Help Needed

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sumdumguy

Help Needed

Post by Sumdumguy »

First, let me appologize for the intrusion. If this isn't allowed, I understand.

Today, I learned that a very old friend of mine lost both his grandmother and home to a fire on 09/20/2020.

To make matters worse, it seems they had no insurance on the home and are facing some very serious challenges ahead.

I would never think of asking anyone for assistance, unless it was absolutely necessary. In this case, I believe it is. There's only so much assistance I can provide, myself. If anyone here is able to help them out, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://gf.me/u/yz9sj3

Anything helps, even if it's just your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
M Sea

Re: Help Needed

Post by M Sea »

I have no idea about the legalities/policies etc., but I have a brand new YoJimbo and Resilience that I would donate to some kind of an auction here to help these folks if thats allowed? Both knives brand new, never used.

My parents lost everything in a house fire years ago and it was gut wrenching to see them start over. God Bless those folks. Prayers headed their way.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Thank you very much. Anything raised will surely be appreciated.

I've been fortunate enough to never have to go through anything like this. But, I know it won't be easy.

There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel, though.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I'd certainly donate (and actually just tried) but it seems one needs a credit card in order to do so (I don't have one)... no PayPal..?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I found that weird too, as it was the method I was going to use. Thanks for the thought, regardless.

-Thomas Jefferson
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

So sorry to hear such terrible news! My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
Glad to help out SDG, just donated.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 pm
I found that weird too, as it was the method I was going to use. Thanks for the thought, regardless.
I contacted the organizer of the funding and asked if she could add a paypal option.

Hope she can, since I´d be glad to help. Really sorry to hear what happened to your friend.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Yes, I've known families that have lost everything to a house fire. God bless them and you for thinking of them.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

bearrowland wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:03 am
Yes, I've known families that have lost everything to a house fire. God bless them and you for thinking of them.
It's hard to think about, but it happens. Thank you for your thoughts aswell.

Also, thank you everyone here for your kindness.

It really means a lot to me, to be able to help others and without that kindness, I might not have thought about some of the other options I had available.
(I don't frequent very many places)

This town has some big industries, in which I have some very old connections. Using these connections, I was able to drum up some extra(hopefully substantial) support for them. I don't know any details yet, I just explained the situation, got the nod and put them together. Hopefully, this will help them get back a little bit of normalcy. As much as can be had, given these tragic events.

Again, I can't thank you guys enough.

-Thomas Jefferson