NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by SG89 »

Tom Brady doesn't want to resign with the Patriots... Is this a ploy or is he really done with NE? Where do you think he will sign? I am thinking Chargers.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Hate to say it but he is moving on. I think Bill has had his mind made up on this for a while. As a life long Pats fan this triggers a bit of an emotional response from me. I hate to see it. I also have my doubts that he will do well. He is gonna walk into a new system at his age? If he doesn’t end up on a team with viable receivers that can protect him in the pocket then he is in trouble. If he doesn’t find the right fit then it is going to be a Favre situation all over again. On the other hand, if he does find the right fit it could be a Manning/Bronco’s scenario all over again. Time will tell.

The big question is who is gonna fill his spot? Should have kept Jimmy G I guess? I think that is what Bill wanted to do back when he got traded away. Maybe a veteran like Andy Dalton or Philip Rivers? They could keep them winning the division while they develop a young QB? I don’t personally like either of these. They are familiar with Brisset so that could work and Bridgewater looked good this year and he is young enough to build around. Who knows?

Also kind of surprised by some of the new collective bargaining agreement. Seventeen game seasons and extended playoffs? Seems like a way to increase revenue but it also exposes the payers to more risk of injury.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

As a Patriots fan, I will forever be grateful for what Tom Brady did for this team. He helped to create the greatest dynasty in sports history while also sealing his spot in stone as the greatest QB that will ever play the game!

Also to be clear, THE PATRIOTS BELICHICK didn't want to re-sign him. Not the other way around. ;) Unfortunately, his time in New England has come to an end as the starting QB, but he will forever be a Patriot!
Last edited by Mushroom on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I think at this point, he is still more talented than Peyton was in his final year/years. He probably wants to land with a team with a decent/solid defense to take away some of the pressure on the offensive side of the ball, kind of like Peyton did in Denver. Offensively, of the teams left...I'd probably want to play for the Chargers or Bucs. Both teams are loaded with offensive talent at the skill positions. I don't know much about either team's O-line and also think both are average or below on defense.

Sad day for Patriots nation. I would have been a bit saddened had Eli left the Giants to go and play for another team after the legacy he created. Brady should never have to play for another team. I'd rather see him ride off into the sunset as always a Patriot.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I feel so sorry for the next Patriots QB... Every mistake will be over-analyzed and picked apart
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Thinking about it, it would be pretty funny if he signed with the Dolphins. All the Bills and Jets fans thinking they've FINALLY got rid of Brady haha.

Dolphins have been making some moves on the defensive side of the ball the past few days.

-Rick
bearfacedkiller

Please don’t go full Favre on us. Please stay out of the AFC East. That would be a tough pill to swallow.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

YOU NEVER GO FULL FAVRE!
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

First and foremost, I’m a Patriots fan but I’ll still be a fan of Brady wherever he ends up. I would have much preferred he retire with the Patriots (whenever he decides to) because of his accomplishments with the team. None the less, I’ll cheer for his success wherever he lands.

If he pulls a Favre and goes to the Dolphins, that would feel a little bit like a stab in the back. As it is already, it seems like they’re trying to become the Miami Patriots with the number of players and personnel they’ve picked up from New England. (Detroit too :p)

I’m hoping he stays out of the AFC all together and goes to an NFC team! I’d personally like to see him go to the Bucs. For a few reasons but primarily because I would have no problem jumping on that bandwagon and cheering for their success. Of course, I’ll be a Patriots fan first, but I’ll ALWAYS support Tom Brady! :D

Also, Brady vs Brees two times a year sounds good to me!
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I sooooo hope Tennessee will try!!
They are nuts for pursuing Tannehill, when Brady is on the market!
And, yes. Tom will not be going back to New England.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I also wouldnt mind seeing Tom Brady back home in San Francisco. I really believe that either the Titans or 49'ers could win the Super Bowl with him.
Of course, Tampa will prolly win the Brady lottery.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I want to see Lord Brady in a RAIDERS uniform :D That way he's got to play the Chiefs twice during the regular season :cool: . The crowd at ARROWHEAD stadium would just love it and make his life miserable on prime time TV :D

But I got a funny feeling he might end up with the CHARGERS>> but he would still have to face the CHIEFs twice a year. I can't even fathom Lord Brady going with the Tampa Bay BUCS. Why would he want to be with a team that is rebuilding :confused:

