Blade HQ customer service

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Re: Blade HQ customer service

Post by murphjd25 »

Great choice!
Josh
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Even before covid, I would place an order and it would take them 2 days to get it in the mail. The order was boxed and a label created, but it didn't enter the usps system until 2 days later. I got sick of it. I mean, I understand if it takes until the next day to get it picked up, but 2 days?

The last order I made with them was the manix 2 xl, and it was shipped the same day and in my hands Monday. How come they can do it with some orders, but not others? Consistency is key, and they don't have it.

I usually use Knifeworks now. If I get the order in before 2 pm it's out the door that day, and only takes 2 days to get to me. Always excellent service with them. Haven't tried dlt yet but I might need to one day.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Red

Post by Red »

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Will check theM out 👍
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I’ve used Blade HQ in the past and never had any problems. But later I started ordering from Knifeworks, and they are much faster. As already mentioned above, I received knives from them usually in about 2 days, and that is normal shipping. Which is amazing, because Knifeworks is in LA and I’m in CA. Blade HQ usually took about 5 days or so.

I’ve not ordered any knives from anywhere this year, though. And when I have ordered, it’s always over the phone. I have a simple, pre-written list of things for the dealer to check on the knife before they ship it, to lessen the chances of flaws in the knife. Using this ordering method, I’ve never gotten a lemon. When ordering knives from online dealers, I’ve always ordered over the phone. Now, I don’t know if the Covid issue has affected customer service over the phone or not.

Jim
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

BladeHq has become my vendor of choice lately, I think because I like their YouTube videos honestly. I've never had any problems, shipping is always pretty darn fast. I think they've always boxed up my orders within a day and shipped via 2-day USPS (my favorite). I preordered my K390 Dragonfly from BladeHQ about two months ago, would really love to see that one ship! Utah isn't too far from me, it's about a 16-hour drive to SLC.

I am surprised by the long handling times you guys are reporting, but glad to hear that other vendors are shipping much faster; maybe I'll give them a try!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

James Y wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:53 pm
I’ve used Blade HQ in the past and never had any problems. But later I started ordering from Knifeworks, and they are much faster. As already mentioned above, I received knives from them usually in about 2 days, and that is normal shipping. Which is amazing, because Knifeworks is in LA and I’m in CA. Blade HQ usually took about 5 days or so.

I’ve not ordered any knives from anywhere this year, though. And when I have ordered, it’s always over the phone. I have a simple, pre-written list of things for the dealer to check on the knife before they ship it, to lessen the chances of flaws in the knife. Using this ordering method, I’ve never gotten a lemon. When ordering knives from online dealers, I’ve always ordered over the phone. Now, I don’t know if the Covid issue has affected customer service over the phone or not.

Jim
2 days to CA from LA? I thought I got good service, and I'm pretty much right next door! Haha!

Knifeworks is great. Only place you can get the Ritter RSK as well... An excellent knife!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
James Y

Post by James Y »

soc_monki wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm
James Y wrote:

Jim
2 days to CA from LA? I thought I got good service, and I'm pretty much right next door! Haha!

Knifeworks is great. Only place you can get the Ritter RSK as well... An excellent knife!
Yeah, they always have an excellent selection, don’t they?

Jim
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

James Y wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:01 pm
soc_monki wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm
James Y wrote:

Jim

Yeah, they always have an excellent selection, don’t they?

Jim
Yes sir!
Red

Post by Red »

I was humbled by a very genuine and long email I just received from Seth at Blade HQ. There was alot of confusion on my end and after he patiently explained everything to me it all made sense.

Blade HQ refunded the entire order, I was shocked at such a gesture of goodwill, it was close to $300. I am also embarrassed that I mistakenly rushed to judgment with Blade HQ. In closing, they have gone above and beyond any level of customer service I have ever experienced.

I am eating a slice of “humble pie” for dinner tonight but I learned a lot from this experience and will absolutely be a Blade HQ customer in the future.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Late last night I placed an order with BHQ. The shipping label has been created and the package is awaiting pickup. From then on, it will all be up to the USPS.