Martial Arts Experiences Discussion Thread

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Martial Arts Experiences Discussion Thread

Post by James Y »

Awesome news that he won!

Have fun in your training, vivi!

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Tim Larkin Interviews Varg Freeborn, Parts 1 to 3.

I read Varg Freeborn’s first book, Violence of Mind, a couple years back. It’s a great book on the subject, but for some reason, I had almost forgotten about it, although I had remembered parts of it. I’ll have to reread it again, at some point.

At times in this interview, I wish Mr. Freeborn had spoken a little louder.

https://youtu.be/PIXfYBmSYN0

https://youtu.be/foF23RJIcKE

https://youtu.be/alHjqIy7ZqI

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Tim Larkin makes a great point in this video: No matter who you are, anybody can be taken out. It’s not that martial artists or combat sports athletes can’t fight; in the examples given, they simply ended up in situations they were not prepared to deal with. It can literally happen to anybody, even someone trained in modern “combatives,” or someone with a CCW permit.

Several years back, Brazilian MMA/UFC fighter Mauricio “Shogun” Rua was robbed at gunpoint:

https://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/16/5724 ... brazil-mma

That doesn’t make martial arts or combat sports useless. Just like jobs requiring hammers or saws don’t make knives useless, but simply the inappropriate tool for certain situations. I knew a guy who ran a gun shop who almost gleefully stated that martial arts training is a bunch of BS, and that all he ever needed were his guns, and he could take any attacker out. Meanwhile, he never exercised, was in very poor health, ate a high-fat diet and was morbidly obese, which was a much more immediate danger to himself than any hypothetical attackers.

https://youtu.be/4iBbSAMUyd8

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Tim Larkin: “Victims Teach You Nothing”

https://youtu.be/YOdDwh9CKDQ

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bill “Superfoot” Wallace: Super Kicking Techniques (Video Below)

This is taken from a videotape series that came out in the mid-1980s, which was sold through Black Belt Magazine. The Bill Wallace videos were made around 1985, three years after I attended his one-week kickboxing training camp in 1982. His kicks seemed faster in person than they appear in the video. He trained only three kicks: Roundhouse, hook, and side kicks, and all done with only his leading left leg. His right knee had been messed up during a Judo accident back in the 1960s, so he concentrated on strengthening his right leg to be the strongest support leg he could develop. Because of that asymmetrical body development, he walked with what was affectionately referred to as “The Wallace Waddle.”

When I sparred Bill Wallace during the training camp, I was actually more wary of his boxing ability and his left hook (which IMO were very underrated) than his kicks, although he got me with that left leg, too. Make no mistake: Wallace was a BEAST of a fighter. And he’s still kicking and teaching seminars today at the age of 76.

When he demonstrated his kicks full-speed in the training camp, from certain angles, his three kicks appeared virtually identical in execution. They all launched from the same high-knee position, which made them deceptive. He seemed to be making more of an effort to distinguish the three kicks from each other in the video.

This type of kicking was purely for sport Karate and PKA-style American kickboxing, and not for self-defense. In some of the old-school Kung Fu and action movies, kickers often landed six, seven or more multiple kicks off the same leg. In my experience (as well as observation), in actual sparring, a single-leg combination of two kicks, or a fake and a real kick, are more likely to work in a match than three or more kicks. Only one time did I ever land a three-kick combination on an opponent with the same leg before putting my foot down. However, practicing combinations of up to seven kicks without putting the foot down developed greater balance, strength, and dexterity. I incorporated Bill Wallace’s kicking style into my overall style for a few years, but I eventually moved away from it when my overall fighting style and emphasis began evolving in a different direction.

If over-relied upon, such a kicking style would be vulnerable in sparring against a good Muay Thai or grappling practitioner, if you remain standing on one leg for too long. Although do not underestimate a lead-foot kick; I’ve seen at least a couple UFC fighters, including a champion, get KO’d by slide-up, lead-leg kicks by MMA fighters who had previously practiced sport Karate. Landed correctly, they can be stunning; more like a punch with the leg than a full-body, full-torquing, rear-leg kick. They relied more on greater leg dexterity, control and finesse than pure power, though I had stopped some opponents in full-contact competition with slide-up lead-leg kicks.

