HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMC

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SkullBouncer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMC

Post by SkullBouncer »

Established in 1775 -- Once A Marine, Always A Marine. :cool: :cool:
(But The Dep't of Navy Still Writes the Paychecks! :p )

Semper Fi, Devil Dogs / Bruce G. :D :D
TomAiello

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMC

Post by TomAiello »

On the topic of things that absolutely, positively won't quit...In one of those weird historical ironies, the USMC shares it's birthday with Comrade Mikhail Timofeyovich, so happy birthday to him as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Kalashnikov
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS, IS, OR WILL EVER SERVE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY US MARINES!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Interesting piece of an article I found about Kalashnikov visiting the USA as a guest of the Smithsonian, and his visit to a USMC base.

https://erenow.net/ww/ak-47-weapon-chan ... -war/7.php

A high point of Kalashnikov’s visit was a trip to the Marine Corps base in Quantico, about thirty-five miles south of Washington, D.C. The base is widely known in military circles as the place where amphibious warfare techniques were conceived and tested, as well as the tactics of close air support using helicopters. The base is also home to the real-life FBI’s Behavioral Sciences Unit, famous for its profiling of serial killers, which most people know through fictional characters such as Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs.

The openness of the military base surprised Kalashnikov, especially when he was allowed to watch marine training in action. He also witnessed new firearms testing and was fascinated at how computers processed firing data in real time, allowing on-the-spot correction of production defects and other changes. “It’s very impressive here… the shooting ranges and the workshops,” said Kalashnikov. “I liked the U.S. Marines who I saw for the first time in my life… a year and half ago this would have been impossible just to imagine that.”

Kalashnikov received unexpected praise from Major General Matthew P. Caulfield, who was then deputy commander for training and education and the director of the Marine Air-Ground Training and Education Center. Caulfield remarked to the inventor, “I must admit that I personally would prefer to fire your gun in combat, Mr. Kalashnikov.” This candid comment came from a professional soldier who, as a captain, had commanded a company in Vietnam and participated in the siege at Khe Sanh, a turning point in the Vietnam War. Caulfield’s experience at Khe Sanh surely colored his remarks to Kalashnikov.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Wishing The United States Marine Corps A Very Happy Birthday!!!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I had several Military people in my family. My Brother served two tours of duty with the US Marine Corps and most all of my uncles on both sides of the family served in WW II, the Korean War and a few of my cousins served in Viet Nam. Needless to say I've got a ton of respect for the US Armed Forces and for all they did for us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMC!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Happy birthday USMC!
My Grandfather was a U.S. Marine. ( my Mothers side)