Switch Gamers

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kerrcobra

Re: Switch Gamers

Post by kerrcobra »

Diablo II: Resurrected comes out on Sept 23rd! I'm stoked for this game!
--Jeremy
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

kerrcobra wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:48 pm
They are killing me with all of these games...

Legend of Mana, Disgaea 6, THPS and Mario Golf are all coming out this month.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
vivi

Post by vivi »

I just beat Tangledeep for the first time. Highly recommend it. The best way to describe it is rogue / nethack style game play with diablo style loot, chrono trigger graphics and audio, and final fantasy tactics job system. It combines features from all these games into an awesome turned based RPG that plays like rogue while feeling less random, in good ways.

Next on my list is Monster Sanctuary. Supposed to be another 16-bit styled 2d game that combines metroidvania exploration with pokemon style battles / monster collection.
kerrcobra wrote:
I'm going to get sucked into that game hard, I know it. I remember being hooked around when LoD came out. Always wanted it on consoles. Hope the controls are viable for fast paced fights in **** with builds that utilize a lot of different skills.
:unicorn
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I played D2 for years. Every day after school, I'd come home and play with my buddies. This will be pure nostalgia for me. I am so excited.
--Jeremy
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

My wife just picked up Mario Bowsers Fury and I've been playing Sniper Elite 4. We had other games like SpongeBob and Crash Bandicoot but traded them in.
vivi

Post by vivi »

kerrcobra wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:14 pm
I played D2 for years. Every day after school, I'd come home and play with my buddies. This will be pure nostalgia for me. I am so excited.
Same. I'd stay up late in the morning playing D2, then sleep during german and study hall. Great life choices :D
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

I just picked up the Bioshock collection for the Switch. I've never played any of them before so hopefully I like it.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Recently, I started watching Dragonball Super, so I started playing Xenoverse 2 as well. Man, such a fun game. As a kid, all I wanted in a video game was to be able to fly around and fight Frieza, Cell, and Majin Buu. Finally have that! Had a buddy over tonight and he was super stoked on it too. I just wish the story was longer. Maybe there's a sequel I can get.

One of the cool things about Switch is the time and energy Nintendo has put into nostalgia games.

Pokémon Snap was recently released, I think it's the first video game my better half will play - she loved that as a kid.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 gets re-released on the 25th, man I spent SO MUCH TIME playing those games as a kid!
I just heard that Advance Wars 1+2 is being re-released in December - my absolute favorite game for GBA.

I'm normally a "wait until it goes on sale" game buyer, but I just might have to dip into the knife budget soon.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

kennethsime wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:41 pm
Recently, I started watching Dragonball Super, so I started playing Xenoverse 2 as well. Man, such a fun game. As a kid, all I wanted in a video game was to be able to fly around and fight Frieza, Cell, and Majin Buu. Finally have that! Had a buddy over tonight and he was super stoked on it too. I just wish the story was longer. Maybe there's a sequel I can get.

One of the cool things about Switch is the time and energy Nintendo has put into nostalgia games.

Pokémon Snap was recently released, I think it's the first video game my better half will play - she loved that as a kid.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 gets re-released on the 25th, man I spent SO MUCH TIME playing those games as a kid!
I just heard that Advance Wars 1+2 is being re-released in December - my absolute favorite game for GBA.

I'm normally a "wait until it goes on sale" game buyer, but I just might have to dip into the knife budget soon.
DBZ Kakarot is also coming to Switch. It has all the sagas in it. Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, Saiyan, etc.

This year is turning into a gaming smorgasbord.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:51 am
DBZ Kakarot is also coming to Switch. It has all the sagas in it. Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, Saiyan, etc.

This year is turning into a gaming smorgasbord.
Oooo, I'm going to have to watch out for that!

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Civ VI. $9.99 If you haven't yet bought it, DO IT NOW!!!
I love this dang game. For the price, you can't turn it down.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HH8ZSMM/re ... S4FZ18P1VV

-Thomas Jefferson
vivi

Post by vivi »

walmart has tony hawk 1&2 for $33.88
vivi

Post by vivi »

Well I just bought something called Fuze for $10 on the eshop. It's game making software that's supposed to be pretty powerful. 2D, 3D, multiplayer, music maker, pixel by pixel tile creation, etc. I'm going to try to learn how to use it over the next few weeks.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

vivi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:26 pm
Well I just bought something called Fuze for $10 on the eshop. It's game making software that's supposed to be pretty powerful. 2D, 3D, multiplayer, music maker, pixel by pixel tile creation, etc. I'm going to try to learn how to use it over the next few weeks.
Never heard of it. But, I do have a copy of RPG Maker MV.

Sounds about the same. Difficult to learn, but fun if you're a masochistic nerd. Haha!

-Thomas Jefferson
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

kerrcobra wrote:
Looking forward for this one, now on a portable :D
Soundtrack by Matt Uelmen was incredible too

https://youtu.be/1h81d_jqcLw
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Anybody playing Diablo 2 Resurrected, I think it's a nice one for a portable, too bad it doesn't have a physical release...

Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be available digitally on November 11 through Nintendo eShop with a physical release for Nintendo Switch on December 7.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/ ... ovember-11

https://youtu.be/D71cBUeAL58
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Gsg9 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:51 am
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be available digitally on November 11 through Nintendo eShop with a physical release for Nintendo Switch on December 7.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/ ... ovember-11

https://youtu.be/D71cBUeAL58
I'd pay $30 for this, but I don't know that I'll pay $60. Having plaid all three of them ad nauseam over the past 20 years, I can't justify a premium price to replay them again.

I'd probably pay $60 for GTA5 on switch though.

Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

kennethsime wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:02 pm
I'd pay $30 for this, but I don't know that I'll pay $60. Having plaid all three of them ad nauseam over the past 20 years, I can't justify a premium price to replay them again.

Yeah, the price is high.
For me the deciding point will be how many games are actually on the card and how many downloadable.

Rockstar keeps milking the cow, GTA5 was released on PS3, PS4 and will be released on PS5 as well.
Don't know if Switch can handle GTA5.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Gsg9 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:54 am
kennethsime wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:02 pm

Yeah, the price is high.
For me the deciding point will be how many games are actually on the card and how many downloadable.

Rockstar keeps milking the cow, GTA5 was released on PS3, PS4 and will be released on PS5 as well.
Don't know if Switch can handle GTA5.
I read the article, looks like they updated the graphics quite a bit. Might be worth re-visiting.

My switch handles Skyrim just fine, and Assassin's Creed just fine, I can't imagine GTA 5 being that much worse.