Switch Gamers

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vivi

Re: Switch Gamers

Post by vivi »

StuntZombie wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 pm
I wish I could get my hands on a BOTW guidebook. I feel like I'm way underprepared for the kinds of enemies I'm facing now.
Same. I haven't played much, but when I do play I try to explore the areas of the map that are still dark. I have four hearts and every enemy I find seems to do 3-4 hearts of damage. Progress has been slow. I've thought about exploring the early areas more but that's no fun :p
:unicorn
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

So, anyone else excited about Pokemon Legends?

Pokemon, done up like BotW. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:58 am
So, anyone else excited about Pokemon Legends?

Pokemon, done up like BotW. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
I love me some Pokemon games. I'll definitely be buying it as soon as it releases. Also, looking forward to the re-release of Diamond/Pearl (or maybe remaster is a better term? Idk I never played the originals.).
--Jeremy
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

The Lynel's especially. I finally got the Guardians down. But, I always feel like I'm using underpowered gear and armor.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
vivi

Post by vivi »

So Diablo 2 remake has me going through my oldest email accounts to retrieve passwords to ancient websites like diabloii.net

When this game launches I'm going to have to remember to post once in a while so you folks don't think I died :p

If I could pick 3 games to remake, this would be on that list......along with Morrowind and either Super Metroid or Metroid Prime 1.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

StuntZombie wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:04 pm
The Lynel's especially. I finally got the Guardians down. But, I always feel like I'm using underpowered gear and armor.
Honestly, gears and armor matter less than your skill for Lynel. It's all about that slow down dodge and keeping upclose. If you upgraded the sheika tablet, you can freeze them for a small window of time. Highly useful.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

StuntZombie wrote:
If you come close to a Lynel you can ride it for a short period of time. While on its back you can deal damage without getting hit.
With a bow you could put an arrow right in its face, that will stun it for a short amount of time, which can help to approach it.
When a Lynel does its "special" attack, where it explodes a big fireball, just run. I have not found another way to doge this move.
Nearly every other move has a point where you can take advantage. If it runs right towards you, use a bow to stun it, in close combat try to ride it.
If you are a little bit of a gambler and get used to the moves of a Lynel, so that you can dodge its moves better, try the barbarian set. Makes you a glass canon. Very squishy but the damage you deal is significantly higher, especially if the set is upgraded.

Don't start with a white or even a silver Lynel. Use your camera module to check what kind of Lynel you have there in advance.
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

Did somebody say D2? That is truly the last game I played religiously and loved. I remember I spent a lot of time on both open and closed battle net at first but then I started hacking my character and gear on open battle net. My Barbarian and Necromancer literally became immortal. I couldn't be killed by any of the bosses or elites in any number or difficulty. I could one shot everything except other plays on the same level. Other players couldn't kill me either so after awhile I went back to closed battle net since it became boring to win all the time.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Mario tennis.

June 21st marks the return of mario golf. :D
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Chapp wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:39 am
StuntZombie wrote:
Honestly, gears and armor matter less than your skill for Lynel. It's all about that slow down dodge and keeping upclose. If you upgraded the sheika tablet, you can freeze them for a small window of time. Highly useful.
I think I need to go back to the earlier areas, because I feel like there's a bunch of stuff I missed. Like that cold weather parka from the old king. I never could find the recipe he wanted, and I finished that quest before I got the parka from him.

And as far as I know, I definitely don't have my Sheika tablet upgraded, because I don't have the ability to freeze enemies right now.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
vivi

Post by vivi »

StuntZombie wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:51 pm
Chapp wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:
I think I need to go back to the earlier areas, because I feel like there's a bunch of stuff I missed. Like that cold weather parka from the old king. I never could find the recipe he wanted, and I finished that quest before I got the parka from him.

And as far as I know, I definitely don't have my Sheika tablet upgraded, because I don't have the ability to freeze enemies right now.
I need to do that too. As soon as I got the paraglider I took off in random directions. First thing I did was go chase a giant flying dragon across a large bridge then proceeded to die to lizards and a floating wizard while trying to ascend the nearby tower.

Its a habit of mine in open world games to ignore the main plot and explore at random. Pays off in some games, like Elder Scrolls and No Mans Sky, but not so much in other games, like Witcher 3.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

StuntZombie wrote:
Chapp wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:

Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff you can miss.

IIRC, the recipe is an easy one, but if you progressed in the game a little and can't find the old.guy anymore, there's the parka in his wooden house.

For the tablet, you can upgrade it at the lab with the childish researcher, speak with her, she'll tell you.

What an amazing game for real. One of the best of those last years with Sekiro.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

There is also one that I bought on the Switch, that the interface wasn't ideal. However, I purchased Baldur's Gate on my wife's tablet and that game is perfect for that setup.

Really great to get back in and play it. It was a favorite when I was younger.

Makes me want to check out Warcraft on it.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:55 pm
There is also one that I bought on the Switch, that the interface wasn't ideal. However, I purchased Baldur's Gate on my wife's tablet and that game is perfect for that setup.

Really great to get back in and play it. It was a favorite when I was younger.

Makes me want to check out Warcraft on it.
Oh man! That reminds me...BG2: Shadows of Amn and the expansion Throne of Bhaal are two of my other all time favorites.
--Jeremy
vivi

Post by vivi »

Chapp wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm
StuntZombie wrote:
Chapp wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:

IIRC, the recipe is an easy one, but if you progressed in the game a little and can't find the old.guy anymore, there's the parka in his wooden house.

For the tablet, you can upgrade it at the lab with the childish researcher, speak with her, she'll tell you.

Speaking of From Software, did anyone catch the leaked Elden Ring trailer? Looking a lot like a more open world Dark Souls with horses.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

vivi wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:41 pm
Chapp wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm
StuntZombie wrote:
Chapp wrote:

Speaking of From Software, did anyone catch the leaked Elden Ring trailer? Looking a lot like a more open world Dark Souls with horses.
Yeah, magic seems to be less janky too. Can't wait, but that's a bit out of thread ahah. Maybe we should create a From Software thread.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Risk of Rain 2 is on sale for $10 right now. I bought it even though I have the cartridge. Gonna lend out my physical copy to friends and try to get them hooked too.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I have been stuck on Civilization 6. It is a fantastic game and physical copies are $12.99 at Amazon.

That is a ridiculous amount of entertainment, for the price.

http://amzn.to/2PQebWK

-Thomas Jefferson
vivi

Post by vivi »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:33 pm
I have been stuck on Civilization 6. It is a fantastic game and physical copies are $12.99 at Amazon.

I'll order a copy. Always heard good things about the series but never tried it. I need more turn based games.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

vivi wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:45 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:33 pm

I'll order a copy. Always heard good things about the series but never tried it. I need more turn based games.
If I may give one piece of advise. Watch a video guide on youtube, when you start playing(or before). It will help you make sense of the fairly complicated mechanics.

-Thomas Jefferson