Post by Donut »

I used to work with a guy who, when you'd ask him a question and it didn't take any special skill to find the answer, he would say something like "Reading is my super power." He would read to help you find the answer to your own question.

1. Maybe my super power is searching for a solution to a problem, as long as it takes, to find an answer.

2. Around this forum, a lot of the time my super power is bringing a thread back to the original question. Offering some (usually historic) context to give people the ability to answer questions.

3. My mind works really strange and it will not let go of certain things I hear or see. This helps me with #2.

So, what is your super power? What skill do you have, what do you do that sets you apart from everyone else, or what is notable/unique about you?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
VooDooChild

Re: What's your super power?

Post by VooDooChild »

My super power is being humble. I am so humble it is unbelievable. I dont even have to try at it. I am probably one of the most humble people in the world.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
James Y

Post by James Y »

Patience.

Jim
remnar

Post by remnar »

VooDooChild wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 pm
My super power is being humble. I am so humble it is unbelievable. I dont even have to try at it. I am probably one of the most humble people in the world.
https://youtu.be/L188m3d5i_8

:D
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I am a genius AND a complete moron at the same time.

For example: when I was a youngster, I would go through the school year with a ZERO grade(never did any assignments, homework or studied). Yet, my average score on the final exams was always around a 97...

The best one was when my wife(girlfriend at the time) turned me on to an alternate class where everything was done on computers. The courses consisted of a pre test, book learning and then the final test.

If on the pre test, you score an 85 or higher, you pass and get full credits. SHOOT, I can get an 85 or higher on any test you give me, any day, with no preparation.

I finished two years worth of english before lunch on the same day I was put in there. I graduated high school less than a month after getting in the class.

I did so well, they shut the class down at the end of that year. Not kidding in the slightest, I broke the system. They couldn't have kids actually succeeding!

My sister-in-law was pissed because of that, haha. "Why couldn't you just sandbag it, like the rest of us?"
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

https://youtu.be/GDHQk88dihQ

Not very useful, but seriously, there's a lot to be said for common sense.

When asked what dowry she was giving her bridegroom, a poor Spartan girl said: "My father's common sense."
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

VooDooChild wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 pm

https://youtu.be/tIpbYyR0OOI
--Jeremy
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Photographic memory.

As a kid, I used to have Nascar matchbox cars and have "races" around the living room with 30-40 of them at a time. My parents used to think it was fun or funny to try and mix up a couple of the cars. They were always mind blown when they would move a car from say 11th place to 25th or something like that, and I would catch it...every time.

One time in middle school in Spanish class my teacher had everyone go through the class of 20 or so students and say their "spanish" name. I was the second kid to do the list, but didn't have to turn around and see who was seated where. I already knew and just rambled off everyones names correctly. That was the first time I felt kind of funny about it, because all my classmates and teacher were kind of in awe.

Being a big sports fan, I also used to have player stats memorized on the back of NBA cards specifically. My parents would ask me what so and so averaged for points per game. I could guess just about all of them correctly, or within a few tenths of the point.

Stinks that growing up I never found a job or calling to utilize those kind of "skills" Reading the playbook for football was pretty easy for me as well, but only being 5-10 175lbs in college...my physical traits weren't there! Hahah.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Don´t know... perhaps, that I seem to get always calm, controlled and very rational in dangerous situations.
If a storm brews or there is an accident in the mountains I am normally the one who can still make rational decisions, calculate risks and what to do and calm others down.

It is just a gift I am glad I got.
And it does not mean at all that I am the coolest guy in the world... after a dangerous situation is successfully mastered, I often have to sit down just to digest it and am pretty worthless for some minutes... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I dabble in the realm of mediocrity, but I'm not very good at it.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My super power is making things disappear, especially whiskey and lasagna.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I'm good at a few things, but not enough to call it a superpower. :rolleyes:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Super fast metabolism
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

My students have actually said that I have a superpower that allows me to give them superpowers like reading really fast with perfect comprehension.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I can't give up even when I know I'm failing. It's either a super power or a curse.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

My superpower? Ummmm,

I can pretty much always tell when someone is going to attack me. :)

Oh yeah. I talk to animals. They don't understand me but I'm working on it. Maybe a few more years if they don't lock me up first.

:o