This type of kicking has become mostly a lost art. Nowadays, it seems not as many martial arts practitioners (especially sports Karate fighters) develop really solid, strong basics, including when it comes to kicking techniques. The Wallace style of kicking required people to already have a strong foundation in kicking before attempting to incorporate it. Back in the day, there were lots of practitioners who had really strong foundations.

https://youtu.be/RTSpESlHzPM

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

A Dirty Trick

This story occurred in 1980, when I was a 17 year-old green belt in Shito-ryu Karate. Our Sensei had gone to Japan for a few weeks with the school team to compete in a WUKO Karate world championship tournament. So he had some black belts from Japan as substitute teachers at the dojo in his absence.

This one Japanese guy I only knew by his surname, Sakai. He was maybe in his late 20s or early 30s. As I recall, he was a 3rd dan (3rd-degree black belt) in Shukokai, a derivative of Shito-ryu, and he had won some championships in Japan. He led a few of the classes I was in. One day, it was a large class. Throughout the class, he was emphasizing on speed, and showing us how fast he was. Then for the last half-hour of class he had everybody sit down against the walls, and we had to get up one at a time and either perform a kata or spar with him.

I chose to spar, because I hated kata. As it turned out, only two of us chose to spar him. The first was a large guy, a purple belt. Sakai kept directing him on what to do; “Come with Oi Zuki” (lunge punch); “Come with Gyaku Zuki” (reverse punch). Every time, the guy came straight at him, and Sakai struck or kicked him, hard, and made him look like a fool. Finally, Sakai back kicked him in the solar plexus, and he was hurt pretty bad. Then Sakai told him to go sit down.

Next up was me. At the time, I was about the same height as he was, but I was thin and he was stocky. What he hadn’t known was that, while I was only a green belt, I had also had previous Judo training, and also was a brown belt in Kenpo Karate at another school. He tried to direct me to come at him, but I stood still. Thinking I was afraid, he reached his hand towards me with a smirk on his face. I suddenly side kicked him, sending him stumbling back into the wall. He slowly came back and reached for me again, without the smirk. This time I spinning back kicked him into the wall again. He rushed forward and tried to grab me, but I went under his momentum, lifted him up and dumped him onto his back (the dojo floor was a smooth mat). Unlike many Japanese Karate men at the time, he clearly had had no Judo experience. He tried grabbing me again, and I took him down with Osoto Gari. He held on and we both went down, but I landed on top and pushed myself up off of him. At this point he was frustrated. I missed his head with a hook kick and caught him with a roundhouse kick to the chest. I noticed behind him that two burly ****’s Angels-type bikers had come into the guest area, and one yelled really loudly, “Hawhawhaw! That black belt is getting his *** kicked by a green belt!” Then they walked back out.

Sakai stopped the match, but told me to remain standing. He told the class, in his limited English, “Must use Gyaku Zuki. I will show you.” He directed me to come at him slowly with Oi Zuki. He slowly blocked my arm, and we held that position. He told the class, “See, use Age Uke (upward block). Like this.” I was standing still, with my arm in the blocked position. Suddenly, he reverse punched me full force in my solar plexus. To make his point, he withdrew his fist a couple inches and twisted his fist into my solar plexus a second time. I remained standing, but I couldn’t move or breathe for at least a half a minute or more, but it seemed like an eternity. Then he ended the class.

Immediately afterward I was in denial, telling myself he misjudged. Later, I got mad. Really mad. I was pissed!! I knew exactly what he had done. He couldn’t control me or beat me in sparring, so he pulled a dirty trick to save face and put me in my place. Maybe he thought that dirty, passive-aggressive trick was OK to use on me because of my Japanese name; but I’m Japanese-American and NOT Japanese. BIG difference. And this is NOT Japan. I am not some nail that sticks up for him to hammer down.

