Knife Block

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
atv223

Knife Block

Post by atv223 »

I was on the hunt for some new steak knives. After an exhaustive search, I settled on a set of Walco Boston Chop knives. Apparently these are used by high end steakhouses. I had to buy them from a restaurant supply store and they only came in sets of 12. Our knife block only had room for 6 but when they arrived, I realized they didn’t fit. With a dozen knives and no where to put them, time for something custom. My own design made from solid maple. I’m pretty pleased with the results!!

Now if I ever invest in a set of Murray Carter Spyderco's I'll know I can make a fitting block to store them!

JD Spydo

Re: Knife Block

Post by JD Spydo »

I was extremely lucky recently. I found a solid Oak knife block for J.A. Henckels knives and it has 16 slots all together. I fits a wide array of kitchen knives and tools I've acquired over the years. I paid a grand total of $5 for it. The thrift store obviously didn't know what they had :rolleyes:

AS handy as they are I wouldn't even mind finding one more. And you're right a block like that would be excellent for a set of steak knives.
qwkzotc

Post by qwkzotc »

Nicely done. The maple is beautiful and the design to accomodate the slots/knives is perfect. Great motivation to go and get the Carters.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Didn't know knife blocks were still a thing. Gave mine up years ago and went to magnetic strips like the restaurants around here use. (Health department doesn't like knife blocks due to bacterial growth.)

Yours is beautiful and well laid out. Congratulations.