NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:51 pm
Kelce is hall of fame bound. If he stays healthy and plays another 5 years at this pace or near it. His stats are insane for a TE.
I heard on local radio that Kelce has either broken a tight end record or he is about to break it. I think he's the first to get 5 consecutive 1000 yard season or something along those lines.
It's really interesting when you think that the Chiefs have had the two best tight ends ever in the NFL. Travis Kelce and Tony Gonzales both are arguably the two best ever or at least close to it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Jason Witten has my vote for the GOAT of TE
But, its splitting hairs
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

My LORD!!! I just noticed that the Raiders lost to the Falcons by the score of 43 to 6 :eek: And just a week ago they played the Chiefs a really mean game. But today they laid an egg playing against the lowly Falcons :confused: Anyone that thinks they can make a living calling these NFL games is dreaming a bad dream IMO.

I guess I'll watch the Packers-Bears game this evening.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:22 pm
Jason Witten has my vote for the GOAT of TE
But, its splitting hairs
He's got the longevity but Kelce has apparently got the numbers from what that guy on ESPN said tonight. I'm serious about Tyreek Hill>> he could be the next Jerry Rice with Mahomes throwing to him.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

My vote for best right now is Chiefs offense, Saints defense, and best overall team Steelers
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:16 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Kelce is hall of fame bound. If he stays healthy and plays another 5 years at this pace or near it. His stats are insane for a TE.
I heard on local radio that Kelce has either broken a tight end record or he is about to break it. I think he's the first to get 5 consecutive 1000 yard season or something along those lines.
It's really interesting when you think that the Chiefs have had the two best tight ends ever in the NFL. Travis Kelce and Tony Gonzales both are arguably the two best ever or at least close to it.
Gronk > Kelce and its not even close... :rolleyes:

And it's a tossup between Gronk vs. Gonzales. I'd take Gronk though.
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Bears are going to be in for an interesting next few years. Are they ready for a rebuild already? I really don't think that Trubisky is the franchise QB they're looking for. Foles wasn't the answer either but I think they committed to him for a few years.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bears need to trade Mack during the 2021 draft
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Raiders looked like I expected today. Bears not much better.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

cabfrank wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:54 pm
Raiders looked like I expected today. Bears not much better.
I kind of expected that with the Bears with all of their internal turmoil but I was literally shocked that the Raiders laid an egg the way they did :confused: . I truly thought the Raiders would have won that game by at least 2 TDs. And to think that they played the Chiefs tough both games we played them this year :confused:

I did predict that whoever won the Chiefs vs Buccaneers game would win by no more than a TD. And the Chiefs only won by a field goal. The Chiefs have some serious problems with their defense and they need to do something fast or they will be losing a couple of games if they don't.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:32 pm
The Bears are going to be in for an interesting next few years. Are they ready for a rebuild already? I really don't think that Trubisky is the franchise QB they're looking for. Foles wasn't the answer either but I think they committed to him for a few years.
That is so weird because they came out of the gate looking pretty decent at the first part of the season. And they have some good defensive players especially Khalil Mack but their defense is even slower than the Chiefs have been lately and I don't get it. And I'm not sure that Matt Nagy is to blame either.

And the Raiders just didn't show up at all yesterday???
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:14 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:16 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Gronk > Kelce and its not even close... :rolleyes:

And it's a tossup between Gronk vs. Gonzales. I'd take Gronk though.
Excuuuusee!!! Me!! Are you trying to tell me that Kelce isn't even in the same level as Gronk??? :confused: Have you looked at any stats for Travis Kelce lately :confused: . And I'm not taking anything away from the great years that Gronk has had but to say that Kelce's level of play isn't even close is just simply not right at all.

