Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Hopweaver

Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Post by Hopweaver »

Do you have a favorite TV show you can share with those of us who are spending more time at home? Many TV series (Old & New) are available online through streaming services. Here are some I can recommend. Of all the ones listed below that are worthy of binge watching, my favorite is probably Bosch or Red Oaks:

Netflix:
Stranger Things
Locke & Key
Peaky Blinders (turn on subtitles)
Dexter
Sherlock
Lost in Space

Amazon Prime Video
Bosch
Red Oaks
Sneak Pete
Jack Ryan
The Marvelous Ms. Maisel
Alias
Burn Notice

CBS All Access
NCIS

HULU
The Orville
The Good Place
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Ankerson

Re: Recommend TV Shows to binge watch while you Shelter-in-Place

Post by Ankerson »

For people who have cable etc.

Dexter - Showtime

Sopranos - HBO

Boardwalk Empire - HBO

Spartacus - All 3 seasons. - Showtime

True Detective. - HBO

NCIS - all of them are on just about every day.

Crimminal Minds - On just about everyday.

Supernatural - On everyday. M-F

Justified - if you have Netflix.

Magnum PI - Hallmark - On M-F.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Can second the recommendations above for Bosch, Boardwalk Empire, Justified.. awesome shows!

Just started True Detective Season 3.. pretty good so far..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Barry - HBO

Good for some laughs, plus Henry Winkler is in it! Need I say more?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Battlestar Galactica. Old or new, love them both. Wish they would have continued with Caprica, I was really getting into it...
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I wish the SyFy Channel would do a TWILIGHT ZONE marathon until this virus mess is over the hump.

Also I never get bored watching re-runs of Ozzie & Harriet along with "Leave it To Beaver" :o I'm not dating myself am I :o
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm
I wish the SyFy Channel would do a TWILIGHT ZONE marathon until this virus mess is over the hump.

Also I never get bored watching re-runs of Ozzie & Harriet along with "Leave it To Beaver" :o I'm not dating myself am I :o

I like the older shows too.

Like:

Bewitched, I Dream Of Jennie, Wild, Wild West etc.

They are all on M-F.

Also Starz Encore has some older series on demand for those who have cable.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

A few more bingeable Netflix branded series to consider would Longmire, Designated Survivor, Narcos, and Narcos Mexico. There are also a few great Netflix branded movies, including Highwaymen, The Irishman, and El Camino (if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, Netflix also has the entire series and you should watch it before watching El Camino).

If you like police shows, have Amazon Prime, and have not already watched The Wire, do yourself a favor and watch it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don’t watch much tv usually but I did start watching Tiger King on Netflix and it is the most amazing train wreck I have ever seen. Wow!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm
I don’t watch much tv usually but I did start watching Tiger King on Netflix and it is the most amazing train wreck I have ever seen. Wow!

I've only watched ones available in English but I've found Netflix's branded offerings among them to be a mixed bag. The ones I've watched have included some great series and some great movies, but they've also had quite a few of both types that stunk worse than week old mackerel. I do wish they had a way of removing a title from your "Keep Watching" menu rather than having to let something you watched 15 minutes of the first episode and hated just sit there for months before it finally disappears.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
James Y

Post by James Y »

I like old shows, too.

But one of the very few new shows I like is Brooklyn 99. It’s on Thursday nights. Although I’ve forgotten to watch it for the past couple weeks. But it’s one of the few comedy shows that has actually made me laugh out loud.

Jim
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

The Deacon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:31 pm
A few more bingeable Netflix branded series to consider would Longmire, Designated Survivor, Narcos, and Narcos Mexico. There are also a few great Netflix branded movies, including Highwaymen, The Irishman, and El Camino (if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, Netflix also has the entire series and you should watch it before watching El Camino).

If you like police shows, have Amazon Prime, and have not already watched The Wire, do yourself a favor and watch it.
Almost all of the above get my strong recommendation as well. You can also get the first 3 seasons of Better Call Saul on Netflix as well. I'm re-watching The Wire currently.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

12 Monkeys TV series on SyFy.

The movie's good too.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Oddly enough I've not been watching TV much at all during this Virus Shutdown here in our area. I've kind of been glued to the internet and have been volunteering for my church to help old confined people that can't get out. There are 3 websites that have really good recent news on this Corona outbreak and they are www.stevequayle.com, www.naturalnews.com and www.zerohedge.com. I've also got a couple of foreign ( out of the USA) websites I've been watching around the clock trying to keep up on the latest news.

I've totally quit on the mainstream news media. I just hope that the internet stays up while all of this is going on.

I did watch "Me TV" ( a popular re-run channel) late one night with Gilligan's Island, Sea Hunt, and the Wild, Wild West. But that's been about it for me.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 pm
Oddly enough I've not been watching TV much at all during this Virus Shutdown here in our area. I've kind of been glued to the internet and have been volunteering for my church to help old confined people that can't get out. There are 3 websites that have really good recent news on this Corona outbreak and they are www.stevequayle.com, www.naturalnews.com and www.zerohedge.com. I've also got a couple of foreign ( out of the USA) websites I've been watching around the clock trying to keep up on the latest news.

I've totally quit on the mainstream news media. I just hope that the internet stays up while all of this is going on.

I did watch "Me TV" ( a popular re-run channel) late one night with Gilligan's Island, Sea Hunt, and the Wild, Wild West. But that's been about it for me.

FETV also has a lot of older shows too. :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Endeavor

Have Gun will travel

Jack Ryan

Inspector Morse
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

We’re not completely shut down here yet, but no doubt we’re not far away from it.

I’m looking forward to rewatching all five seasons of The Wire.

If you keep your eyes open, a lot of the knife cameos in the series are Spydies too.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Just finished Tiger King last night. Holy @%@# .. "Amazing train wreck" is a pretty accurate description.. you just can't look away! Absolutely outrageous hahah!

https://youtu.be/acTdxsoa428
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Just finished Tiger King last night. Holy @%@# .. "Amazing train wreck" is a pretty accurate description.. you just can't look away! Absolutely outrageous hahah!

https://youtu.be/acTdxsoa428
It was epic! He isn’t even the craziest one!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I guess you have to be an absolute psychopath to own big cats! Because all the owners in that documentary are insane!!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb