Where Can I Buy/Sell Discontinued Models Without Supporting The Flippers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SleeplessInSoCal

Where Can I Buy/Sell Discontinued Models Without Supporting The Flippers?

Post by SleeplessInSoCal »

For models that I wish that I had a backup for, or for models that I was lucky enough to grab two of, and would like to pay it forward.

Happy to pay some sort of premium. Not happy to reward/encourage flippers.
xceptnl

Re: Where Can I Buy/Sell Discontinued Models Without Supporting The Flippers?

Post by xceptnl »

The buy/sell/trade portion of Bladeforums is probably the best place to avoid supporting the flippers. I will use eBay but it helps to look for long discontinued models which requires patience if you are interested in something that just sold out on 2020.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SleeplessInSoCal

xceptnl wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:43 pm
The buy/sell/trade portion of Bladeforums is probably the best place to avoid supporting the flippers. I will use eBay but it helps to look for long discontinued models which requires patience if you are interested in something that just sold out on 2020.
Thanks so much for the tip!
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

http://bentoboxshop.com/ has a lot of sprints, exclusives, and discontinued models to choose from.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

SleeplessInSoCal wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:35 pm
For models that I wish that I had a backup for, or for models that I was lucky enough to grab two of, and would like to pay it forward.
The Bladeforums folks have a lot of restrictions for people who don’t pay their membership fee. There’s a Facebook group “Spyderco Knives,” that allows buying and selling. Don’t confuse this with the “official” group. I joined just two days ago, with the primary intention of divesting myself of a couple knives that just sit in a desk drawer, which I’ll never use.

Where in SoCal are you not sleeping? I’m in La Habra, on the far north border of OC.
SleeplessInSoCal

jpm2 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:58 pm
http://bentoboxshop.com/ has a lot of sprints, exclusives, and discontinued models to choose from.
I appreciate the suggestion. Figured that they basically only had their own exclusives for sale, rather than sprints as well.
SleeplessInSoCal

RustyIron wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:45 pm
SleeplessInSoCal wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:35 pm
The Bladeforums folks have a lot of restrictions for people who don’t pay their membership fee. There’s a Facebook group “Spyderco Knives,” that allows buying and selling. Don’t confuse this with the “official” group. I joined just two days ago, with the primary intention of divesting myself of a couple knives that just sit in a desk drawer, which I’ll never use.

Where in SoCal are you not sleeping? I’m in La Habra, on the far north border of OC.
That’s good intel, thanks! I’m out here in Corona.
JTowns

Post by JTowns »

I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm new into collecting knives and Spyderco's are my favorite. I like a lot of the weird and discontinued stuff but the potential of receiving fakes on ebay scares me.
Current Collection: Para 3 LW, Manix 2 DLC, Amalgam, Tenacious, Resilience