What's Cookin'?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Enactive » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:20 pm

IMG_20200924_184905sm.jpg
This photo is a few weeks old-- but we had salmon and scallops again last night! Tis the season. :cool:

This photo is sockeye but the latest round was king.

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7571
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Nice!

User avatar
M Sea
Member
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:20 am
Location: Margaritaville

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby M Sea » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:14 pm

Gonna throw down on these later!
E6385DC3-11F4-4200-9CCD-F0356F24E063.jpeg
:spyder:
Instagram @island_style_knives

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5400
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:53 pm

My wife has some kind of french onion chicken going on in the Crock-Pot today. Smells pretty amazing from the man cave!
23 :spyder:'s in 13 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays

-Rick

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Enactive » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:30 pm
Nice!
If that was at me, Thanks! :D

We have an abundance of great seafood out here!

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4424
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby The Meat man » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:58 pm

I made a batch of hot sauce a few days ago, and finally got it properly bottled this evening. It's my first major attempt at making hot sauce and I think it turned out alright. Got 6 bottles out of it.
I used ghost peppers and tomatoes grown from our garden in this batch. About 20 peppers, total, went into this batch. It's pretty hot but not overpowering. Lots of flavor, too.

Image
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7571
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Grilled chicken legs Image

User avatar
M Sea
Member
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:20 am
Location: Margaritaville

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby M Sea » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:28 am

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:58 pm
I made a batch of hot sauce a few days ago, and finally got it properly bottled this evening. It's my first major attempt at making hot sauce and I think it turned out alright. Got 6 bottles out of it.
I used ghost peppers and tomatoes grown from our garden in this batch. About 20 peppers, total, went into this batch. It's pretty hot but not overpowering. Lots of flavor, too.

Image
Thats awesome, very cool. I am all about some hot sauce!!
:spyder:
Instagram @island_style_knives

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5400
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:45 am

Speaking of hot sauce, have you guys ever watched the show "hot ones"?? It's pretty entertaining, you can find many of them on youtube. If you haven't, it's a host that interviews various celebrities while sitting at a table together. They eat about 10 chicken wings, starting at some fairly mild ones, to ones that are so hot people react in the funniest/craziest ways.
23 :spyder:'s in 13 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays

-Rick

User avatar
M Sea
Member
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:20 am
Location: Margaritaville

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby M Sea » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:44 pm

Ha, cool!
:spyder:
Instagram @island_style_knives

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4424
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby The Meat man » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:42 pm

M Sea wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:28 am
The Meat man wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:58 pm
I made a batch of hot sauce a few days ago, and finally got it properly bottled this evening. It's my first major attempt at making hot sauce and I think it turned out alright. Got 6 bottles out of it.
I used ghost peppers and tomatoes grown from our garden in this batch. About 20 peppers, total, went into this batch. It's pretty hot but not overpowering. Lots of flavor, too.

[Img]https://i.imgur.com/2BJar6w.jpg[/img
Thats awesome, very cool. I am all about some hot sauce!!
It's good stuff! Just went out and picked another 15 ghost peppers. I'll probably make another batch of the same, maybe a bit hotter this time.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4424
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby The Meat man » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:49 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:45 am
Speaking of hot sauce, have you guys ever watched the show "hot ones"?? It's pretty entertaining, you can find many of them on youtube. If you haven't, it's a host that interviews various celebrities while sitting at a table together. They eat about 10 chicken wings, starting at some fairly mild ones, to ones that are so hot people react in the funniest/craziest ways.
Ha ha! I'll have to check that out!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

benben
Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina.

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby benben » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:06 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:58 pm
I made a batch of hot sauce a few days ago, and finally got it properly bottled this evening. It's my first major attempt at making hot sauce and I think it turned out alright. Got 6 bottles out of it.
I used ghost peppers and tomatoes grown from our garden in this batch. About 20 peppers, total, went into this batch. It's pretty hot but not overpowering. Lots of flavor, too.

Image
I have a guy in our parts department who makes his own hot sauce, this guy is a phenomenal cook anyway, does some competition cooking on the side. Pretty sure the hottest peppers he uses is habaneros and scotch bonnets, definitely enough to get your attention but with incredible flavor!

His looks identical to yours color wise, I bet yours taste great!

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4424
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby The Meat man » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:38 pm

benben wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:06 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:58 pm
I made a batch of hot sauce a few days ago, and finally got it properly bottled this evening. It's my first major attempt at making hot sauce and I think it turned out alright. Got 6 bottles out of it.
I used ghost peppers and tomatoes grown from our garden in this batch. About 20 peppers, total, went into this batch. It's pretty hot but not overpowering. Lots of flavor, too.

[Img]https://i.imgur.com/2BJar6w.jpg[/img
I have a guy in our parts department who makes his own hot sauce, this guy is a phenomenal cook anyway, does some competition cooking on the side. Pretty sure the hottest peppers he uses is habaneros and scotch bonnets, definitely enough to get your attention but with incredible flavor!

His looks identical to yours color wise, I bet yours taste great!
Thanks benben! That's pretty cool. Yeah I like hot sauce to actually be flavorful, not just hot. Sounds like your guy makes pretty good stuff!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4424
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby The Meat man » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Another batch of hot sauce, ready to go in the oven:

Image
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3270
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Sumdumguy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:36 pm

Brined pork chops, cooked to perfection!

Image

Image

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7571
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Nice!

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3270
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Sumdumguy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:53 pm

Thanks, it was quite delicious. But, I ate way too much of it! :D

Tomorrow, I'll be doing a strange take on a pumpkin pie.

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7571
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:58 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:53 pm
Thanks, it was quite delicious. But, I ate way too much of it! :D

Tomorrow, I'll be doing a strange take on a pumpkin pie.
Leaving the stem on? Lol

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3270
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: What's Cookin'?

Postby Sumdumguy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:03 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:58 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:53 pm
Thanks, it was quite delicious. But, I ate way too much of it! :D

Tomorrow, I'll be doing a strange take on a pumpkin pie.
Leaving the stem on? Lol
No, the horses. :p


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ankerson, GiftedMisfit, Naperville and 13 guests