Oh by the way they said last night that Travis Kelce is about to be the first tight end to have 5 consecutive seasons of 1000 yards or more. I'm not sure if he's gotten yet I haven't looked but I have heard he's close. And that counts for nothing??? Really???
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

So, it seems you have misunderstood what I was saying.
Yes, I am saying Kelce in not on the same level that Gronk once was. Right now, sure Kelce is a better tight end than Gronk but when Tony Gonzales' name enters the conversation, it's obvious were not just talking about right now. In the all time conversation, Gronk is a better tight end in my opinion.

I didn't say 5 consecutive 1000 yard seasons counts for nothing, thats a huge milestone when the next best guys have 4 each but I also don't think thats enough to qualify him as being considered better than Gronk was.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ouch!!!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

There here has never been a tight end like Gronk. Is he the greatest ever? Hard to say since he had issues staying healthy. He was so insanely hard to tackle that he had to be wrapped up by multiple guys and tacklers had almost no choice but to go for his legs. That is what causes the injury problems and he hasn’t been 100% since. If he had stayed healthy for his entire career we wouldn’t be having this conversation. He would obviously have been the greatest tightens ever.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:03 am
So, it seems you have misunderstood what I was saying.
Yes, I am saying Kelce in not on the same level that Gronk once was. Right now, sure Kelce is a better tight end than Gronk but when Tony Gonzales' name enters the conversation, it's obvious were not just talking about right now. In the all time conversation, Gronk is a better tight end in my opinion.

I didn't say 5 consecutive 1000 yard seasons counts for nothing, thats a huge milestone when the next best guys have 4 each but I also don't think thats enough to qualify him as being considered better than Gronk was.
And maybe I did misunderstand you :o my bad. And I don't necessarily think any of the 3 of them, as good as all 3 of them are that you can pick one and say "he's the best". Because all the circumstances and the roles they played in those specific teams are somewhat different. It's fair to say that all 3 of those guys mentioned are currently the standard bearer's of the tight end position.
Now I will say that it seems like Kelce is on his way to winning the numbers game ( statistics). But in one sense that may not be completely fair either thinking about it deeper.
For instance I've said for years that Jerry Rice is by far the best receiver in NFL History. But that may not be a fair statement either as well because when a guy had Joe Montana and Steve Young as his primary Quarterbacks in the early going he most definitely had a huge advantage coming out of the gate. So a lot of this boils down to who your individual favorite is.
Truthfully all 3 of them are so good I wouldn't mind which one I would have on my team if I were the coach.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:30 pm
The internal workings of the NFL are truly getting nutty beyond belief in some instances. The whole issue with the Denver Broncos not having a QB all the way to Lamar Jackson's problem is absolutely outrageous. Even the few NFL players that have gotten infected it hasn't been a big problem for any of them.
I love the fact that the Chiefs are having a stellar season but not having the advantage of the super loud crowds at ARROWHEAD stadium just takes away a lot of the excitement and crowd participation in the games.

What are they going to do come time for the play-offs and Superbowl? There are people that literally live for those events believe it or not. I haven't even heard what they're plans are for the Post Season :confused: ??
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, we have -finally Pittsburgh vs Baltimore today at 3:40 pm on Wednesday. Thats a first I think...
Knowing my luck, Baltimore will win, lol.....
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:50 am
Well, we have -finally Pittsburgh vs Baltimore today at 3:40 pm on Wednesday. Thats a first I think...
Knowing my luck, Baltimore will win, lol.....
Unless it was on a holiday I can't ever remember an NFL game ever being played on a Wednesday. Or Tuesday either for that matter. This has been an extremely strange year anyway you look at it. Heck most people will be at work around kickoff time :confused:

I'm picking the Ravens to win this one but it could go either way. I'm also picking the Chiefs to win over Denver here at Arrowhead stadium this Sunday evening. The only game I'm worried about with the Chiefs that is remaining on the schedule is that game they have against the Saints. That's a tough team and even their new QB is looking good.

I'm curious as to what Ol' Bill is going to do in the off season for a new QB. No really I don't give a flying hoot about Ol' Bill :D Neither do the wonderful ladies here at ARROWHEAD stadium :D
Last edited by JD Spydo on Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.