How are you doing today?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

How are you doing today?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

In the crazy times we're in right now, something EVERYONE all over the world understands and is dealing with one way or another (which is mind blowing) I just wanted to start this thread just to ask...how are you doing today? We're all here for the same reason, the same hobby in a very small spot of the internet. I've developed some great internet friendships here over the past few years, and appreciate everyone's content and communication. I sometimes find if I don't see a familiar username post in a few days, I look them up and check their last sign in date and hope everything is ok.

We've had some interesting, off the wall off-topic conversations. I just want to know how everyone is doing, how you're holding up? Hoping you and yours are healthy and remaining safe.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bearrowland

Re: How are you doing today?

Post by bearrowland »

Doing good! Been off from work on a pre-order time off, so I've been trying to get some exercise with my son and our two sheepdogs. I just got the hard copy of th 2020 Spyderco catalog to keep me occupied between podcasts and family time. My older son, in Coast Guard, is restricted to his area, as are we, so we're getting creative with FaceTime. Hoping everyone here is still safe and well. Thank God for our Forum!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

All fine over here. Thankfully I am an "essential" employee so I still have work, so weekdays haven't changed much for us. Life has slowed down a bit, but that's not all bad either. Weekends are different since church services were cancelled.

We've been getting a lot of rain lately and last week we had a thunderstorm with golf-ball-sized hail. Broke some window shutters, plastic patio furniture, and pulverized the gutter guards. Also severely dented my car and truck and put some new cracks in the pickup windshield. It was the worst hail I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited by The Meat man on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

bearrowland wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:48 am
Doing good! Been off from work on a pre-order time off, so I've been trying to get some exercise with my son and our two sheepdogs. I just got the hard copy of th 2020 Spyderco catalog to keep me occupied between podcasts and family time. My older son, in Coast Guard, is restricted to his area, as are we, so we're getting creative with FaceTime. Hoping everyone here is still safe and well. Thank God for our Forum!
What podcasts do you listen to Barry?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Mostly Art of Manliness Connor. Nice variety of things!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Pretty dang good.
That M15 trigger pull was 2.5 pounds!! I'm happy as a pig in chit :D
Gas is $1.81 where I live.
I dont get out, but I did have to get some lawn mower gas and fill my truck up. So, that was an added bonus.
Besides that were all just holed up havin a good time.
We do however pray for those that are less fortunate.
We also pray for those that are on the front lines of this pandemic.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m smoking six racks of baby back ribs right now for the neighborhood. Going to have a pot luck for everyone at our house tonight!
Josh
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

At work by myself and bored and waiting to leave. I have the next three days off! Looking forward to shooting guns and going fishing. Probably gonna put the big hurt on a handle of Makers Mark tonight.

Chilling with Coli, the work cat. Yes, we have a work cat. :)

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

bearrowland wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:53 am
Hey yeah I subscribe to that one. Excellent content!
- Connor

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I really enjoy it. It's an education!
The Meat man wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:22 pm
bearrowland wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:53 am
Hey yeah I subscribe to that one. Excellent content!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

murphjd25 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:13 pm
I’m smoking six racks of baby back ribs right now for the neighborhood. Going to have a pot luck for everyone at our house tonight!
Not to be a Debbie downer, but isn't that a risky thing to be doing right now? I know where I live, you would be charged with a misdemeanor for that right now!

-Rick
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Doing ok so far, still working. Today I'm off work so I'm working on a bicycle project with my daughter. This whole thing is a hot mess and I fear it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, but I try hard to just focus on today and do what I can to prepare for it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:16 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Not to be a Debbie downer, but isn't that a risky thing to be doing right now? I know where I live, you would be charged with a misdemeanor for that right now!
Cuomo has threatened fines but I haven’t heard anything about criminal charges. Even for NY that sounds like a reach.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The only problem I'm having here locally where I'm at ( Kansas City, MO USA Earth) is that people are still in panic mode over food and paper products. Which I find utterly ridiculous :rolleyes: . I'm actually doing well my own self. I've been trying to help elderly and handicapped people in my neighborhood and have been volunteering at my church as well and it's really taken my mind off things.

In the 66 years I've been on this planet I've never experienced anything like this virus shutdown at all. It does baffle me however to see so many people so anxiety ridden>> yeah and I'm talking about adults too. We have access to most of our eating places but it's only drive-thru or curbside.

Everything I need is available here locally. Our local Target store is the best. If you get there when they open at 9:00am CDT you can get anything you need. But it's another story two hours later. The only civil unrest we have here is a skyrocketing jump in domestic violence cases. People seem to be over-reacting to the whole scenario unfortunately :(
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

Well. we got out for a walk today.. nice to get out of Fort Chicken for a bit.. Stayed off the park paths and went exploring some of the back streets in our neighbourhood.. Nice day for it, , -7C sunny and no wind, bit of snow still on the ground... very quiet, no-one out at all... Local grocery stores are offering a "seniors only" hour from 07:00-08:00 so we might take advantage of that next week, need to top up on some stuff..
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

murphjd25 wrote:
Seriously?
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:48 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:16 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Cuomo has threatened fines but I haven’t heard anything about criminal charges. Even for NY that sounds like a reach.
I know your wife has family in the general area, I'm pretty sure I've read someone had a party after all these orders and the property owner received a fine and misdemeanor. I'll try to find the link where I read it. Pretty sure it was a local news source.

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Better than my yard shoe! :D

Everyone here at home is doing well, just some cabin fever. I'm an essential so at least I get to go to the office, but it's slow. Did pass a little baseball in the yard, so I'm practically an MLBer now :)

PS: Spyderhawk's are dangerous.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

I am doing fine here in NC.

Been keeping pretty busy doing assorted things.

Got a routine that I am following currently to have some normal in these times.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm
I am doing fine here in NC.

Been keeping pretty busy doing assorted things.

Got a routine that I am following currently to have some normal in these times.
That's good Jim. You deserve some normal time.