I came back the next day, hoping he would be leading the class, but he wasn’t there. It was another Japanese black belt who led the class. I had actually planned to ambush Sakai, probably in the dressing room when his back was turned, and bash his head in. And/or sneak up behind him and choke him unconscious. And I probably would have followed through with it; I was 17 years old, and although I was mostly a good kid, my impulse control back then wasn’t what it is now. But the rest of the time I trained there, Sakai never came back. I suspect either because he lost face, or because he might have feared complaints about him when Sensei came back. Or both.

If you can’t handle the possibility that someone may get the better of you in free-sparring, then don’t offer to spar people. If you’re teaching a class, you should be trying to help the students to improve and become better than they are, not trying to reinforce how much better YOU are.

It’s only been in the past several years that I’ve let it go. For a long time, I was hoping to run into him somewhere and get payback. His face and his voice were very distinct and recognizable. But holding grudges does nobody any good, especially the person who holds it. However, this incident taught me a lesson: Never allow yourself to be the ‘dummy’ for a technique being demonstrated by someone you got the better of in sparring.

Jim
Last edited by James Y on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

He was outed as incompetent. This is why only pressure tested moves, responses, attacks stand the test of time and why the overlap between seemingly very different arts- the stuff that works becomes curriculum. What a douche instructor, and consider it his good fortune you never met again
James Y

Post by James Y »

twinboysdad wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:53 pm
He was outed as incompetent. This is why only pressure tested moves, responses, attacks stand the test of time and why the overlap between seemingly very different arts- the stuff that works becomes curriculum. What a douche instructor, and consider it his good fortune you never met again

I absolutely agree. I’m also glad I never ran into him again, because I might have gone to jail.

Jim
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

James!

I was once weak minded and weak in spirit. By the time I was 16 I was tired of getting beat up and decided to fight back. I had NEVER punched anyone outside of a DoJo before the age of 16 if you can believe it! On the streets, I had the best instructors. They would threaten me for days, then chase me down and cruelly beat me 3 to 5 at a time.

That instructor was a thug. 100% a bully. You had me laughing at the punishment you were going to dole out(and I had to log in to reply) but in reality that is the only way he would have learned the error of his ways. The thing that upsets me the most about the entire ordeal is that he broke the trust of the DoJo. He was ill mannered and sick of mind.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
James Y

Post by James Y »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:06 pm
James!

I was once weak minded and weak in spirit. By the time I was 16 I was tired of getting beat up and decided to fight back. I had NEVER punched anyone outside of a DoJo before the age of 16 if you can believe it! On the streets, I had the best instructors. They would threaten me for days, then chase me down and cruelly beat me 3 to 5 at a time.

That instructor was a thug. 100% a bully. You had me laughing at the punishment you were going to dole out(and I had to log in to reply) but in reality that is the only way he would have learned the error of his ways. The thing that upsets me the most about the entire ordeal is that he broke the trust of the DoJo. He was ill mannered and sick of mind.

I’m very sorry you got beaten up early on. I have found that it’s often these kinds of experiences that spur some to become stronger. I’m betting when you started fighting back, they realized it was no longer going to be easy or fun for them to target you.

If Sakai had knocked the wind out of me in sparring, it would have been one thing. But he did it on the pretense of “teaching.” He was a scumbag. I also suspect he was a psychopath, simply by his actions (and not only what he did to me). I guess you could say he taught me something that day; to not be so trusting, even in a dojo/kwoon/gym, etc., environment.

Jim
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

To me a DoJo can be a hallowed hall, a basement, or a grass field. It seems to be a mindset. Wherever you attend to learn you are not there to get molested or assaulted. That belt should have been reprimanded, demoted a belt and thrown out.

It's about camaraderie. It's about trust. Fairness. If it stops being about that, everyone should refuse to attend.

Martial arts schools are there to take THE WEAKEST practitioner and give them the mind, body and spirit to defend and better themselves.

