Being bitten by knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
PoisonedPizza

Being bitten by knives

Post by PoisonedPizza »

I just dropped my paramilitary on my wrist(Tried to catch it when it fell-big mistake)and cut my wrist pretty bad,anyone have any funny/shocking stories about being bitten by your knives?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the knife is cooler than the pen.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Being bitten by knives

Post by TkoK83Spy »

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

There are facts in life that are not pleasant. One big fact that all knife enthusiasts need to learn right away. If you work on, use or play with knives as most of us forum members do you will eventually get bit. Just the other day I was putting a final edge on a boning knife using my Spyderco 204 Sharpmaker. Don't even ask me how it happened because it happened so fast I don't know what went wrong. But I got distracted by someone in the room and the next thing I know is that the boning knife slipped off the edge of the stone and it came down on my left index finger.

We all must keep in mind that these are potentially dangerous tools and they need to be used with caution and respect. You can't be afraid of knives but you sure better respect them.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I've had some bites over the years. One memorable one was a Marbles fixed blade that dropped through a complete revolution and came down while I was sitting into my upper leg (quads) area stabbing into my leg while making a perfect movie sound effect *scrunch* noise. The tip just entered the bone like a dart in a board and just sat there until I pulled it out. It looked like it had been stabbed into my leg on purpose. It didn't really need any care from a doctor so I took care of it myself.

The worst I ever had including two work related stabbings was the one from the lid of a cat food can. It actually scraped the meat away from the bone. That one needed several stitches including some inside as well as outside to close it. It took longer to heal because it was so ragged and not like a clean sharp knife cut or slice. Another bad one came from a guillotine like chopping off of the very tip ( including part of the fingernail) of one of my fingers. That one was the most painful but that wasn't actually a knife.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I just saw a video where the Siren bit Eric. It happens to almost all of us, and I never would wish it on anyone, but I must admit, it was kind of funny.
Sorry, Eric. 😨
RocketJ

Post by RocketJ »

I hate to admit this, but.....just got a new Chaparral LW a week or so ago and during looking/playing/mindlessly flipping I got bit. Twice.
John
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I accidentally cut into the side of my finger (and fingernail) a bit while fiddling with my Sebenza 21.

Nothing deep or serious, just annoying.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
PoisonedPizza

Post by PoisonedPizza »

cabfrank wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:07 pm
I just saw a video where the Siren bit Eric. It happens to almost all of us, and I never would wish it on anyone, but I must admit, it was kind of funny.
Sorry, Eric. 😨
link?
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the knife is cooler than the pen.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Sorry, not sure where it was. It was a video with Eric showing new releases.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I've had more than I care to admit, but the worst was actually from the saw on my Leatherman Rebar. I was cutting some small branches and the saw slipped and cut into the knuckle of the hand holding the branch still. It went straight to the bone. While it really didn't hurt, I think my son was ready to pass out. Somehow he got me to the local emergency room where 4 stitches did the trick.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032