Let’s write a story together

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
legOFwhat?

Re: Let’s write a story together

Post by legOFwhat? »

As dusk turned to pitch we all gathered 'round, our patriarch Sal burst with a sound: "Sprints for us all for telling this story, you keep this place live and it's never boring."
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

And as the apparitions faded away, we wondered whether those mushrooms hadn’t been okay to eat after all... What was real, and what was just the product of our imaginations, stoked by the feared Enablers lurking in the shadows and forever infiltrating our devices?

“It’s no good, no good at all” my partner muttered “if we want *that* we’re going to have to ....”
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

......grin and bear it, little buddy. Its gonna burn....a lot, ....well at least it did last time.....dang you,! little buddy!
You know I get when we eat these darn things!
Ha!!! I know how YOU get when we eat wild shrooms!
The last time that happened you came back with a tattoo that said " Privately Owned by Joe Exotic!!!
marty_bill_

Re: Let’s write a story togethe

Post by marty_bill_ »

True! But a good story never has started out with a "good idea"! The best stories have started out with "hold my beer and watch this!" At least the ones people remember, cherish, and talk about. And the tattoos and scars to prove it! Good thing I have plenty! And nothing to prove but the wisdom that comes from the hard knocks. Not that I won't do some pretty stupid **** still! But hopefully someone else can fill that "crazy sumbitch" role. And for the the youngster striving to get ahead just............
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

...to get ahead with selfish, self-centered dreams of fame and fortune, such a youngster would be smart to sit back and listen to the words of wisdom from Sal, the Most Interesting Man in the World, who once said...
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

..."
My musings were cut short by the sudden appearance of a biplane flying in low over the horizon, about half a mile away. It was coming toward us fast, and as it approached we looked around desperately for somewhere to hide...
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

The trash dumpster behind Mrs. Kitty’s discount massage parlor didn’t look too inviting but one more quick glance at the fast approaching plane and we were diving headfirst into the bin where we found ourselves waist deep in...
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Kimchi from the Korean restaurant next door. We had to cut ourselves free with our Spyderco...
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Luckily, Doc and I were carrying our beloved SE HB Ladybugs which made short work of the mess.

Poor Gringo struggled with his Smock and even though we tried our utmost to free him, time was against us ...
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

... as it was getting close to opening time. With heavy hearts we closed the lid behind us, wiped off our hawkbill Labybugs, losing the last of our shirt buttons in the process, and with renewed resolve ....
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

....we set our eyes at the real task at hand. Edge retention was going to be our strongest need, so we whipped out our....
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

K390 and Maxamet knives in a race to see which would last the longest. The problem was...
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

, we had run out of time. The biplane roared overhead, dropping a small cylinder that hit the ground and began spewing out a thick, choking cloud of green smoke. Unsure of what this meant, we quickly pocketed our knives and...
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

...fled back into the house. As we peered out the window, we realized it wasn't a biplane at all, rather a spaceship with a large, saucer-like forward portion, a thick, elongated cylindrical portion below, and two longer, narrow cylinders coming off that. And, it wasn't green smoke, but...
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!