Blade HQ customer service

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Red

Re: Blade HQ customer service

Post by Red »

duplicate
Last edited by Red on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
Red

Post by Red »

TazKristi wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:40 pm
Hi, Red:
I'm sorry you're having a challenge with your order, but since this isn't pertaining to Spyderco, I'm going to move this thread into our Off-Topic area. I hope you find a quick resolution.

Kristi
I am sorry!! I am new, it wont happen again.
Red

Post by Red »

edited 7/17 because BHQ went above and beyond by refunding the entire order. They didnt need to do that. Excellent customer service.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

I ordered from BHQ once (not a Spyderco) and was sent the wrong knife. I thought ok no big deal, things happen. Then a lovely “representative” told me that they don’t check orders when filling them. Alright, I said, maybe you don’t check the actual knife to make sure it’s tip top before sending it, but surely you check to make sure it’s the RIGHT item? Nope, he replied, we don’t do that. “We fill too many orders to do that.” Let that sink in for a second.

My response?

Just refund my money.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Red

Post by Red »

edited 7/17 - BHQ refunded the entire order and explained everything to me that ended up making perfect sense. Excellent customer service.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:52 pm
There’s been a lot of negative experiences with them lately according to different people over on BF. Growing pains maybe? I’ve never been to fond of them, plus their are MANY excellent dealers out their to choose from!
Yup......
I quit them years ago.
Been with DLT before them anyways and HAVE NEVER had an issue with DLT. You can absolutely BANK on what either Paul Edgette, Hammer, or Jordan tells ya.
Those guys are pros. And never any reports of "funny business" with that crew.
I just cannot recommend DLT enough.
Plus, their reward points really add up.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:23 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
There’s been a lot of negative experiences with them lately according to different people over on BF. Growing pains maybe? I’ve never been to fond of them, plus their are MANY excellent dealers out their to choose from!
Yup......
I quit them years ago.
Been with DLT before them anyways and HAVE NEVER had an issue with DLT. You can absolutely BANK on what either Paul Edgette, Hammer, or Jordan tells ya.
Yup, DLT all the way for anything! I got lucky this year also, found a fantastic local GEC dealer, so I can usually pick up all the new releases the same day from him!
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:25 pm
MacLaren wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:
Yup......
I quit them years ago.
Yup, DLT all the way for anything! I got lucky this year also, found a fantastic local GEC dealer, so I can usually pick up all the new releases the same day from him!
Awesome!
Having a good dealer, is a lot imo...
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I used to buy a majority of my knives from BladeHQ, but not so much the last 8-10 months or so.. I started noticing some issues with my last few orders.. sporadic shipping notifications, unexplained delays, glitches with order statuses in my account history, non-responsiveness to email, etc..

Most recently.. a few weeks back on a Friday, I ordered a Civivi Elementum and paid $8.99 for the UPS two day shipping. That same Friday night, some more of the exclusive Manix 2 XLs came back in stock and I ordered one of those as well. On Saturday, I received a shipping notification for the Manix XL, but not for the Elementum, which I had technically ordered first. Monday and Tuesday came and went with no shipping notification on the Elementum. On Wednesday, I sent an email asking for a status update.. no response. Emailed again on Thursday.. no response. Emailed again Friday, now a full week after placing the order, requesting a status and a refund on the "two day" shipping that I had paid for. Finally on Friday, I did receive a tracking notification, followed shortly by an email from BHQ support.. it looked to be a mostly cookie-cutter response about delays due to the covid.. an argument I maybe could have gotten on-board with if my other order hadn't gone out the very next day.. They did agree to refund the shipping cost, which was appreciated, but the whole non-responsive for three days and then mailing out the order a week late while blaming it on covid thing rubbed me the wrong way haha.. I get that errors happen, just admit you messed up.. Preferably, in a more timely fashion.. I've emailed other retailers and received responses within literally minutes..

