New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:51 am

I gotta make this quick, I have a meeting to go to, but thought I would post up a couple quick pics of this new Medford 187 DP.
My 1st Medford and I am shocked to be quite honest.
It makes a Hindeder feel like a toy :D
My goodness gracious......
At any rate, Ill be back later. Enjoy the pics. :)
Image
Image
Image

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2417
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby murphjd25 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Here you go robbing more banks! Nice addition! Man you’ve been on a heck of a tear lately! Good stuff!
Josh

benben
Member
Posts: 889
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina.

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby benben » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:26 pm

I handled two of them at SMKW a couple of weeks back, you would have to purposely go wayyy out of your way to try and destroy one of these, they're tanks! Man on Fire!!

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 4738
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby TomAiello » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 pm

What is the slicing performance like? It looks really thick. I can't imagine how tough that thing must be.

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7612
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby Spydergirl88 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Really nice!

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:07 pm

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 pm
What is the slicing performance like? It looks really thick. I can't imagine how tough that thing must be.
Tom, it just sliced phone book paper as good as anything Ive ever had and better than most. Some of the professionally sharpened knives by Jason Bosman, kay have a little less drag.
But, not much. This knife is incredible imo
I love it. Sharp as hell.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm
Really nice!
Nicest one I've ever had. I LOVE it......

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 pm

And, please. Its okay if y'all doubt it. I wandered myself.
But....once you get it in hand and use it, your like OMG....

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:37 pm

benben wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:26 pm
I handled two of them at SMKW a couple of weeks back, you would have to purposely go wayyy out of your way to try and destroy one of these, they're tanks! Man on Fire!!
yeah, you would absolutely have to intentionally use something against it, to destroy it.
Thanx Benben

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:37 pm

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:05 pm
Here you go robbing more banks! Nice addition! Man you’ve been on a heck of a tear lately! Good stuff!
I tell ya ole buddy, jackin up banks and buyin expensive knives is the way to go.... :D

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4461
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby The Meat man » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Wow really stunning knife you got there MacLaren! Folding fixed blade. ;)
That's a sweet knife man.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:37 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Wow really stunning knife you got there MacLaren! Folding fixed blade. ;)
That's a sweet knife man.
Thank you :)
Its a good break from the flippers.

benben
Member
Posts: 889
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina.

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby benben » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:49 pm

Dammit MacLaren, been cruising Medford’s site for the last 30 minutes! :eek:

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:16 pm

benben wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Dammit MacLaren, been cruising Medford’s site for the last 30 minutes! :eek:
Hahaha!!
Money well spent!! :D :D
I've already cut myself with this dam monstrosity :eek:
Lol, and I just barley touched it too. I was putting a little oil on the blade and BAM!

Oh, and BTW, DLT has an excellent assessment of Medford's too :D

User avatar
Naperville
Member
Posts: 1598
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby Naperville » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Is that a Hinderer 3.5 inch Fatty Harpoon Tanto? I have one too. Excellent knife for the Winter, in case you have to go through someone's leather jacket.

I have one Medford, the USMC Fighter in S35VN. Quite a nice knife.
Spyderco Collection: Military (S110V), Bob Lum Darn Dao(CPM-154), Yojimbo 2 (1 in S30V & 2 in 20CV), Sustain(20CV), Native 5(Maxamet), Jumpmaster 2(H1), Province(4V). SHORT LIST: CF Shaman(S90V), Native Chief, Street Bowie(4V at 60+ HRC), Nightstick, Yojumbo.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Naperville wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm
Is that a Hinderer 3.5 inch Fatty Harpoon Tanto? I have one too. Excellent knife for the Winter, in case you have to go through someone's leather jacket.

I have one Medford, the USMC Fighter in S35VN. Quite a nice knife.
Thank you, but, no. Its the new Tri-Way Eklipse. Just regular blade stock.
That USMC Fighter is incredible.
I also feel that it and many Medford knives are just misunderstood. This 187 can slice like hell.
Reason I say misunderstood, is because someone started a thread on BF about the USMC Fighter being misunderstood.
I don't doubt anything Greg Medford puts out......its going perform and perform highly....

