Stop throwing away Amazon boxes!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ldg

Stop throwing away Amazon boxes!

Post by Ldg »

Don’t these Amazon boxes make great paper plates?
Don’t these Amazon boxes make great paper plates?
C3DA9D68-8BEC-4162-8253-4CA016277710.jpeg
vivi

Re: Stop throwing away Amazon boxes!

Post by vivi »

Back in my college days the USPS still offered free priority boxes by the hundred. You could enter you address and within a week you'd have 100 USPS priority mail boxes. Somewhere on some old IDE HDD's from a few decades ago I have pictures of couches, patio furniture etc. fashioned from boxes. :D Simpler times.
:unicorn
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

vivi wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm
Back in my college days the USPS still offered free priority boxes by the hundred. You could enter you address and within a week you'd have 100 USPS priority mail boxes. Somewhere on some old IDE HDD's from a few decades ago I have pictures of couches, patio furniture etc. fashioned from boxes. :D Simpler times.
Hope to see a few of those posted here one of these days
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I will admit, there are things I have a very difficult time throwing out, but Amazon boxes have never been one of them. :p They generally get broken down the day they arrive, stacked on a shelf in the garage till I have enough to bundle, then tossed in the trash can. Herb-Ox jars, Altoid tins, and the plastic containers some cold cuts come in are an entirely different story. :( Tossing any of those borders on the traumatic. :o
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Deacon wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:09 am
I will admit, there are things I have a very difficult time throwing out, but Amazon boxes have never been one of them. :p They generally get broken down the day they arrive, stacked on a shelf in the garage till I have enough to bundle, then tossed in the trash can. Herb-Ox jars, Altoid tins, and the plastic containers some cold cuts come in are an entirely different story. :( Tossing any of those borders on the traumatic. :o
Hoarders Anonymous welcomes you Deacon. I too struggle with throwing things out that could have another purpose. Luckily for me, I live with a woman who purges unnecessary items monthly.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

You can still get USPS priority mail boxes for free. We use them for work, so we get stacks of a couple hundred at a time.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Ldg wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:08 pm
096A3A5E-E63A-4A33-B2F2-D52EEE0AFD82.jpeg
Indeed, your environmentally conscious solution is both elegant and chic. Alas, I cannot do this. The Amazon logo clashes with my dining room curtains.

You could take this one step further. Eliminate the plates, and just serve the food right on top of the Amazon box. Serve breakfast on the box, then turn it over and use it again for dinner! Double your savings, which can then be used to buy more knives!
Ldg

Post by Ldg »

That Wouldn’t work
Ldg

Post by Ldg »

CD00D797-4FDD-403C-80B4-BBBA557E2C74.jpeg
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

:D No judgement brother, I love it. This from the guy who uses a 5 gallon bucket for an end table. Ha, bachelor life!!
D945331F-DDA5-4746-A07E-252E479B9859.jpeg
Ldg

Post by Ldg »

**** yeah man flip it over And you got a toilet too!
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

vivi wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm
One day I learned I could get free shipping boxes delivered by USPS, so I placed an order for some. Apparently I accidentally added a "0" to my order, and they received 100 packages of boxes, rather than the 10 I wanted. They were not happy.

I think I ended up just letting them keep the rest at the post office, since I didn't have much need for 1,000 small priority boxes.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Nate

Post by Nate »

We get too many to use them all, but I do “chip” a lot of cardboard up by hand to use as a carbon amendment to our compost. Usually keep a 5 gallon bucket’s worth on hand. It’s also an excuse to do a lot of informal comparisons between all the different blades I have around here.
:spyder: