Work Clothing & Heavy Duty Boots For Guys

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Work Clothing & Heavy Duty Boots For Guys

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm sure that there are a lot of you guys here that do construction type work and many of you also work outdoors. And I'm here to tell you that the proper clothing does make a huge difference in your comfort and endurance through a typical work day. I've been an avid Carhartt fan most of my adult life and have a few other brands of work clothes I like as well.

A couple of years ago a good friend of mine turned me onto some European work clothes made by a Company known as "Blakladder". They sell Blakladder clothes where I buy most of my Carhartt stuff. I've been extremely impressed with the Blakladder line of work clothing. Not only is it extremely durable it's also very comfortable even in harsh weather as well. Another new brand of work clothes I've tried in the past two years are the USA made "Round House" brand. I've been really impressed with their clothing items as well.

Also a guy who works hard and plays hard needs a good set of work and/or outdoor boots as well. The same friend of mine has also been preaching to me about the great quality of "Danner" boots. I've had great luck with "Redwing" boots in the past but I think I'm going to eat hot dogs for a month and get me some new, high dollar Danner boots. I've just heard nothing but good testimonies about them and they sure look like they are well made.

So let's talk about guy's Work Clothing and Outdoor Boots. Or if you have any items relating to outdoor or work clothing we can talk about that too. I even like to wear quality work wear for everyday use as well. Nothing beats quality especially in clothing and for sure with pocket knives too :D
Naperville

Re: Work Clothing & Heavy Duty Boots For Guys

Post by Naperville »

Concealed carry: Berne Concealed Carry Workwear

Leisure wet/cold: Filson

Leisure wet: Gil

Work: Carhartt
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:28 pm
Concealed carry: Berne Concealed Carry Workwear

Leisure wet/cold: Filson

Leisure wet: Gil

Work: Carhartt
Filson is a well hidden secret. A lot of their stuff is USA made and great quality too. I wish I had more of their items. I've been looking at a couple of items on their website lately. The Filson website is a great website for those who like or prefer to buy their stuff online to avoid the insanity of the shopping malls. They have a very wide range of good quality items>> especially outdoor hunting and fishing clothing and gear.

I've heard of "Gil" but have not yet tried anything of theirs. Carhartt has been taking a lot of space in my closets for at least the past 40 years or so. I'm sad that a lot of their items have gone overseas but their Hoodies are still the best you can get>> at least that I'm aware of.

But I'll repeat that Blakladder has great quality. Sometimes finding a retailer that carries their stuff is difficult. We have two stores here in KC that carry their work wear and winter wear.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Where I live Engelbert Strauss is a common brand - https://www.engelbert-strauss.at/#!start/es-motionten
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Peter1960 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:46 am
Where I live Engelbert Strauss is a common brand - https://www.engelbert-strauss.at/#!start/es-motionten
Well I'm kind of ashamed to say that I can't read German :o But I will say that "Engelbert-Strauss truly does have some nice looking apparel. As high quality as it looks I'm willing to bet that it's really durable.

Hey Peter have you ever heard of that "Blaklader" line of work clothes? I've heard that some of their stuff is made in Germany close to your neck of the woods. However I believe their home base is in Sweden. That one work vest of theirs I have is unbelievably durable.

I will check out this Engelbert-Stauss line of clothes. I'm hoping that someone in the USA sells them.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

I'm sorry for the "german" link, here it is again in english - https://www.engelbert-strauss.de/en#!start/es-vintage

Joe, I never heard from Blakläder, but I don't know everything either ...
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Peter1960 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:20 am
I'm sorry for the "german" link, here it is again in english - https://www.engelbert-strauss.de/en#!start/es-vintage

Joe, I never heard from Blakläder, but I don't know everything either ...
Hey thanks for the link Peter :) The Blaklader line of work clothes are made by a Swedish company. Now they outsource some of their stuff to Sri Lanka and other countries just like most others do. But the clothes made by Blaklader that I own have been virtually indestructible. I've got a vest of theirs I've had and worked in since 2014 and it still looks practically new.

I will most definitely check out this company "Engelbert & Strauss". I'm sure the city I live in most likely has a dealer for them somewhere here in town. The stuff I seen of theirs on their website looked great.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I like C.C. Filson jackets (Tin Cloth Cruiser), coats (Mackinaw Wool Cruiser), and vests (Cruiser Vest) for for both work and leisure wear when outdoors.

For boots, I like Red Wing lace-up work boots.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!