This just .... - bow breakdown

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Pancake

This just .... - bow breakdown

Post by Pancake »

Today I discovered small crack on my top limb on my compound bow. :mad: :mad: :mad:
This just sucks!
Not sure if customer service could help me, this model is long out of production. So.... yeah, I guess I am going to be buying a new one, maybe in spring next year, not sure. So long for a two Spydercos next year, this will be max one new knife.
It just blows, this bow was so good shooting, and from this company, they don't have similar model in production. New models are coming soon, so maybe I could pick a model that will suit me.
BTW, it is a Bear Anarchy HC, so if anyone have a spare set of 60 lbs limbs, send me a message :D but that is as possible as finding new in the box Spyderco fluted Military for 100 € :D
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
kiwisailor

Re: This just .... - bow breakdown

Post by kiwisailor »

Hi, if you contact Bear, they may be able to suggest different model limbs for replacement.
Some of the Archery forums may have advice.

You may have to adjust the nock guide, but that is not hard.
Obviously Bow vice/rigger will be required, but most Archery shops have a Tech. in store if you don't have one yourself (most people don't)

Do not see a reason that you have to buy a new bow...
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I have send them an email, but I have a very little hope. Other then new set of limbs, there is no other solution to this.
What makes a whole situation a but worse is that I live in Europe, and in my country there is no such thing as a ,,archery pro shop,,. I had to learn to do everything on my bow on my own, so I have a bow press (EZ green) and various tools.
...I guess I'll see what they reply
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

You can probably find that bow preowned in the classifieds or on eBay.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 pm
Not going to buy anything from USA due to taxes, not worth it. Have not looked in Europe sites, that could be an option.
Like, now I have a legit excuse to buy a new bow, but....it's a lot of money.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Pancake wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 pm
Not going to buy anything from USA due to taxes, not worth it. Have not looked in Europe sites, that could be an option.
Like, now I have a legit excuse to buy a new bow, but....it's a lot of money.
Your Bear bow is under warranty. They will fix it for you. It has a life time warranty. I think I remember that the limbs get covered at 50% or something after a few years, but otherwise it is life time.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:21 am

Your Bear bow is under warranty. They will fix it for you. It has a life time warranty. I think I remember that the limbs get covered at 50% or something after a few years, but otherwise it is life time.
Hey Doc
I have send them an email, but so far nothing, I guess I just wait and maybe repeat it once more.
Bear CS has been helpful in the past, so I hope this situation could be remedied somehow. And if not....then maybe I try a Hoyt or Bowtech :D
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Pancake wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:21 am

Hey Doc
I have send them an email, but so far nothing, I guess I just wait and maybe repeat it once more.
Bear CS has been helpful in the past, so I hope this situation could be remedied somehow. And if not....then maybe I try a Hoyt or Bowtech :D
I used to use a PSA compound, but my recurve was a Bear.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I use an early 70's Bear Kodiak Magnum. I had a High Country compound that had the nasty habit of eating cables due to a flaw in the pulley design. Unlike Bear, they were of no use whatsoever. They're now in the dust bin of archery history. Bear's a good company. They'll stand behind their products.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

So far no luck. I have send them another mail.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

CS told me that they cannot send me or sell me limbs :mad: oh well. I contacted one big archery retailer, but I am not going to hunt new limbs on secondary market. Oh well, so new bow is most probably the solution.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

That sucks.

With flagship bows costing what they do now you should expect many years out of them. My bow is about five years old now but it was Bowtech’s best bow back then and I expect to get quite a few more out of it from a bow that costs that much.

What bow do you think you will pick up next? Is this just for target shooting or will it also be used for hunting? They sure are fast these days! My setup slings a 390 grain arrow at about 305fps! :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Hey Darby
I guess I wait until next year, most manufacturers are dropping new models around November, so I'll wait and then throw my hard earned money away :D
Next bow will be Bowtech or Hoyt. Bear is not completely out of question, but it I don't like that they don't have any flagship models with long draw (I have 31 inch draw length).
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like speed and wish I had a 31” draw. I shoot a 28” myself. I shot a 29” for quite a while but I am a bit more accurate with a 28”.

I shoot a Bowtech RPM 360 so it is a laser beam either way. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Sorry to hear about the outcome with your bow, Pancake. That's no fun at all. But on the bright side, it sounds like you are in the market for a new bow. :) I was very impressed with Hoyt. In fact, it was nearly a dead tie between the Hoyt Axius Ultra and the Mathews ZXR.

Darby,
305 fps is nuts! I've heard that Bowtech makes some wicked-fast bows.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal