NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:26 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:38 pm
Here's something to ponder......
Andrew Luck comes out of retirement to sign with the Patriots :D
As long as he doesn't go to the eagles, giants, or redskins I'm happy lol
You just wait until Daniel Jones overcomes those fumbling issues... you'll have plenty of years of torment ahead ;)
I'm in a constant state of torment as a Cowboys fan!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Signing Amari was huge. Keeping that core 3 together on offense keeps you guys in every game. I honestly thought they might have let him go, that's some big money but he has proven himself. Dak needs his play making abilities, Gallup is also developing pretty well too.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I can't wait for the draft! I heard they are still having it just no fans allowed
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:57 pm
I can't wait for the draft! I heard they are still having it just no fans allowed
Your football life is going to get better very soon Spydergirl :) Because Mike McCarthy is going to clean house and get that ship in order quickly. I most definitely look for them to win their division and maybe more. Garrett had the talent to do it last year. Why Jerry Jones didn't boot that idiot out the door at least 4 years ago is just beyond me. Unless Garrett caught Jones in the act doing some really perverted stuff with some low level prostitutes I can't see how he had any leverage to keep his job :eek: . And he kept him on the team just to keep him quiet>> It almost had to be something like that knowing Jerry Jones like I do :rolleyes:

But your sports/football life is going to get better ASAP I can assure you. It's a safe bet I can more than assure you.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:40 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:26 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:38 pm
Here's something to ponder......
Andrew Luck comes out of retirement to sign with the Patriots :D
As long as he doesn't go to the eagles, giants, or redskins I'm happy lol
You just wait until Daniel Jones overcomes those fumbling issues... you'll have plenty of years of torment ahead ;)
I'm in a constant state of torment as a Cowboys fan!
Lol, yes you are :p
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know, if Tampa does land Tommy Boy, theres a great chance we might see a Brady vs Mahomes Super Bowl.
Bruce Arians is a really good coach. I could see it as possible.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:42 pm
Ya know, if Tampa does land Tommy Boy, theres a great chance we might see a Brady vs Mahomes Super Bowl.
I think it's unofficially official at this point. His contract with the Patriots was voided today and at this point all signs point to Tampa Bay as his landing spot.

Tampa Bay has about $90 million in cap space before the Brady deal. They're about to absolutely LOAD UP on their offensive line to protect him and will most likely bring in Antonio Brown as well. As it stands, Tom Brady to Mike Evans is a lock for a Superbowl appearance... Then you factor in Chris Godwin, OJ Howard and potentially Antonio Brown and it's just unfair to the rest of the league!

On top of all that, Tom Brady is once again playing to "prove" himself. The NFC is in trouble! :eek:
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:23 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I think it's unofficially official at this point. His contract with the Patriots was voided today and at this point all signs point to Tampa Bay as his landing spot.

Tampa Bay has about $90 million in cap space before the Brady deal. They're about to absolutely LOAD UP on their offensive line to protect him and will most likely bring in Antonio Brown as well. As it stands, Tom Brady to Mike Evans is a lock for a Superbowl appearance... Then you factor in Chris Godwin, OJ Howard and potentially Antonio Brown and it's just unfair to the rest of the league!

On top of all that, Tom Brady is once again playing to "prove" himself. The NFC is in trouble! :eek:
You know it man....
Like I said in an earlier post, the Bucs have a lot of loot!
They'll put it to good use!
**** skippy the NFC is in trouble!! :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I heard rumors that Tampa may try to trade away Godwin in a 3 team deal and acquire Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley!! Cooks obviously a step down from Godwin, but if he can ever stay healthy he's got some crazy speed and quickness. Gurley, though not what he was 2 years ago showed he still has it towards the end of the season last year, and Tampa desperately needs a running back.

If this is true, this could be a major power move, win now move from Tampa

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wow, that would be a huge move! Brandin Cooks has good chemistry with Brady already from his year in New England and he loved playing with Brady. Todd Gurley can still be a huge run threat, especially when paired with the passing options they have in Tampa. He was one of those players I always hoped New England would miraculously land because of how talented he was.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Hey dude if we had a "Brady Vs Mahomes Superbowl I would pay 4 digits to go to that Superbowl. That would be heavenly to see King Patrick rip apart Lord Brady at a Superbowl game. I just really hope when the regular season schedule comes out that Tampa Bay will be one of the Chief's first 4 games.

Better yet I would love to see the Chiefs vs Bucs in a regular season Sunday Night or Monday Night game on National Television. I wouldn't miss one second of that game>> no trips to the store on that game folks :cool: . King Patrick ain't afraid of Brady at all>> by the way we did re-sign Tyreek Hill I just heard. I don't think it would be a game the his Lordship Brady would look forward to either :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:32 pm
I heard rumors that Tampa may try to trade away Godwin in a 3 team deal and acquire Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley!! Cooks obviously a step down from Godwin, but if he can ever stay healthy he's got some crazy speed and quickness. Gurley, though not what he was 2 years ago showed he still has it towards the end of the season last year, and Tampa desperately needs a running back.

If this is true, this could be a major power move, win now move from Tampa
It looks good on paper but time will tell. They tried to stack the deck like that with the Cleveland Browns last year and that didn't work out so well.
There might just be too many inflated egos to make that work anyway. Oh it would be interesting. But frankly I was extremely disappointed at how Cleveland's season went down the toilet with all their big names ( minus the paper :rolleyes: ).

I'm just not so sure how Lord Brady will do with a new coach>> especially being that Bill Bellyache pampered him so much over the years. Look how Jerry Jones has made attempts over the years to stack the deck so many times and it backfired on him. Also the BUCS are in the same division as the New Orleans Saints and they ain't going to roll over and play dead for them or anyone else for that matter. And I know that Brees would like to get one more ring before he rides off into the sunset.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Hey dude if we had a "Brady Vs Mahomes Superbowl I would pay 4 digits to go to that Superbowl. That would be heavenly to see King Patrick rip apart Lord Brady at a Superbowl game. I just really hope when the regular season schedule comes out that Tampa Bay will be one of the Chief's first 4 games.

Better yet I would love to see the Chiefs vs Bucs in a regular season Sunday Night or Monday Night game on National Television. I wouldn't miss one second of that game>> no trips to the store on that game folks :cool: . King Patrick ain't afraid of Brady at all>> by the way we did re-sign Tyreek Hill I just heard. I don't think it would be a game the his Lordship Brady would look forward to either :D
Tell ya what JD, ole buddy, this is going to be one very interesting year my friend.
Odds are, and imo only, your Chiefs may very well win back 2 back Lombardi Trophies.
We'll have to see how Tampa spends the rest of their money.
And, if your Chiefs can stay healthy.
Lol, I really like our NFL thread.. :)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I agree Paul! We're already in our own little corner of the world on a knife forum...but our NFL thread is an even smaller corner, it's an exclusive group!! :p

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:43 am
I agree Paul! We're already in our own little corner of the world on a knife forum...but our NFL thread is an even smaller corner, it's an exclusive group!! :p
Hehehe, that's right Rick, we're a nitschke- nitschke :D
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm not a betting man but I've been seeing a number a reports talking about betting odds regarding the future of the Patriots. As of right now, Deshaun Watson is the betting favorite to be starting QB for the Patriots in 2021! :eek: I'd be very happy with that, just saying!

I think the lack of sports right now is driving Vegas a little stir crazy and it has people making crazy prop bets for years from now! LOL
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 pm
I'm not a betting man but I've been seeing a number a reports talking about betting odds regarding the future of the Patriots. As of right now, Deshaun Watson is the betting favorite to be starting QB for the Patriots in 2021! :eek: I'd be very happy with that, just saying!

I think the lack of sports right now is driving Vegas a little stir crazy and it has people making crazy prop bets for years from now! LOL
If I were in New Englands shoes, I would lose every game this season and draft that QB from Clemson the next draft.
Assuming he enters the draft.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:03 pm
Mushroom wrote:

If I were in New Englands shoes, I would lose every game this season and draft that QB from Clemson the next draft.
Yeah, Trevor Lawrence!!! I wholly agree with that too! He would actually be my number one option to see the Patriots end up with, I just consider it nearly impossible. I hear nothing but good things and the highlights I've seen are impressive. People have been predicting he would be a number 1 overall pick for a couple years now.

Unfortunately, I think I could work myself into a starting QB role before Belichick ever willingly tanked a season. :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well the Chicago Bears will now have new life. I know that Nick Foles had a dud year last season but I still have a ton of faith in that guy. In a perfect world he would be Patrick Mahomes backup QB for the KC Chiefs. But for Nick I'm glad to see that he's got the starting job in Chicago. I never thought that Jacksonville was ever a good fit for him anyway. But I do look for Foles to really have a great year with the Bears this upcoming season.

I now predict we will hear something about what Andrew Luck is going to do in his football future. I got a hunch he's going to be back wearing a helmet this year>> but I'm not sure if it's going to be in the NFL or the XFL which his daddy is the commissioner. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Evil Empire make a play for him at some point.

The draft is going to be most interesting next month. I do look for the Chiefs to further bolster their defense. If they succeed in that they may be unstoppable this next season.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:20 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:03 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Yeah, Trevor Lawrence!!! I wholly agree with that too! He would actually be my number one option to see the Patriots end up with, I just consider it nearly impossible. I hear nothing but good things and the highlights I've seen are impressive. People have been predicting he would be a number 1 overall pick for a couple years now.

Unfortunately, I think I could work myself into a starting QB role before Belichick ever willingly tanked a season. :(
Lol, yup. That's the only thing my friend. Coach Belichick would never tank a season. But, man it would totally set the future for the Patriots!