RIP Regis Philbin

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

RIP Regis Philbin

Post by SG89 »

Loved watching him on Regis and Kathie Lee, Regis and Kelly, and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Funny guy.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
FeistyKat

Re: RIP Regis Philbin

Post by FeistyKat »

There is a house in our Old Town that was declared to be the most haunted house in the US by some TV show or other: The Whaley House.

In the 1960's Regis somehow got permission to spend the night in the house. If you take the tour of Whaley House they'll tell you a great story about him bolting from the house the next morning, white as a sheet as if he'd...seen a ghost.

Indeed, Rest in Peace, Regis.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

RIP Regis.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Master of the light touch.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
James Y

Post by James Y »

FeistyKat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:20 am
There is a house in our Old Town that was declared to be the most haunted house in the US by some TV show or other: The Whaley House.

In the 1960's Regis somehow got permission to spend the night in the house. If you take the tour of Whaley House they'll tell you a great story about him bolting from the house the next morning, white as a sheet as if he'd...seen a ghost.

Indeed, Rest in Peace, Regis.
RIP, Regis. His sense of humor will be missed.

Yes, I’ve been in the Whaley House about 3 or 4 times. Last time was when I was about 13 or 14, back in the ‘70s. I even went upstairs by myself for a while one time, while the tour guide was discussing history with my dad downstairs in the courtroom area; at that time, there were no other guests in the house. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I never did see or feel anything strange. Do I believe it’s haunted? Yes. But is it America’s most haunted house? I don’t think so. It was the late, famous investigator, Hans Holzer, who dubbed it America’s most haunted house, back in the 1960s.

Regis claimed to have seen the spirit of Anna Whaley. He had stated that he would never go into the Whaley House again. This happened in 1964. IIRC, at the time, Regis had been working as a reporter for a local TV news station.

Jim
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Never watched any of the morning shows that he did but, I have watched him host Millionaire.
RIP Mr.Philbin
FeistyKat

Post by FeistyKat »

James Y wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:52 am
Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I never did see or feel anything strange.

A few years ago I bought a 1 year membership so I could take my time taking photos, recording EVPs, etc. I was also frequenting mausoleums for the same reason. (Very peaceful places but they smell funny.)

The Whaley House membership covered the whole family and they went with me a few times. The only odd things we experienced were:
1. I was sitting in the courtroom, by myself, and smelled the faintest whiff of cigar smoke for just a few seconds. But, it was warm day and the front door to the house was open, so it could have drifted in from outside.

2. My wife & daughter, both wearing shorts, both claimed they felt something "brush" against the back of the calves. There is supposed to be a small dog that lived in the house that is seen from time to time.

But the weirdest thing that ever happened to me at Whaley House was the manager of the museum who always addressed me by my last name (Mr. Feistykat). He was a young guy & very nice, but I have no idea why he remembered me, or how he knew my name for that matter.

I would love to have the opportunity to spend the night in Whaley House.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Indeed, Regis will be missed. Such an amazing and talented man. It's his shows with Kathryn Lee Gifford that I recall the most... his shows with Kelly Ripa were a favorite after Kathie Lee left.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!