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:21 am

Just ordered a full bull Marauder.
They have actually been discontinued by MKT. So, now is the time to jump I reckon....I so wanted another 3V blade, but this has a gorgeous S90V Tanto blade. Should be really nice. The scales are Purple Ano'd.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:50 am

A little bit more on this Medford 187 DP 3V DLT Exclusive
The name 187 DP, come from everything being .187" & DP, of course, stand for the grind, Drop Point.
Ill show that compared to a super built, super beefy Hinderer XM-18 3.5 "
Gang, I am just so happy with this 187. Even happier than I was with my 1st Spyderco, The Vallotton. And, I didn't think that was possible. This baby just continues to impress.
The action already is starting to work in, and has what many says a hydraulic like feel to it. Reeve owners state its very much like their Sebenzas. Also, benben - I wanted to say that these Medford knives are extremely expensive. So, if you're serious about getting one, then get one from a Certified Dealer. Be very careful buying on the Fourms and especially Ebay. There were some knives that were marked for destruction, that were stolen from MKT. Some were sold to a pawn shop and I think some showed up on Ebay. I reckon what I'm trying to say, is that if it seems too good to be true, then it is. Now, please dont get me wrong, I'm no Medford Expert at all. Im no knife expert either lol. But, I do know that something this expensive, I wanna buy straight up from an authorized dealer. At any rate, I just wanna share some pics and my new found happiness with this knife. We all have different tastes and expectations as well as our own standards for what makes a good knife. If I've learned anything, it's dont underestimate anyone one or thing and don't knock it until you've tried it. Lol, this is the most I've wrote at one time in a long time. That being said, Ill get to the pics. Hope yall enjoy and thank you for letting me share.
Btw, wander what a Spyderco/Medford collab would be like :D
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Naperville
Member
Posts: 1598
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby Naperville » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 pm
Naperville wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm
Is that a Hinderer 3.5 inch Fatty Harpoon Tanto? I have one too. Excellent knife for the Winter, in case you have to go through someone's leather jacket.

I have one Medford, the USMC Fighter in S35VN. Quite a nice knife.
Thank you, but, no. Its the new Tri-Way Eklipse. Just regular blade stock.
That USMC Fighter is incredible.
I also feel that it and many Medford knives are just misunderstood. This 187 can slice like hell.
Reason I say misunderstood, is because someone started a thread on BF about the USMC Fighter being misunderstood.
I don't doubt anything Greg Medford puts out......its going perform and perform highly....
There are a couple more knives from Medford that I want, but my income has taken a hit, and they are on hold. Stocking up on Spyderco knives. Might even get the new Spartan Harsey dagger. But that is about it for the next six months.
Spyderco Collection: Military (S110V), Bob Lum Darn Dao(CPM-154), Yojimbo 2 (1 in S30V & 2 in 20CV), Sustain(20CV), Native 5(Maxamet), Jumpmaster 2(H1), Province(4V). SHORT LIST: CF Shaman(S90V), Native Chief, Street Bowie(4V at 60+ HRC), Nightstick, Yojumbo.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7551
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: New MKT 187 DP CPM-3V

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Naperville wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 pm
Naperville wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm
Is that a Hinderer 3.5 inch Fatty Harpoon Tanto? I have one too. Excellent knife for the Winter, in case you have to go through someone's leather jacket.

I have one Medford, the USMC Fighter in S35VN. Quite a nice knife.
Thank you, but, no. Its the new Tri-Way Eklipse. Just regular blade stock.
That USMC Fighter is incredible.
I also feel that it and many Medford knives are just misunderstood. This 187 can slice like hell.
Reason I say misunderstood, is because someone started a thread on BF about the USMC Fighter being misunderstood.
I don't doubt anything Greg Medford puts out......its going perform and perform highly....
There are a couple more knives from Medford that I want, but my income has taken a hit, and they are on hold. Stocking up on Spyderco knives. Might even get the new Spartan Harsey dagger. But that is about it for the next six months.
Yeah, I like that Spartan Harsey.
And, I hope to own just a couple more Medfords.
I would really like to get a Praetorian and maybe a Proxima.
Someone told me it was the real dark horse in the Medford stable.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Mastiff and 11 guests