Virtual Memorial for Michael Douglas Scott

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bloke

Re: Virtual Memorial for Michael Douglas Scott

Post by Bloke »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:46 am
Alex: the meeting link isn’t there, just the sign up link.
Chris
Hi Chris,

I’ll get back to Mrs Scott and see how we go. I’m just hopeless at this computer stuff.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Hmmmm.. Created account just now (I had lost track of mine) so I'm late to the event, apologies to family / friends, and I am challenged somewhat alike brother Alex / Bloke ---

---Then got stumped trying to join meeting... came back as 'invalid' ...I know it's likely that I did something wrong.

So I'll just say hello to all other participants, especially family members -- I know it was a special event, sorry to have missed it. :o

Alex, and other forumites... Any help would be appreciated as I know I'll be using ZOOM for future collaborations.

BLESSINGS -- Bruce Gibson ;)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Next month if the Good Lord allows I'll turn 67. And I'm to the point to where I consider everyday I wake up to be a gift from above. I've had so many friends and family die in the past 10 years that I've been doing some serious reflecting lately. Michael was an interesting guy to chat with. I learned a lot from many of the points he brought up over the years.

Had he lived close to me I would have certainly went to his memorial service. Well he's more than likely looking down on all of us right now smiling. He'll be missed for sure.
jdw

Post by jdw »

A fun and kind member of the community is gone. My condolences to his friends and family. May he rest well.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Just got an update from the Scott Family.

Dear Family and Friends,

This is an update about our Memorial for Michael Scott this Sunday, November 29th at 2 PM. Attached are 1) detailed instructions for Zoom for those who have technical difficulties that might prevent joining and 2) a brief program. We hope to “see” you on Sunday afternoon. As Michael would want, this is a “come as you are” event, wear your pj’s if you want.

Join by url: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/6955857631?p ... ZkaDk2UT09

Or enter this information into the Zoom application:
Meeting ID: 695 585 7631
Password: 8491942

To join by phone only:
iPhone one-tap +16507249799,,6955857631#
Telephone:
1 833 302 1536 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 695 585 7631
Password: 8491942

Love,
Barbara, Kayla, and Travis Scott
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Take care, friend
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

My goodness, I just saw Michael’s passing mentioned in the main forum. I did not hear about it until now since I rarely peruse the off-topic section.

Michael was a wonderful contributor to this forum and had a huge heart. He was always ready to share his experiences (which clearly were many) and he, like every great student of life, always appreciated learning new things, especially related to his favorite knife company. I was wondering why we had no heard from him in weeks...

My condolences to his family and his friends both at home and here on the forum, he will be missed.

P.S. I have noticed it has been a very long time since we heard from Roman as well (bh49), anyone know why?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SG89

Post by SG89 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:55 am
My goodness, I just saw Michael’s passing mentioned in the main forum. I did not hear about it until now since I rarely peruse the off-topic section.

Michael was a wonderful contributor to this forum and had a huge heart. He was always ready to share his experiences (which clearly were many) and he, like every great student of life, always appreciated learning new things, especially related to his favorite knife company. I was wondering why we had no heard from him in weeks...

My condolences to his family and his friends both at home and here on the forum, he will be missed.

P.S. I have noticed it has been a very long time since we heard from Roman as well (bh49), anyone know why?
I haven't seen bh49 on here or BF in awhile...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I just now learned of Michael's passing. What a loss, my condolences. He will be missed for sure.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Having been in self-exile since September, I missed Alex’s alert about Michael’s passing.

I just want to acknowledge it here with my condolences to all who loved and liked him.

I shall remember Michael as not only a thoughtful man, but also a mindful one; indeed, a person to be missed.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

wrdwrght wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:15 pm
Having been in self-exile since September, I missed Alex’s alert about Michael’s passing.

I just want to acknowledge it here with my condolences to all who loved and liked him.

I shall remember Michael as not only a thoughtful man, but also a mindful one; indeed, a person to be missed.
Good to see you again as well! You not being around lately crossed my mind a couple times.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:27 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Good to see you again as well! You not being around lately crossed my mind a couple times.
Likewise. In any other year saying “glad to hear you’re still with us!” would be a tad melodramatic...