From 5th grade to sophomore year of high school, thugs had the best of me. They had me so terrified to fight back that I never even threw a strike. I would walk a mile, 30 to 45 minutes earlier in the morning to get on another bus without the thugs. It was not pretty when I started to fight back either, but word spread and nobody touched me.

I took up martial arts at different times in my life, dabbling in many arts. Whenever I was challenged, I'd study the problem and take up an art to defeat the challenge. That led me to being involved in many different arts. Defeating thugs in a methodical manner is about control, and NOT losing control and using techniques that can get you in to trouble. Well, for me anyway, that is "allegedly" what it is all about, but society and certain geo areas (Chicago) don't even like a controlled response. They want you a victim, beaten, and whimpering in a corner for mercy.

That is NOT me.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
James Y

Post by James Y »

Thank you for sharing, Naperville. And I agree about the restrictive laws. Those who make restrictive laws around self-defense are the types who have never experienced any danger or physical conflict in their lives. They also tend to be those who can pay for their own 24-hour security.

As far as that Sakai guy, he was not one of my Sensei’s black belts. TBH, I don’t know how or why he was one of the black belts helping to teach in Sensei’s absence. There were a few other black belts from Japan who also led classes during that few weeks. Most of them were very good, and brought different approaches to training, but AFAIK, none of them were Sensei’s students either. They were also strict, but they weren’t nearly as hard on us as Sensei was. Maybe some of them were his dojo classmates in Japan(?).

My Shito-ryu Sensei’s name was Minobu Miki. Even though I came to realize that his style didn’t fit my preferences or my personality, Miki himself was a phenomenal teacher, and a scary fighter back in the day. I’d seen him easily destroy black belts who were monsters during kumite (sparring). I sparred with him once, but I was only a 16 year-old kid, and luckily for me, he only toyed with me. AFAIK, he’s still teaching today, or at least was until very recently. Over the years, his dojo moved a couple of times into progressively better locations since when I studied under him, but his dojo is still in my area.

These are the only two vids I was able to find of Sensei Miki demonstrating on YouTube. I believe these videos were from the 1990s, well over a decade after I left his dojo.

In the first video, Sensei Miki was wearing the black Iaido hakama and demonstrating with a live katana against his sensei, Teruo Hayashi, who was using tonfa:

https://youtu.be/pxFaK9kjelY

In the second video, he is teaching a seminar on kata and kata applications in another country, possibly in Europe(?):

https://youtu.be/HsG5-Biw6q0

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“Iron Palm and One-Inch Punch” (Video Below)

I’m mainly posting this because of the main guy demonstrating, the middle-aged man. In a previous post in which I discussed the 1-Inch Punch, etc., and posted some demo videos (on page 22 of this thread), it may not have been clear to some from the younger guys’ demos, but with this guy, he very clearly shows the short, whiplike power generation. This practitioner also demos the 1-Inch Palm strike, which I’ve heard very few in the West even discuss. I learned the 1-Inch Punch, the “No-Inch Punch” (with the fist already in contact with the body before the strike), and the 1-Inch and “No-Inch” Palm, from my Sifu Peng in Taiwan. Only we didn’t practice it by breaking objects.

Admittedly, I am NOT much of a fan of breaking demonstrations. Especially brick breaking demos, in which it is common for the bricks to be pre-baked beforehand to make them brittle and easy to break. I generally ignore brick breaking demos, where the practitioner chops downward into stacks of bricks. However, if the materials were not tampered with beforehand, breaking demos can sometimes help the person demonstrate body hardening or, in this case, how extremely short-range power is generated in Chinese martial arts.

Notice how the middle-aged guy is NOT pushing, but is using short “Fa Jin” (discharging energy or power). The power comes up from the feet, legs, hips, waist, back, shoulder, arm, and through the hand; but it all happens in a split second, like a spasm or an explosive sneeze. When Bruce Lee demo’d his 1 & 6-Inch Punches (see video on page 22 of this thread), he added a PUSH, which sent the recipients dramatically flying backwards, but also DISPERSES the force. He also had the volunteers stand square to him, a very unstable position that is easy to be knocked back from, but which also protected them from absorbing the brunt of the force. Had they been standing in a stable stance, with one foot forward and the other foot back, Bruce Lee’s demo volunteers would have absorbed more of the force and probably gotten hurt, added push or not.

