Civivi knives, anyone?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
soc_monki

Civivi knives, anyone?

Post by soc_monki »

Already had a Plethiros and a Baklash, and finally decided to grab an Incite. Wonderful fit and finish, the layered cf/G10 is superb, and it's really comfortable to handle. Feels a lot more expensive than it is, just like the other Civivis I own.

Always wonder if these are so good, how are the high end We knives?

:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Red

Re: Civivi knives, anyone?

Post by Red »

Love them, have a governor that feels like it should cost 2 or 3 times more than it did, very nice.
29010D50-ACCB-438D-BB4C-EA2C0F3FDCBE.jpeg
Last edited by Red on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Where are they made?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:34 am
Where are they made?
China. They are a subsidiary of WE Knives.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Yep, China. I know many people have an aversion to buying Chinese, and I do as well to an extent. I do not like their government and how they treat their people. I think they need to be brought down and the country made free. But I also believe that the majority of Chinese people are good people, and the people at We/Civivi certainly seem to be knife guys through and through, and are putting out amazing quality at very reasonable prices.

Some of their designs are a little bit out there. Not as wacky as Kizer though. And We knows how to make a blade that cuts. I wish they would use 9cr18mov more, but people complained about "alphabet soup" steel and pretty much changed everything over to D2. Not a bad thing, but We's 9cr performs well and is inexpensive.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Their modern folders don’t call to me. Got the Rustic Gent, I think that’s what it’s called. Super well made but lacks character.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
araneae

Post by araneae »

They make a great knife. I have a handful now and each is pretty much flawless for around $50. The Elementum is my favorite. Probably the best made knives available under $100.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've got notifications set up with BHQ for 3 differently Elementum's when they get in stocked. A guy at work has one, base model with D2 steel. But, for $50 something dollars it's a great bang for the buck! Super smooth, nice ergos and seems to be pretty well made. Could easily pass for $85 knife imo.

I did have a WE Knives Wisp for a while. Really nicely done. Super light, took up no pocket space and was similar in size to the Delica but had quite a bit more cutting edge. This is the only pic I could find of it, with the Urban. Ultimately I ended up selling it because it was too nice to really use at work, but also more I looked at it I was finding it kind of busy and became turned off by the blue hardware. The knife itself was great, can't take that away from them!

Resized_20190621_110226.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

spyderg wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:22 pm
Their modern folders don’t call to me. Got the Rustic Gent, I think that’s what it’s called. Super well made but lacks character.
If they made a Rustic Gent XL the size of the Buck 110 I would get one. I don't mind the 112 size, but I prefer bigger. The Gents do look nice though!