Prior to this last incident, I think the time I started noticing little issues with BHQ is right around when they moved into their new larger building.. I'm sure there were some growing pains there and I think maybe they've gotten "too big" for their own good. Hahah, I've come to consider BHQ to be kind of the "Walmart of knife retailers".. I've never not gotten an order from them and I will continue to use them if they have something in stock that I can't get elsewhere, but some of the "little guys" have much faster shipping times and seem to be making much more of an effort to please their customers. I now try to prioritize ordering through them first, before BladeHQ..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Red

Post by Red »

edited 7/17 -
BHQ refunded the entire order, when they didnt need to and explained everything to me and most of the confusion was all on me, not them.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red

Post by Red »

Duplicate
Last edited by Red on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red

Post by Red »

edited 7/17 - BHQ refunded the entire order. They sent a very long email that made things very clear. Excellent customer service.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red

Post by Red »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:35 am
I used to buy a majority of my knives from BladeHQ, but not so much the last 8-10 months or so.. I started noticing some issues with my last few orders.. sporadic shipping notifications, unexplained delays, glitches with order statuses in my account history, non-responsiveness to email, etc..

Most recently.. a few weeks back on a Friday, I ordered a Civivi Elementum and paid $8.99 for the UPS two day shipping. That same Friday night, some more of the exclusive Manix 2 XLs came back in stock and I ordered one of those as well. On Saturday, I received a shipping notification for the Manix XL, but not for the Elementum, which I had technically ordered first. Monday and Tuesday came and went with no shipping notification on the Elementum. On Wednesday, I sent an email asking for a status update.. no response. Emailed again on Thursday.. no response. Emailed again Friday, now a full week after placing the order, requesting a status and a refund on the "two day" shipping that I had paid for. Finally on Friday, I did receive a tracking notification, followed shortly by an email from BHQ support.. it looked to be a mostly cookie-cutter response about delays due to the covid.. an argument I maybe could have gotten on-board with if my other order hadn't gone out the very next day.. They did agree to refund the shipping cost, which was appreciated, but the whole non-responsive for three days and then mailing out the order a week late while blaming it on covid thing rubbed me the wrong way haha.. I get that errors happen, just admit you messed up.. Preferably, in a more timely fashion.. I've emailed other retailers and received responses within literally minutes..

Prior to this last incident, I think the time I started noticing little issues with BHQ is right around when they moved into their new larger building.. I'm sure there were some growing pains there and I think maybe they've gotten "too big" for their own good. Hahah, I've come to consider BHQ to be kind of the "Walmart of knife retailers".. I've never not gotten an order from them and I will continue to use them if they have something in stock that I can't get elsewhere, but some of the "little guys" have much faster shipping times and seem to be making much more of an effort to please their customers. I now try to prioritize ordering through them first, before BladeHQ..
Edited 7/17, they refunded the order and absolutely made things right. Most of the confusion was on my end. Not theirs. I had no way of knowing but Seth sent a long email explaining everything.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red

Post by Red »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:25 pm
MacLaren wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:
Yup......
I quit them years ago.
Awesome!
Having a good dealer, is a lot imo...
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I just put in an order with DLT.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red

Post by Red »

DLT seems really good, thanks again for the heads up.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Red wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:43 pm
DLT seems really good, thanks again for the heads up.
Well, usually Priority mail before Covid19, took 2 to 3 days. Usually 2.
Now, its about 4 to 5 days.
So, don't be too hard on BHQ for that.
However, DLT like you say, they don't waste any time getting your knife in the mail :)
Red

Post by Red »

DLT was super fast!
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red

Post by Red »

murphjd25 wrote:
Edited 7/17
Order was refunded. Most of the confusion was from me and it was explained to me today from BHQ but they absolutely did not need to refund all of the order. Very solid.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Red wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:54 pm
Yep, DLT is awesome. Super fast. The Problem with BHQ was I placed the order Saturday and paid for the next day air shipping. I expected it would ship Monday morning to be here Weds. 3 days is fine but they drug their heels and cost it at least an extra day. I went to the post office and they said Thurs, maybe.
Yup. And, thats where DLT really shines. You can place an order as late as 330 or 4 and it will still go out that day. I hear ya man..
Red

Post by Red »

exited 7/17
BHQ refunded the entire order and explained everything. They ended up going above and beyond what I expected them to do, especially with most of the confusion on my end.
Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.