NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by MacLaren »

I agree JD, will be interesting to see how Foles does in Chicago.
Gonna be a really interesting year imo. One never knows with Luck. Like ya say, it could be he plays for the XFL, if in fact he does come out of retirement.
Like you, I am really interested in the draft this year.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:26 am
Gonna be a really interesting year imo. One never knows with Luck. Like ya say, it could be he plays for the XFL, if in fact he does come out of retirement.
If we could only resurrect Derrick Thomas from the dead then our defense would be complete :D But in the real world I have faith in Steve Spagnuolo
that he will have a great unit ready for 20-21 season.
Speaking of the XFL this epidemic couldn't have come at a worse time for them. Not even sure if that the new XFL league will even survive all of this pandemic non sense.
I want the Chiefs to be the team to match what the 72 Miami Dolfins did. A completely undefeated season. They have the pieces in place and I do hope this world wide pandemic doesn't destroy the upcoming NFL season.
Yeah Nick Foles career is a long way from being over. Like I said I really never thought that Jacksonville was ever a good fit for him anyway. I wonder how Mitch Turbisky is going to like being a back up QB. Talk about a draft bust>> he's even been worse that Derek Carr's brother David. Still hard to believe he was pick 8 people above Patrick Mahomes.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'm also very curious to see how Lamar Jackson and the Ravens do this year.
Also, will the Raiders play in Las Vegas this season?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:36 am
I'm also very curious to see how Lamar Jackson and the Ravens do this year.
Also, will the Raiders play in Las Vegas this season?
Yeah I'm really surprised that Lord Brady didn't go with the Raiders. I head that Jon Gruden really wanted him too. I think that the Raiders will do well in Vegas and they will have a bigger money fanbase than they did in Oakland.

Lamar Jackson and the Ravens will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm also looking for Buffalo to continue upward as well.

What ever happens I want to see Brady have to face Mahomes and the Chiefs. They haven't forgotten about that playoff loss here at ARROWHEAD back in the 2018-19 season and I hope that Patrick and the Chiefs get to face Brady and the BUCS in primetime on a Sunday Night game.

The Chiefs are on a mission>> a mission to repeat that is :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Raiders never made Brady an offer, so it shouldn't be surprising that he didn't go there.

Also, the Buccaneers will be playing the Chiefs this season. So you will get your wish to see them play at least... ;) but it's super weird to think that Chiefs would hold something against the Buccaneers for losing to the Patriots two years ago.

On the Ravens, it's easier said than done, but I think teams just need to figure out how to get a decent lead on Lamar Jackson. He's too comfortable playing with the lead, turning the game into scramble drill football and just draining the clock. When he has to rely on passing to get back in the game, it seems like thats when things go downhill for him.
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:38 am

Also, the Buccaneers will be playing the Chiefs this season. So you will get your wish to see them play at least... ;) but it's super weird to think that Chiefs would hold something against the Buccaneers for losing to the Patriots two years ago.
The BUCS??? :confused: I don't get that one at all. I know a lot of ardent, fanatical Chiefs fans here at Chief's Nation ( Kansas City, MO) and I don't recall much bad blood about the Tampa Bay BUCS>> and believe me I've been in on many chats about the Chief's most hated rivalries. I think there might have been some trash talk back in 02 when Gruden and the Bucs won the Superbowl with Tony Dungy's team that he put together>> mainly because Gruden was never liked here much by the fanbase. But trust me the BUCS are not on the popular enemies/hate list on any of the popular fam websites. The one website "ARROWHEADPRIDE" is one that often goes on rants about much hated opponents and I don't recall anything like that concerning the Tampa Bay Bucs :confused:

Some of the more popular teams on the Chief's traditional hate list spoken about on the popular fan websites are Oakland ( now Las Vegas), Denver ( for obvious reasons), The EVIL EMPIRE ( Pats) for more reasons than I could list in a short time ( actually they hate the coach and Lord Brady especially :D) The Cowboys used to be hated at ARROWHEAD but no so much in recent years. I've even been in arguments will my fellow fans because I actually kind of like some of the older Raiders teams and individual players. And the Raiders are probably the very most hated of any rival teams going all the way back to the 60s. But the BUCS :confused: ?? you lost me on that one.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

206A4F07-C038-4048-A588-BF45A627914A.jpeg
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahahaha! That's great. They should rock that helmet with those creamsicle uniforms again.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lol.
Didn't they used to have a winking buccaneer logo? They should photoshop him winking too that would be great
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehe.....that's awesome.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

