NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
p_atrick

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by p_atrick »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:47 pm
If Pats want a receiver they can have Gallup in exchange for Stephon Gilmore :D

Gilmore basically said he won't be playing on his current deal, he wants a raise. Still okay with that trade? Would you give up draft capital to make the deal work?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

p_atrick wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:59 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:47 pm
If Pats want a receiver they can have Gallup in exchange for Stephon Gilmore :D

Gilmore basically said he won't be playing on his current deal, he wants a raise. Still okay with that trade? Would you give up draft capital to make the deal work?
Nope. Trade offer withdrawn lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

p_atrick wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:49 pm
With Newton under center this year, the clock has started ticking for 2022. Stidham is still young enough that he can take the next step in his development, but he hasn't really shown anything in his limited playing time. There really isn't a free agent QB out there worth a contract when compared to options currently on the roster. I supposed they could make a trade, but a deal for Watson is going to hinder the team's ability to add future talent via the draft. Wilson doesn't want to go to New England. Jimmy G is often linked to the Patriots, but I don't think that would be a good idea. Maybe somebody becomes available after the draft. You figure they need to draft a QB, right? Rumors that Gilmore might be traded, which could help the team add another pick or two. Plus the team upgraded their picks in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds. The team has options, but there are no easy answers for the long-term QB. It will come down to player development.
I agree that they're most likely looking to the draft for a QB. If they were targeting any QB in a trade, I would think it's Jimmy G because of their familiarity with him but I still doubt he's leaving the 49ers. I'm wondering how aggressive they will be in the draft. After today, I don't doubt that they would trade up if they think they can get "their guy."

Gilmore is my favorite player on the team right now, so I'm not looking forward to seeing him go but it's inevitable. He's not going to play at his current deal and I don't think Belichick wants to pay him market value. He's one of, if not, their best trade assets right now too.

It was mostly a cap dump, but I still liked their trade with Houston to upgrade all those draft picks in the late rounds.

Today was a very unorthodox day for Belichick and the Patriots. They spent more today than they're ever spent on any free agency ever, so he's clearly very serious about building the team this year. I'm a big fan of the moves they made today too. They were desperate for an upgrade at tight end, so I'm very happy to see them land Jonnu Smith, who was one of the top free agent tight ends available. They paid a top of market price at a low paid position and got a huge, much needed, upgrade.

Signing Matt Judon from the Ravens was another big move. Pass rush and run defense were also in need of an upgrade and Judon should be able to help with both. They also signed two other defensive tackles today, hopefully to help with run defense.

In the past couple hours, they've also added two new wide receivers - Kendrick Bourne from the 49ers and Nelson Agholor from the Raiders. They're being more aggressive than ever before and it's very promising to see. :)

On a complete opposite note, it was bittersweet to see Joe Thuney leave the Patriots. He was an absolute iron man for them, never missed a snap and was always performing very well. He's also a very versatile player. Thuney is getting a well deserved pay day and the Chiefs are getting a stud at offensive guard!
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Pats are going bonkers today/tonight!! Interesting couple of WR's they snagged. No clear cut #1 WR! For all the years of success they had, it's incredible they really only had a true #1 when they had Randy Moss.

I'm not sure if these two guys are enough, especially with Cam. Agholor is a deep threat, something Cam struggles with. Bourne is ho hum. Smith could be something, as Cam and Greg Olson always had a great report in Carolina.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Now they signed ANOTHER tight end! 60+MILLION DOLLARS for 2 tight ends in the past 2 days?? No clue what their doing there, though at least Hunter Henry has proved himself the past few years as long as he isn't injured. Honestly not sure what to think of these 4 new additions they've spent close to 150 million dollars on the past 2 days. Not really anybody that's going to scare a defense, especially with Cam behind center.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bill is out there having fun
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

They've now signed the two best tight ends on the market! They desperately needed receiving threats and it's a lot easier to pay tight ends top of the market value than it is to pay a receiver top of the market value. It seems like they're going back to their two tight end sets that they've been very successful with in the past.

I love seeing them this aggressive and all the reports I see keep saying they're not done adding pieces yet! Then there is the draft... Safe to say I'm happy with this offseason so far.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

So are the bears going to draft a QB early or what? I guess Seattle rejected their trade offer for russ. Dalton is just Foles but without a ring
Spydergirl88
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Dalton got quite the pay raise too. Wilson is basically left with the Raiders as the only team on his list. Watson is still with the Texans. I thought one of them would have been traded by now.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

"DUH BEARS" Is all i gotta say about that move!! I feel for their fans, all those high hopes for Russ and this is what happens. Good chunk of money there, is Dalton really better than Trubisky?? Wonder if they plan on moving him?

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Tell ya what gang, if Watson clears his name then imo, there should be some serious consequences, sanctions, fines, even disbarred, for that lawyer and the person that filed the frivolous lawsuit against Watson.
However, if Watson is guilty let justice be done of course. This just really smells like bullshit to me.....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:44 am
Tell ya what gang, if Watson clears his name then imo, there should be some serious consequences, sanctions, fines, even disbarred, for that lawyer and the person that filed the frivolous lawsuit against Watson.
However, if Watson is guilty let justice be done of course. This just really smells like bullshit to me.....
I saw last night that the Texans signed Tyrod Taylor for a good chunk of money and was thinking maybe that meant that Watson was on the move...but now I see this report and it makes me wonder if maybe they are just covering their butt in case they lose him over legal matters.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

$5 says the texans are behind this lawsuit leak to the media
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Seattle is high for not taking this rumored trade offer from the Bears: Russ for THREE 1sts, a 3rd and 2 starting players.
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wow! I can't see anyone beating that offer. Seattle must be serious when they say he's not available.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:05 am
$5 says the texans are behind this lawsuit leak to the media
Yup!!

But, if he actually did what he is accused of then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
I have a little girl and I shudder to think that anything like that would ever happen to her.
It's very serious business accusations like this.
Makes me think of Big Ben. And, I always wander whether or not he did those things.
It's just sad that sometimes guys are framed and even worse when it really does happen and the guy gets away with it.
I'm sorry for the ramble, but based on my earlier post, I don't want you to think I'm insensitive to this.
It's just this Watson thing just doesn't sound right.
I could be totally wrong though.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:35 am
Wow! I can't see anyone beating that offer. Seattle must be serious when they say he's not available.
I mean Miami could package pick #3 with Tua plus other stuff. Miami gets their franchise QB and this still have a pick in the first round this year. Not sure if this makes sense for Miami, but the relative difference in draft position (this year at least) could top the Chicago offer.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

That's a good point! Miami does have a lot of draft capital to work with and they could send back a "potential" franchise QB in Tua.

I think Miami would probably be more apt to target Watson over Wilson but I've seen reports about Watson saying the two destinations he would prefer to go to are Denver and San Francisco. So it might not be worth it for Miami to pursue him right now either. He has the no trade clause in his contract too, so its possible that he will try to direct where he does actually end up.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I dunno gang. There's like 12 other complaints now against Deshaun Watson.
The League is now investigating.
I wander who the league hires as investigators?
Ex-F.B.I. maybe?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yeah you don't hire masseuses from Instagram... Especially young beautiful ones with minimal massage experience.... He can't use the excuse of covid closing down all the massage shops... You have professional masseuse contacts through the Texans you can use and you don't have to fly them in from out of state like you did with the women accusing you... Also there are plenty of male physical therapists on the training staff that can assist you...
Spydergirl88