In a properly-done real 1-Inch strike, the recipient would NOT fly backwards; instead, the force would be absorbed into his body. At most, he might get a jolt once from the short impact, or not at all. The result may double him over and could be temporarily debilitating, but he would not fly backwards.

Bruce Lee did NOT invent short-power strikes; he was only (probably) the first person to demonstrate such strikes publicly. One-Inch and “No-Inch” strikes are not superhuman and they are not magical. However, they DO require years of considerable and correct training, and cannot just be picked up by Joe Schmoe off the street, or by Keyboard Warrior Willie in his mom’s basement.

The inevitable questions some may have about the demonstrator is, “He can do this, but can he actually fight?” Maybe, maybe not. TBH, I don’t care. Whether he can or not, he gives clearly visible examples of how the short power is generated. If martial artists and non-martial artist keyboard warriors could open their minds a little, they might come to realize that there is good stuff to be gleaned from any legitimate practitioner of any art, whether you like everything about his methods or not.

Admittedly, I haven’t watched the entire vid. I will point out that, as far as I did watch, the parts to watch for start from 0:01, 0:40, 1:05, 1:20, 1:48, and 2:10:

https://youtu.be/ov-b8EKwV6Q

Jim
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Sometimes I read James LaFond.

'I Didn't Know We Were Knife Fighting'
The Crackpot Critiques a Stabbing
https://www.jameslafond.com/article.php?id=13227
James Y

Post by James Y »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:50 pm
Sometimes I read James LaFond.

'I Didn't Know We Were Knife Fighting'
The Crackpot Critiques a Stabbing
https://www.jameslafond.com/article.php?id=13227

Thanks, Naperville!

Very interesting read.

Jim
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I have an interesting read for you. Not a martial arts book exactly. More of a memoir, a reflection on popular culture, growing up in the 80's and 90's, mentors, Bruce Lee, a peak behind the curtain at the politics and bureaucracy of the Martial Arts, fake martial arts, martial arts cults, and the founding of the Libre Knife Fighting Guild.

Rough Edges: A Literary F*** You. By Scott Babb.

As the title would suggest, it's a very irreverent book with plenty of coarse language. But if that doesn't bother you, or even better if that's something you'd enjoy, it's one of the better things I've read in a while.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:22 pm
I have an interesting read for you. Not a martial arts book exactly. More of a memoir, a reflection on popular culture, growing up in the 80's and 90's, mentors, Bruce Lee, a peak behind the curtain at the politics and bureaucracy of the Martial Arts, fake martial arts, martial arts cults, and the founding of the Libre Knife Fighting Guild.

As the title would suggest, it's a very irreverent book with plenty of coarse language. But if that doesn't bother you, or even better if that's something you'd enjoy, it's one of the better things I've read in a while.
I bought the book.

I'd buy the DVDs but they are out of stock, and I have a few other things I hope to get. Maybe they will restock and the timing will be right.
James Y

Post by James Y »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Thank you for sharing that! I for one am not bothered by coarse language, as long as it’s not overused to the point of becoming annoying (i.e., cursing just for the sake of cursing), and if it doesn’t interfere with the points the author is making. Looks like this one’s going on my list of future purchases.

;)

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

A brief discussion of forms.

Forms (AKA Kata, Taolu, etc., etc., depending on which art you do) are a very polarizing subject in martial arts. There are proponents who will tell you that how you do your forms is an indication of your real skill level. There are others who believe that practicing forms is not only a complete waste of time, but even worse, will make you a worse fighter.

As in most things, the truth lies somewhere in between these two extremes.