LOL!!! Thats awesome!! I actually really like their old winking buccaneer logo. Maybe its time for a switch back plus a minor change? ;)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Washington traded a 5th for Kyle Allen... 🤔
Spydergirl88
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:21 am
Lol.
Didn't they used to have a winking buccaneer logo? They should photoshop him winking too that would be great
Even better since this is a knife forum, he had a dagger in his teeth!
A518405F-6DB0-44B8-B627-550212D85477.jpeg
A518405F-6DB0-44B8-B627-550212D85477.jpeg (88.73 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:48 pm
Washington traded a 5th for Kyle Allen... 🤔
Ron Rivera must really like him. It will be interesting to see what happens with Dwayne Haskins. Will they trade him or have him compete with Kyle Allen for the starting role?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

And to think there was all that debating about the Giants taking Danny Dimes over Haskins! So far, it looks like we've made the smart decision.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well time will tell with the Bucs. Because last year the Cleveland Browns were stacking the deck and even a couple of guys at ESPN picked them to win the Superbowl at one point. I did pick them to go to the playoffs but even that didn't happen. So I sure wouldn't bet on the BUCS to go to the big dance especially with the lousy year that they had last year. That team has got a lot of repair work to do.

Now I will admit that the 49ers sure surprised me this past season as to how well they turned their team around so quickly . But the BUCS haven't done anything in years. Lord Brady better hope he's got a line that will half way protect him. Because that division he's in now has some serious competition with New Orleans especially, and I actually look for the Carolina Panthers to do better this next year. It's going to be a much rougher division he's going to be in. For years he had the luxury of being in that AFC east in which the Pats were the only serious contenders at all for a long time. It wont' be that easy where he's going. The Bucs might make the playoffs but I think that will be about it>> and I wouldn't even bet money on that prediction. But we'll know in about 10 months.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:21 pm
And to think there was all that debating about the Giants taking Danny Dimes over Haskins! So far, it looks like we've made the smart decision.
I think that Danny will eventually be a decent QB. Look at how Brett Favre did the first two years he was in the league. For Patrick Mahomes to come out like gangbusters in first full year is kind of the exception rather than the rule.

The Giants over the years have consistently gone to the playoffs probably more than any team in that division. I will always be indebted to the Giants for ruining Lord Brady's two times he met them in the Superbowl. GOD love Michael STrahan :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:26 am
That's going to be a brutal competition between Foles & the Bears vs Cousins and the Vikings. I'm predicting Foles and the Bears will win that division. I bet the Bears :rolleyes: are sick enough to barf the way that Trubisky has flopped. And just to think they took him over Mahomes :eek:

It might be a blessing in disguise that FOLES didn't bond well in Jacksonville. I never thought that was a good fit for him. The Eagles would have done much better had they kept him. Maybe Wentz will eventually be a decent QB but I sure am not yet convinced. I got a feeling this will be a "Do Or Die" year for him.

It doesn't matter because the Cowboys will now own that division with Mike McCarthy at the helm in Dallas.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
The Raiders never made Brady an offer, so it shouldn't be surprising that he didn't go there.

OK first off a good friend of mine that lives in the Bay area and a long time Raiders fan told me that all the sports stations out there talked quite a bit about the possibility of the Raiders making an offer to Brady. I even seen a write up about it on a website i.e. clutchpoints.com and a couple of other sports websites as well. There was most definitely some talk about it.

Now you've got to clear the air on this one. How do you know that the Chiefs are going to play the BUCS when the official NFL 20-21 schedule isn't going to be released until about mid April from what a Chief's season ticket holder told me today?? Because I asked him about that today and he said there wasn't anything definite yet. Hey Dude!! if you got inside info that's fantastic!! But how do you know that for sure????
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:41 pm
Mushroom wrote:

OK first off a good friend of mine that lives in the Bay area and a long time Raiders fan told me that all the sports stations out there talked quite a bit about the possibility of the Raiders making an offer to Brady. I even seen a write up about it on a website i.e. clutchpoints.com and a couple of other sports websites as well. There was most definitely some talk about it.

Now you've got to clear the air on this one. How do you know that the Chiefs are going to play the BUCS when the official NFL 20-21 schedule isn't going to be released until about mid April from what a Chief's season ticket holder told me today?? Because I asked him about that today and he said there wasn't anything definite yet. Hey Dude!! if you got inside info that's fantastic!! But how do you know that for sure????
The teams are announced beforehand but dates are not yet announced... For instance https://fbschedules.com/kansas-city-chiefs-schedule/
Spydergirl88