My New Book is out

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: My New Book is out

Post by Doc Dan »

Thanks WT!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
James Y

Post by James Y »

Doc,

I’ve been a bit distracted with other things these past few days, but I’ve gotten back into it, and it’s still very good! I have slowed down, though, as I’m trying to take a little more time to digest it, instead of zipping through it this first time.

Jim
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Let me know how you like it when you finish. It is not a long book. People often are busy, nowadays. Perhaps I should have combined both into one book as that would have made one standard novel. But I am still learning.

I am working on the Prequel now.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
James Y

Post by James Y »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:59 am
Let me know how you like it when you finish. It is not a long book. People often are busy, nowadays. Perhaps I should have combined both into one book as that would have made one standard novel. But I am still learning.

I am working on the Prequel now.

I definitely will, Doc. And I’ll post an Amazon review when I’ve finished it as well. I’ve certainly been enjoying it so far.

Jim
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I am working on the prequel. It is harder this time around, for some reason. I have the basic background, but telling it is harder. I do not know why.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 pm
I am working on the prequel. It is harder this time around, for some reason. I have the basic background, but telling it is harder. I do not know why.
Well, take your time, Doc. It'll be worth it.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 pm
One reason is that there is already a world within which the characters are constrained. And the storyline must move toward a target that has already been defined. Good luck with that.

When I wrote my little Planet of Shadow fantasy, it was a series of emails to my paramour. I began sending them before I knew how the story would progress or end. With an audience of one, it was not all that critical, but it made it a challenge.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

If you guys like the books, please give me a good review on Amazon.

I am still learning. It is hard work crafting a story and takes hours a day. One of the more difficult things, for me, at least, is to come up with visually stimulating ways of saying things so people can see it in their minds.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
James Y

Post by James Y »

Finished the book last night and just posted my review on Amazon (though I don’t think they’ve put it up yet). Edge-of-your-seat action and some really unique concepts. Great job, Doc! I’ve got Planet of Fear now, too, so I’ll be starting on that one soon.

Jim
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

James Y wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:58 am
Finished the book last night and just posted my review on Amazon (though I don’t think they’ve put it up yet). Edge-of-your-seat action and some really unique concepts. Great job, Doc! I’ve got Planet of Fear now, too, so I’ll be starting on that one soon.

Jim
I am working on the prequel now so we know how Bullock became Bull, how his life intertwined with General Benggston and Col. Maroni, even how his wife died. It covers how he got into the Special Forces and why, as well.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050