Forms are often used among certain people in some arts to determine how good someone is without actually sparring or fighting them. SOMEtimes forms can indicate that someone really knows their stuff. But more often than not, doing a form really well simply means they can do a form really well. It doesn’t mean that the performer can fight with equal skill, or in some cases, any skill at all. I’ve seen instances of practitioners demonstrating traditional sets (forms) very well, with all the “proper elements” in place; but when they sparred afterwards, it looked like very sloppy kickboxing at best, and childlike flailing at worst.

I’ve also seen very good forms men who were very good fighters, but did not actually use their professed style when they sparred; I’ve seen “Kung Fu” practitioners resort to (again) kickboxing, or Tae Kwon Do, because it was “quicker to learn” how to apply, which is a cop-out. If your style is practical and is taught correctly, you should be able to spar using techniques and strategies from your style fairly quickly. The reasons so many don’t are poor teaching methods and insecurity. If you demonstrate forms and self-defense applications of your style, but spar using completely different, unrelated strategies and skills, then something is wrong. This doesn’t mean that you spar looking like the form. The important techniques and skill sets must be adapted for sparring (and ultimately, for real fighting, which is different from sparring, but evolves from it). Otherwise, you’re professing one thing while doing another.

OTOH, some people say forms are useless, and practicing them (and excelling at them) makes you a worse fighter. This is also false. There are plenty of poor fighters out there who have never practiced a form in their lives. There are also many great fighters who never practiced a form in their lives. And I’ve known plenty of people who could do forms, spar, and really fight, all very well.

One of the benefits of forms is that the movements are idealized representations of techniques, combinations, stances, footwork, and movements. Forms were never intended to be remembered and done in the heat of a real combat situation. Traditional forms contain patterns that are often repeated, sometimes with slight differences, sometimes recurring in several forms. That is an indication to pay attention to a principle that must be taken out and changed/adapted to practical usage. The idealized and often exaggerated movements in forms train the body and mind to move into and out of difficult and unnatural positions fluidly. This develops strength, agility, balance, coordination, and centeredness. When you can do that easily, then simple, more natural versions of those positions and movements become effortless. Of course, there are many ways to develop those qualities, but forms are one way of accomplishing this, and “shaping” the body to become accustomed to a style of movement that is not inherently natural to the human body, so that it becomes natural. It also trains mental self-discipline, controlling every body part and moving everything with precision.

Forms in themselves neither make you a better fighter nor a worse fighter. They are simply another aspect of training in many styles. There are many people who choose one extreme viewpoint or the other. IMO, it’s not forms that are a problem, but the endless PURSUIT of forms. Meaning the belief that learning another, more advanced, “higher-level” form will take you to the next level and make you a better martial artist. I may be in the minority, but I’m much more impressed with someone who can do a simple, basic set (form) with full spirit, intent, power, precision, etc., and really knowing what they’re doing, than someone who collects form after advanced form, and speeds through them trying to impress others. The latter type always seek to learn more and more, and as a result they never actually get really good at any of them, or develop any real understanding of what they’re doing, though their flashy and complex movements may impress certain people who only possess superficial knowledge.

Forms were never intended to teach a person how to fight. Genuine traditional forms were meant as a kind of unwritten record of certain movements and combinations (or in some cases, training and breathing methods) that someone somewhere who contributed to developing the art deemed as important and worth remembering. As well as developing the ability to develop movement attributes so the practitioner can move easily and naturally. Nothing much more than that, and nothing less. The qualities of becoming effective at fighting with those skills were developed through other training methods.

Jim
Last edited by James Y on Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:30 pm
I bought the book.

I'd buy the DVDs but they are out of stock, and I have a few other things I hope to get. Maybe they will restock and the timing will be right.
Hope you like it! The DVD'S get restocked sporadically. They usually give a heads up on their InstaGram. They do have a Digital Download section that has all of the DVD content.

James Y wrote: Thank you for sharing that! I for one am not bothered by coarse language, as long as it’s not overused to the point of becoming annoying (i.e., cursing just for the sake of cursing), and if it doesn’t interfere with the points the author is making. Looks like this one’s going on my list of future purchases.

;)

Jim
👍🏻
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal