Watch out for those around you

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Watch out for those around you

Post by Doc Dan »

Last night I made bread with sunflower seeds for our night security guards. Because of the shutdown I was afraid they had no food. I was right. All one guard had was some gravy. We all need to think about such people and make sure they have food. What of the elderly shut ins around us? What of the handicapped? What of the single parent who is not working because of this mess? We cannot assume someone is caring for them.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Naperville

Re: Watch out for those around you

Post by Naperville »

Excellent suggestion. If you can provide a basket for a neighbor who is elderly, this is the time to do it.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

My wife was talking to her long time friend in Long Beach CA (her best friend while we were dating). She's over 80 and is still driving around shopping. I told her to tell her to stop, but if she must (they do have early openings for seniors, so I imagine there's a chance of staying 6 feet away from everyone), told her to get her address and we'll send her some of my nitile gloves and one of my 3M masks that I used to use in indoor ranges for lead abatement (I know it's not designed for virus like the only available to medical workers N95, but any port in a storm right).
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:14 pm
Last night I made bread with sunflower seeds for our night security guards. Because of the shutdown I was afraid they had no food. I was right. All one guard had was some gravy. We all need to think about such people and make sure they have food. What of the elderly shut ins around us? What of the handicapped? What of the single parent who is not working because of this mess? We cannot assume someone is caring for them.
You’re a good man, Doc. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Very good Doc! Difficult times bring out the worst in some people and the best in others. We should all strive to be the latter. :)

Circumstances don’t make the man, they only reveal him to himself.
-Epictetis
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?