Unusual knives you own

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9697
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Unusual knives you own

Postby Doc Dan » Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 am

What unusual knives do you all own?

Here is mine. This is a first edition, pre-Gerber Rolox. I have forgotten the model name. It is a lock back but the blade rocks up and comes out of the front. It is a pretty little knife.

Image

It is one hand opening but requires two hands to close.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
kwakster
Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby kwakster » Wed May 06, 2020 12:00 pm

This German made vintage Artus Flex knife would classify: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/vin ... t-19332475

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Image

Specs:

Overall length: 24,6 cm
Blade length: 12,7 cm
Blade thickness: 0,96 mm (!)
Steel: most likely Becut
Handle materials: steel guard & molded rubber grip
Sheath: plastic with spring steel inserts
Weight (knife only): 119,3 grams
Weight (knife + sheath): 260 grams
Last edited by kwakster on Tue May 12, 2020 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2299
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Larry_Mott » Wed May 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Czech amputation knife

Image

Corsican "Vendetta"

Image
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Resized_20191004_082512.jpeg
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9697
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Doc Dan » Wed May 06, 2020 11:39 pm

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:08 pm
Czech amputation knife

Image

Corsican "Vendetta"

Image
I’d say that amputation knife is pretty unusual. I hope you’ve never used it :eek:
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9697
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Doc Dan » Wed May 06, 2020 11:40 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Resized_20191004_082512.jpeg
I don’t know what it is, but it’s wicked looking.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Ldg
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Ldg » Thu May 07, 2020 4:27 pm

A364B713-4B8B-4F15-9F47-B68AB77404E1.jpeg
Grandpas fighting knife from ww2
Attachments
EF4B014A-6BA3-41B5-BC24-5EF7B45131CF.jpeg

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby The Meat man » Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Ldg wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:27 pm
A364B713-4B8B-4F15-9F47-B68AB77404E1.jpeg
That's a real treasure! What theatre did your grandfather serve in?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

User avatar
Halfneck
Member
Posts: 1791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:51 am
Location: Calhoun, Georgia.

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Halfneck » Thu May 07, 2020 5:18 pm

OSS Sleeve Dagger
Attachments
OSS.jpg

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22210
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Evil D » Thu May 07, 2020 5:29 pm

These are some old pics but you get the idea. I was told this is a "paratrooper knife" but you know how knife names go, so much of it is hype and sales pitch. It's weird how it opens and closes though.


Image
Image
Image
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

James Y
Member
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby James Y » Thu May 07, 2020 5:50 pm

I’ve never been able to post pics, but mine is the Kershaw Double Cross. It’s a wood-handled, 2-blade traditional pocketknife with a clip point main blade, and a Wharncliffe secondary blade on the opposite end. The blades have both traditional nail nicks as well as thumb studs, and instead of having backsprings, the blades are held open with a dual liner lock, and held closed with the ball detents. It’s beautifully made in Japan, but it was discontinued sometime ago.

The guy who posted this video misnamed the clip point as a drop point, and the Wharncliffe as a sheepsfoot, but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/GXsuNBxJqpI

Jim

User avatar
Ldg
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Ldg » Thu May 07, 2020 8:17 pm

He served in the navy, and was on a LST the majority of the time. He also said he ran the Higgins boats up to the beach’s on many occasions. He was in Europe the hole time.

OldHoosier62
Member
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby OldHoosier62 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 pm

Evil D wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:29 pm
These are some old pics but you get the idea. I was told this is a "paratrooper knife" but you know how knife names go, so much of it is hype and sales pitch. It's weird how it opens and closes though.


Image
Image
Image
It is a modern copy of one version of a WW2 German paratroopers knife. The other version is a gravity knife. I'd post pictures but nothing I ever post works here.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9697
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Doc Dan » Thu May 07, 2020 11:51 pm

James Y wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:50 pm
I’ve never been able to post pics, but mine is the Kershaw Double Cross. It’s a wood-handled, 2-blade traditional pocketknife with a clip point main blade, and a Wharncliffe secondary blade on the opposite end. The blades have both traditional nail nicks as well as thumb studs, and instead of having backsprings, the blades are held open with a dual liner lock, and held closed with the ball detents. It’s beautifully made in Japan, but it was discontinued sometime ago.

The guy who posted this video misnamed the clip point as a drop point, and the Wharncliffe as a sheepsfoot, but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/GXsuNBxJqpI

Jim
I had one of those. It was a good knife. I stupidly let it get away.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9697
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Doc Dan » Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 pm

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 pm
Evil D wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:29 pm
These are some old pics but you get the idea. I was told this is a "paratrooper knife" but you know how knife names go, so much of it is hype and sales pitch. It's weird how it opens and closes though.


Image
Image
Image
It is a modern copy of one version of a WW2 German paratroopers knife. The other version is a gravity knife. I'd post pictures but nothing I ever post works here.
Use postimage.org, select the picture, then click Hotlink for Forums. Then paste it. Simple.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9697
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Doc Dan » Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 pm

Those are some cool knives. I really like that OSS Sleeve Dagger. The WW2 fighting knife is pretty awesome too.
That German Paratrooper knife is very interesting.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7057
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby MacLaren » Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Resized_20191004_082512.jpeg
COBRA!!!!
I hear ya homie!!! A little Marion Cobretti action there Rickster :D

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri May 08, 2020 8:34 am

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Resized_20191004_082512.jpeg
COBRA!!!!
I hear ya homie!!! A little Marion Cobretti action there Rickster :D
Hahah, that's my "just in case" knife that I keep in my truck. Wouldn't work against someone carrying a gun, but would likely scare off any other person attempting harm/road rage/etc. :cool:
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby Mushroom » Fri May 08, 2020 8:36 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 am
What unusual knives do you all own?

Here is mine. This is a first edition, pre-Gerber Rolox. I have forgotten the model name. It is a lock back but the blade rocks up and comes out of the front. It is a pretty little knife.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/xjWGBN2q/0-F64-E81 ... D12-AE.jpg [mg]

It is one hand opening but requires two hands to close.

I'll have to pull it out from storage, but I have a knife very similar to that one Doc. It has the same deployment method, but is a different brand.

I'll try ti get some pics today.
- Nick

:spyder:

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 7057
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: Unusual knives you own

Postby MacLaren » Fri May 08, 2020 8:38 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:34 am
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Resized_20191004_082512.jpeg
COBRA!!!!
I hear ya homie!!! A little Marion Cobretti action there Rickster :D
Hahah, that's my "just in case" knife that I keep in my truck. Wouldn't work against someone carrying a gun, but would likely scare off any other person attempting harm/road rage/etc. :cool:
Haha, no worries!
I freakin love it!! I've been lookin for one on and off since I that dang movie lol
If ya dont mind, where did you find it??


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests