NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:47 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:41 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:38 am
The Raiders never made Brady an offer, so it shouldn't be surprising that he didn't go there.

Also, the Buccaneers will be playing the Chiefs this season. So you will get your wish to see them play at least... ;) but it's super weird to think that Chiefs would hold something against the Buccaneers for losing to the Patriots two years ago.
OK first off a good friend of mine that lives in the Bay area and a long time Raiders fan told me that all the sports stations out there talked quite a bit about the possibility of the Raiders making an offer to Brady. I even seen a write up about it on a website i.e. clutchpoints.com and a couple of other sports websites as well. There was most definitely some talk about it.

Now you've got to clear the air on this one. How do you know that the Chiefs are going to play the BUCS when the official NFL 20-21 schedule isn't going to be released until about mid April from what a Chief's season ticket holder told me today?? Because I asked him about that today and he said there wasn't anything definite yet. Hey Dude!! if you got inside info that's fantastic!! But how do you know that for sure????
The teams are announced beforehand but dates are not yet announced... For instance https://fbschedules.com/kansas-city-chiefs-schedule/
OK I wasn't aware of that. Now I am surprised my season ticket holding friend didn't know that :confused: This guy is about 10 times the fan that I am. He even goes to several of the out of town games each year. OK Mushroom you got me on that one :D I hope it's a Sunday Night game at that.

I hope we don't have to play Dallas this year. Because Mike McCarthy is going to be loaded for bear. He's got a big statement to make to rekindle the respect he lost getting fired from the Packers. Dallas will win that division I'm sure of it.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Of course there was talk about Brady potentially joining their team. Brady was seen talking with Mark Davis at the UFC 246 event in Vegas. Which during the NFL offseason, lead to speculation and headlines. It gave them material to talk about for a couple weeks until the next Brady rumor came out. That was basically the only topic covered this offseason. It was the biggest free agent move ever. He's also the greatest QB of all time and still to this point in his career would've put them in Superbowl contention. What fanbase wouldn't want their team to be Superbowl contenders? Yet when free agency opened they never even made Brady an offer, which is why I said it shouldn't be surprising that he didn't go there.

No... I don't have any inside information. Just information that has been available to the public for months now... :rolleyes: The dates haven't been announced yet, but the opponents are already known. I've explained how the schedules rotate to you before, so I won't be doing that again but the opponents for each league year are easily predicted because of this rotating formula...

Chiefs home opponents -
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Patriots
Jets
Falcons
Panthers
Texans

Chiefs away opponents -
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Dolphins
Bills
Saints
BUCCANEERS
Ravens
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

NFL GamePass is free until May something... 2009 until the present every game even preseason. Currently watching the 2019 Week 1 game of Cowboys vs Giants.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 pm
NFL GamePass is free until May something... 2009 until the present every game even preseason. Currently watching the 2019 Week 1 game of Cowboys vs Giants.
Cool.
Is this a satellite deal?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:26 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 pm
Cool.
Is this a satellite deal?
I'm watching it on an app
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm watching a replay of the Giants/Pats Superbowl from 2012 on NFL Network right now... I like knowing how this ends :D
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I tried to watch one of the Cowboys vs Bills superbowls and the video quality was so terrible I just couldn't get through it all lol. I'm so used to high definition and great camera angles
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:01 pm
I tried to watch one of the Cowboys vs Bills superbowls and the video quality was so terrible I just couldn't get through it all lol. I'm so used to high definition and great camera angles
Last time you guys won a Superbowl, I think rotary phones were still a thing! :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:01 pm
Last time you guys won a Superbowl, I think rotary phones were still a thing! :p
Every year is our year... Til it aint! Lol :p
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, those Dallas teams under Jimmy Johnson were - well, quite possibly the best teams ever. Top 3 imo.
I like a team with swagger - and by dam, they had it!
Miami Hurricanes on steroids lol :D :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:58 am
Man, those Dallas teams under Jimmy Johnson were - well, quite possibly the best teams ever. Top 3 imo.
I like a team with swagger - and by dam, they had it!
Miami Hurricanes on steroids lol :D :D
Again you've just got to analyze Jerry Jones with a really critical spirit anymore. Because from the get-go when he fired Tom Landry I was so angry at the time ( not to mention all the other hard core Cowboy's fans) I swore I would never watch another Cowboy's game. When the team was purchased by Jones in the late 80s they were having a terrible time and the roster needed drastic change. But most of that was due to too many veteran aged players, problems finding a new QB, and their very bad luck with the draft during that time period. None of that was really Tom Landry's fault at all. I have no doubt that if Jones had kept Tom Landry they would have been back on top within a year or two especially with all the new money that Jerry Jones brought to the table.

Jerry Jone's is just a complete control freak and he tries to micro manage the organization to the point to where he is just completely outrageous at times. In the past it's made it horribly difficult for extremely talented coaches and players to be relaxed in their roles. However I've got a feeling that Mike McCarthy is not going to be his lap dog in the least and I truly believe that Jerry Jones knows that too. And I also think that Jones may have seen the light with his recent horrible judgement keeping Jason Garrett for so long :rolleyes:

I'm optimistic that Mike McCarthy will win that division this next season. The talent on that team is so deep that he already has the tools in place to get the job done. If Jones will just have the common sense to let Mike call the shots and have some confidence in him and let McCarthy run the show on the field. Also I believe Mike McCarthy learned some huge lessons himself on his firing from Green Bay. I believe they year off that he had to reflect on his mistakes are going to benefit him a lot. I think this may be a great fit for both guys if they keep their focus where it belongs.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

You can tell you only listen to national sports media lmao
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:42 am
You can tell you only listen to national sports media lmao
Would you be a little more specific? :confused: And if I do have "tunnelvision" on the subject of the Cowboy's recent personnel changes please tell me where I botched it so badly :confused: ? I was alive on planet earth during the unjust firing of Tom Landry and I remember it like yesterday.

But If I'm grossly wrong I'll go take a mega-dose of Castor Oil and start over again :eek: :o
SG89

Post by SG89 »

11 years without a Superbowl appearance = unjust firing? Landry was a great coach that innovated great schemes but everyone caught onto them and he refused to change them. Being stubborn is tolerated if you're winning but it'll get you fired every time when you start to lose. Name another owner that bought a team and didn't fire the old staff and hire a new staff of his own choosing? He hired Jimmy and won 3 superbowls in his first 6 years of ownership. The last Superbowl was with Barry but it was Jimmy's decisions that got them there. He learned from his mistakes of trying to run the show himself and hired Will McClay and allowed his son to take over most of the front office duties. Has he been wrong and made poor decisions? Absolutely. He's also made great decisions as well such as hiring Jimmy in the first place and making the Cowboys the #1 most valuable sports franchise. He is in the hall of fame afterall. Will McClay has done a wonderful job in the drafts the last 10 years. Jerry hasn't been fully in charge in several years... Something the national media chooses to ignore. Coaching has been a problem since Jimmy left. Jerry's love for Jason definitely was a problem. Hopefully McCarthy finds a way to win. He also got fired for being stubborn in GB. Parcells was also stubborn as ****.
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Firing Landry led to 3 Superbowls... Sounds like a good decision to me
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:40 am
Firing Landry led to 3 Superbowls... Sounds like a good decision to me
Absolutely. Things change. The 70's Cowboys were great.
But, Spydiegirl nailed it with Landry. Imo.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:36 am
11 years without a Superbowl appearance = unjust firing? Landry was a great coach that innovated great schemes but everyone caught onto them and he refused to change them. Being stubborn is tolerated if you're winning but it'll get you fired every time when you start to lose. Name another owner that bought a team and didn't fire the old staff and hire a new staff of his own choosing? He hired Jimmy and won 3 superbowls in his first 6 years of ownership. The last Superbowl was with Barry but it was Jimmy's decisions that got them there. He learned from his mistakes of trying to run the show himself and hired Will McClay and allowed his son to take over most of the front office duties. Has he been wrong and made poor decisions? Absolutely. He's also made great decisions as well such as hiring Jimmy in the first place and making the Cowboys the #1 most valuable sports franchise. He is in the hall of fame afterall. Will McClay has done a wonderful job in the drafts the last 10 years. Jerry hasn't been fully in charge in several years... Something the national media chooses to ignore. Coaching has been a problem since Jimmy left. Jerry's love for Jason definitely was a problem. Hopefully McCarthy finds a way to win. He also got fired for being stubborn in GB. Parcells was also stubborn as ****.
Again it wasn't all Tom Landry's fault that the team was spiraling downward. There was a lot of incompetence in the front office along with some of the worst draft picks in their history during that time slot. I know because I had two very good friends who were working and living in Dallas that were avid fans during all of that. And even if you're still believing that Landry''s firing was justified ( which I didn't and still don't ) the way Jones did it was about as low class and disrespectful as you could get IMO. Tom Landry was a living legend and a really decent human being as well>> they could have moved him to the front office in some capacity and that would have made some sense.

As far as Parcells was concerned in his tenure in Dallas the biggest problem in that equation was Terrell Owens. They should have never put T. O. on that roster at all. And this is coming from a guy who was a fan of T. O. when him and Jeff Garcia were lighting up the scoreboard in Frisco. Not to mention the great plays that Steve Young and T. O. racked up in Frisco. But T. O. was "locker room poison" in the truest sense of the word and would have destroyed any team chemistry no matter what team he was on. He was truly the Antonio Brown of that era for sure. Had T. O. not been on that roster I do think that Parcells could have and would have gone places with that team

Mike McCarthy is going to prove to be an excellent fit for both parties. It was one of the very few things that Jones has done right in the past 20 years. I truly think that the fan base will appreciate Mike McCarthy.
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Things might not have been Landry's fault, but I don't think he would've taken the huge gamble that Jimmy Johnson did by trading Herschel Walker. Luckily for Jimmy and the Cowboys, that trade paid off and really turned things around for them in hurry.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Honestly, I'd take Jimmy Johnson over Tom Landry ANY day of the week.
Not to take anything away from Landry. Hes a legend himself.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Playing catch up! I'm so desperate for sports that I just finished watching the '89 Super Bowl! Glad this thread is here 😊
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032