Jimi & Janis: Strange Circumstances Of Their Demise

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JRinFL

Re: Jimi & Janis: Strange Circumstances Of Their Demise

Post by JRinFL »

As Neil Young said in The Needle and the Damage Done, "Every junkie is like a setting sun".
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:22 am
As Neil Young said in The Needle and the Damage Done, "Every junkie is like a setting sun".
That is interesting for sure. However I'm not completely sure that Jimi or Janis either one were true-blue junkies. To me they were more like "super party animals".

And do keep in mind I'm simply raising the possibility of both their deaths being so close to each other having nefarious aspects to it. I'm also still to this day very baffled about "Brian Jones'" strange death in his swimming pool of all things :confused: That one always seemed extremely strange as well. Especially with all the rumors about him, Jagger and other members of the band. I am convinced that the music ( especially the Rock genre) business is a very hostile and dirty business.

I'm always trying to think out of the box or to try to think outside the narrative of the mainstream news media. Because there was at that time a lot of disparity and livid hostility between the govt and the radical young people's movement during that time and it was getting dangerous in some cities. I just find it all curious and strange as to the timing of their deaths. And to have two of the most iconic Rock Stars ever die that close to each other.
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:20 am
JRinFL wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:22 am
That is interesting for sure. However I'm not completely sure that Jimi or Janis either one were true-blue junkies. To me they were more like "super party animals".

And do keep in mind I'm simply raising the possibility of both their deaths being so close to each other having nefarious aspects to it. I'm also still to this day very baffled about "Brian Jones'" strange death in his swimming pool of all things :confused: That one always seemed extremely strange as well. Especially with all the rumors about him, Jagger and other members of the band. I am convinced that the music ( especially the Rock genre) business is a very hostile and dirty business.

I'm always trying to think out of the box or to try to think outside the narrative of the mainstream news media. Because there was at that time a lot of disparity and livid hostility between the govt and the radical young people's movement during that time and it was getting dangerous in some cities. I just find it all curious and strange as to the timing of their deaths. And to have two of the most iconic Rock Stars ever die that close to each other.
Among a high percentage of the musicians of that time, there wasn’t any difference between ‘party animal’ and ‘junkie/addict’. There were a ton of excesses and few half-measures. Off the top of my head, about the only one I can recall hearing was NOT into drugs himself was Frank Zappa, who supposedly always wanted to be clear-headed, and also supposedly had disdain for hippies and others who did partake, even though he surrounded himself with those types (probably as a way of controlling them for his own purposes). Ironically, Zappa was addicted to cigarettes.

I’m actually surprised that David Crosby is still alive. He was an addict if ever there was one. I heard he came very close to not being here anymore a few times.

Jim
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

A bunch of people think Jimi Hendrix was murdered. Not by the government though. The whole concept of the US government having a hand in the death of either is pretty strange to me. There was nothing to gain from doing it. How would any bureaucrat in government service benefit from their deaths? How would the government as a whole? They certainly were not any kind of threat to the United States. Not even a tiny fraction of one. The events of the last few years should have illustrated how tough it is to keep those kind of secrets anyways. Nixon couldn't even get away with a simple burglary and coverup much less run a government campaign to assassinate musicians. Joe, I think you just enjoy conspiracy theories. :D
Among a high percentage of the musicians of that time, there wasn’t any difference between ‘party animal’ and ‘junkie/addict’. There were a ton of excesses and few half-measures. Off the top of my head, about the only one I can recall hearing was NOT into drugs himself was Frank Zappa, who supposedly always wanted to be clear-headed, and also supposedly had disdain for hippies and others who did partake, even though he surrounded himself with those types (probably as a way of controlling them for his own purposes). Ironically, Zappa was addicted to cigarettes.
It is telling that the ones that weren't self destructive are the ones that are still alive and enjoying a career. Ian Anderson from Tull is another one. He even watches what he eats and exercises. All the guys from the Seattle grunge scene that died of Heroin overdoses had already lived through multiple near death experiences but continued on until they did die illustrate more recently how that lifestyle can still consume people. It's not a coincidence but it's not a conspiracy either.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I heard about the 27 club since I was in school. It goes way back long, long, ago. It is strange all these rock stars die at the age of 27. Did they go to the crossroads and make a deal with the Devil?

Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse joined that club.

Not the 27 Club but look into this,,,

look up Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington, both abused as children, both committed suicide. Why would you kill yourself when you hit it big? They hung their selves,, leaving your family, kids behind? Strange that John Podesta was a family friend and looks just like Chester.

If you dont know who John Podesta is, Google, Pizza should get you there

The Devil is all around this world
willc

Post by willc »

Robert Johnson died at 27 also.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

willc wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:24 pm
Robert Johnson died at 27 also.
A lot of people think that the '27 Club" is nothing more than pure coincidence. The club has gotten so big in numbers all I can do is scratch my head in amazement. Why that age?? Why 27 of all numbers?? And it goes from decade to decade as well.

Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse being two of the more recent members that stood out to me.

But back in the early 70s you had Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and a few other not so famous people in the rock music world all being members of the 27 club. I heard that Kurt Cobain's mother constantly told her son that she didn't want to see him in the 27 club but he got there in spite of it.
It seems like I also remember Keith Moon of the Who might have been 27 as well. His death really didn't surprise me as wild as he was living.

The list just keeps growing too. Thanks for bringing up that one

UPDATE: I'm so sorry for the mistake. Keith Moon of the Who was 32 when he passed away. Sorry I should have checked that one out better :o