Where is Blerv?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Where is Blerv?

Post by Doc Dan »

Blerv has been a member here for 11 or 12 years and about 3 years ago disappeared. Does anyone know anything about him?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Re: Where is Blerv?

Post by MacLaren »

Thats a good question Doc.
I also wander what happened to FarNorthDan...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I could add about 12 other names to that list as well immediately. But I sort of understand because I've had probably 3 sabbatical type layoffs since I joined in 2004.
I've also been wondering where Spydutch, Dr. Hannibal Lector M.D., Simona, Daywalker and about 6 others I could name as to what happened to them and why they don't come back :confused: . And these guys and girls were stalwarts of the Forum too.
Life is a strange journey and takes you down a lot of very uncertain roads. I'm hoping to see BLERV back at some point. But I'm also hoping to see maybe 20 others back as well.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am
You could also add "jackknifeh" to that mysterious list as well. I had a lot of nice knife chats with him.

And I'm just going nuts trying to figure out what happened to my good Brother "Tvenuto" who was a great contributor and then one day just fell off the radar screen :confused:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am
You could also add "jackknifeh" to that mysterious list as well. I had a lot of nice knife chats with him.

And I'm just going nuts trying to figure out what happened to my good Brother "Tvenuto" who was a great contributor and then one day just fell off the radar screen :confused:
Yup. Tvenuto and Jacknifeh.....
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Jacknife i haven't spoken to since my hiatus, Blerv I have spoken to a time or two regarding flashlights but I too have missed their presence here. Not to mention those long gone
DeathBySnooSnoo (I still talk to via text but miss his input here)
Marcus
Clip
MadRookie
Bh49 (Roman)
Chuck_roxas
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I believe Blerv is alive and well, based on some brief conversations I had with him on Instagram recently.

Roman (BH49) sent me a note a year or so ago to thank me for our friendship and to let me know he was leaving the forum. I sure do miss that guy.

IIRC, Marcus also announced his decision to leave the forum about a year or two ago. (There’s a thread here somewhere).

As for Clip and Madrookie, both seemed to have quietly slipped away without trace. Not sure about chuck_roxas, but before he left, something changed with his demeanor... and not in a good way. (However, one never knows what a person is going through in their personal life, so I’ll refrain from passing judgement ;))
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

xceptnl wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:55 am
Jacknife i haven't spoken to since my hiatus, Blerv I have spoken to a time or two regarding flashlights but I too have missed their presence here. Not to mention those long gone
Marcus
Clip
MadRookie
Bh49 (Roman)
Chuck_roxas
Yeah I used to chat with Roman quite often. I've even traded with him a couple of times and he's just a great guy. Now there was a guy who went by MarcusH who was from Germany and I wonder if that's the same guy you're referring to?
But "Tvenuto" was so active and then one day he completely dropped off the radar screen. He was one of my favorite people to chat with.
Yeah I've wondered about Roman quite often in the past 6 months or so. I hate to even say this. But with all the turbulence we've had here in the USA in the past year or so I'm even wondering if some of these guys may have passed on :( >> I found that out the hard way a couple of times last year wishing people a Happy Birthday. These are some strange times we've had recently.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:27 pm
xceptnl wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:55 am
Marcus
Clip
MadRookie
Bh49 (Roman)
Chuck_roxas
Yeah I used to chat with Roman quite often. I've even traded with him a couple of times and he's just a great guy. Now there was a guy who went by MarcusH who was from Germany and I wonder if that's the same guy you're referring to?
But "Tvenuto" was so active and then one day he completely dropped off the radar screen. He was one of my favorite people to chat with.
Yeah I've wondered about Roman quite often in the past 6 months or so. I hate to even say this. But with all the turbulence we've had here in the USA in the past year or so I'm even wondering if some of these guys may have passed on :( >> I found that out the hard way a couple of times last year wishing people a Happy Birthday. These are some strange times we've had recently.
Yes, I am referring to MarcusH. He was always good to talk to and made me some beautiful leatherwork
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pelagic used to contribute a lot till not too long ago and then suddenly disappeared.

He had some interesting and valuable input to offer, since he obviously used his Spydies pretty hard in his job.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
James Y

Post by James Y »

In forums, as in life, people simply move on. Lives change. Interests and priorities change. Even things that a person once enthusiastically embraced and took part in can lose their luster. What once held importance no longer holds that same importance. Or perhaps they simply don’t have the time anymore. Discussion forums participation is a fairly transient activity, similar to classes (fitness, martial arts, acting, etc.), where people come, stay for varying periods of time, and fade away.

I knew some really neat guys on BF who really contributed good stuff, and with whom I had great private conversations and dealings with, who I haven’t heard from in about 20 years.

Jim
Last edited by James Y on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

.... and SEF .... :o