I do believe that Lord Brady should consider the Silver & Black for his next uniform :D Because the RAIDERS are one of the top 3 most hated teams that the Chiefs face in the regular season. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Bengals made a bid for his services.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 am
I want to see Lord Brady in a RAIDERS uniform :D That way he's got to play the Chiefs twice during the regular season :cool: . The crowd at ARROWHEAD stadium would just love it and make his life miserable on prime time TV :D

But I got a funny feeling he might end up with the CHARGERS>> but he would still have to face the CHIEFs twice a year. I can't even fathom Lord Brady going with the Tampa Bay BUCS. Why would he want to be with a team that is rebuilding :confused:

I do believe that Lord Brady should consider the Silver & Black for his next uniform :D Because the RAIDERS are one of the top 3 most hated teams that the Chiefs face in the regular season. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Bengals made a bid for his services.
Tampa is more than likely the front runner JD.
Because they have a ton of loot :D
That being said, I wish he winds up with the Titans
But, an NFC team would be great as it could be a Brady/Mahomes Super Bowl :D :cool:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 am
JD Spydo wrote:

But, an NFC team would be great as it could be a Brady/Mahomes Super Bowl :D :cool:
But I heard that the Titans have given Tanehill a king's ransom to secure his services just yesterday. How is Lord Brady going to fit into that picture :confused: ?? And as far as the Bucs having the equivalent of a major lottery prize in freed up cash I still think that Lord Brady is so egotistical he couldn't bear the pain of being with a losing team.
Knowing how Jon Gruden's mind works I believe the RAIDERS are still in the running. Another thing about Gruden is that he does really well with players that are believed to be over the hill>> like Jerry Rice for instance. Gruden would just drool to get Lord Brady on their squad.

Oh I just heard that the Carolina Panthers just snagged Teddy Bridgewater. I'm truly surprised with that one.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I also just heard that Phillip Rivers is inking a deal with the COLTS. I guess that isn't such a big surprise considering. I'm still thinking that Andrew Luck will eventually return to football but I'm still believing he will go with the XFL being his dad is commissioner of the league. The COLTS must know for sure that Andrew Luck will not be returning to the NFL any time soon for them to go with Rivers.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Colin Cowherd is reporting that Brady has made his decision from known source, but it hasn't been released yet!!! THE SUSPENSE!!!!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:17 am
Colin Cowherd is reporting that Brady has made his decision from known source, but it hasn't been released yet!!! THE SUSPENSE!!!!
I would actually like to see Lord Brady go with a team like the Cleveland Browns just to see if he could pull a weak team out of their rut. If he could do that it would sure tell us just how good he really is overall. I'm still hoping that he goes with the RAIDERS. SILVER & BLACK would just look great on Lord Brady :D Especially when he has to face a vicious fanbase at ARROWHeAD Stadium :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am
MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

But I heard that the Titans have given Tanehill a king's ransom to secure his services just yesterday. How is Lord Brady going to fit into that picture :confused: ?? And as far as the Bucs having the equivalent of a major lottery prize in freed up cash I still think that Lord Brady is so egotistical he couldn't bear the pain of being with a losing team.
Knowing how Jon Gruden's mind works I believe the RAIDERS are still in the running. Another thing about Gruden is that he does really well with players that are believed to be over the hill>> like Jerry Rice for instance. Gruden would just drool to get Lord Brady on their squad.

Oh I just heard that the Carolina Panthers just snagged Teddy Bridgewater. I'm truly surprised with that one.
JD, I said I hope Brady ends up with Tennessee.
I think that Tampa will actually get him.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:47 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am
MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

JD, I said I hope Brady ends up with Tennessee.
I think that Tampa will actually get him.
Oh I know what you meant MAC :) But why would they give Tannehill an 18 wheeler load of money if they were going to consider adding Lord Brady to their line up??? I doubt if Tannehill would take lightly being second fiddle to Lord Brady.

Yeah the Bucs probably do have a lot of cap space but the RAIDERS make a lot more sense to me. Gruden just loves to add veteran players to his rosters over the years. Antonio Brown really blew that one when he had a chance to play for the RAIDERs. Because Gruden would have taken good care of him too. But I guess we'll know by the end of the week. I'm also really postive about the Cowboys with Mike McCarthy at the helm. They could dump Dak and ink a deal with Lord Brady for probably the same amount of money.
bearfacedkiller

Well, I was born in Sarasota so I can get down with this. Probably gonna be a Brady Buccaneers Jersey coming for me here on my Bday!!!!

I am actually pretty happy with this outcome! :)
-Darby