NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Can't fault Rodgers when he was on his *** all day long. That game was just a hiccup for them.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:44 am
Can't fault Rodgers when he was on his *** all day long. That game was just a hiccup for them.
Yeah that's kind of the way I feel about it. For Rogers to throw those two awful "pick sixes" was just not like him at all. It's funny too because when Favre was on the Packer's roster he had that problem at times himself.

I do believe the Chiefs will redeem themselves this evening. I hope so anyway because with all the Chiefs fans I deal with on a daily basis it's a real bummer the day after a loss :o . A lot of Chief's fans take this stuff really seriously. They were even that way when we had lousy coaches and lousy QBs. Go figure.

But I believe they'll come out of the gate tonight ready for battle :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Yeah, I agree with Spydergirl, I'm not surprised at all that the Packers lost. What surprised me was how well the Buccaneers defense played against this Packers offense.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:18 am
Yeah, I agree with Spydergirl, I'm not surprised at all that the Packers lost. What surprised me was how well the Buccaneers defense played against this Packers offense.
What happened up in New England?
Was Cam just rusty coming back, or what?
That was a surprising Final Score
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:36 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:29 pm
Not surprised at all that GB lost.
OK then tell me what gave you a clue? Because the Aaron Rogers I've been watching this season looked almost "letter perfect" to me in the past 4 games. Even Stephen A. Smith has Aaron Rogers ranked just underneath Sir Patrick Mahomes ( and don't call him Pat because it really makes his mommie mad :mad: )

So what clue led you to believe that this game he would have a melt down? Truly I wish I could predict the future that good.
I predicted the Buccs to win over GB with my weekly picks. I believe the Buccs are the better team with a much better leader.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Bears still winning ugly lol

Happy to see the Packers go down yesterday!!!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Bears are probably the biggest surprise so far this season. I didn't see them sitting at 5-1, with Trubisky or Foles!

The Giants really have a chance here in the coming weeks to take control of the NFC LEAST...they could legitimately win 4 of their next 5 games. (Philly, Tampa (loss) Washington, Philly, Cincy) Again, not that I think their any good but their record in the division could easily vault them to the top if they were able to win those games.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm really worried about the Chiefs. They just look like they are not plugged in for some strange reason. They should be a lot more ahead than what they are. Granted the Bills are stiff competition but the Chiefs are not hitting on all cylinders.

I'm hoping for a much better second half. I hope they don't dig themselves a hole.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 am
Mushroom wrote:
I think it's great that NE finally got some real competition for a change. For several years they've owned that division and it just didn't even seem like anybody even wanted to challenge them. The Bills and Dolfins both are vastly improved and it sure makes it more interesting.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I think it's great that NE finally got some real competition for a change. For several years they've owned that division and it just didn't even seem like anybody even wanted to challenge them. The Bills and Dolfins both are vastly improved and it sure makes it more interesting.
Shoot man, the Patriots owned the entire N.F.L. forever!
Honestly, I was glad to have witnessed it.
Brady & Belichick- prolly a once and a lifetime combo
9 Super Bowls and 6 Lombardi Trophies.
Makes me wander if that level of greatness will ever be reached again.
Certainly I think it possible, but not probable.
They had such a dominant run.
There were so many good teams in that Era too. But, the road to the Superbowl in the A.F.C. was always thru Foxboro. Heck, only 2 teams ever defeated the Patriots in a Superbowl. The New York Football Giants x2 and The Philadelphia Eagles.
Nonetheless, I think too, that things will be different not only in the A.F.C. East, but the entire N.F.L.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Well, they beat the Dolphins already, haven't played the Bills yet, were 1 yard away from beating Seattle, and came close to beating the Chiefs with an atrocious backup QB, so I don't think it has anything to do with "real competition."
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I hate to list off reasons why I think they lost, for fear of sounding like I'm just making excuses for the team, but there are obviously different factors involved that lead to a loss. The Broncos are not a very good team this season and the Patriots really should have won that game. Unfortunately, they came up short to Brandon McManus... :rolleyes:

They only had 2 days of practice in two weeks and were down 3 starters on their offensive line, which has been a big strength of this team so far this season. So not being able to get reps in with the new players on the line lead to a lot of miscues and Cam ended up being pressured much more than he should have been. Cam needs to have better awareness in the pocket too, especially if he's seeing that much pressure. They also lack any sort of deep threat receiver and the receivers they currently have struggle to create separation down field, so Cam is forced to hold onto the ball too long. (Comes back to Cam needing better awareness in the pocket) They also lack tight end depth and talent in general. They're relying on a mediocre tight end and a couple rookies right now. The Gronk sized hole at tight end still hasn't been filled.

Their defense played well enough to only allow field goals. Except that they allowed six of them and the Patriots offense just couldn't get in the end zone when they needed to.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:48 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Shoot man, the Patriots owned the entire N.F.L. forever!
Honestly, I was glad to have witnessed it.
Brady & Belichick- prolly a once and a lifetime combo
9 Super Bowls and 6 Lombardi Trophies.
Makes me wander if that level of greatness will ever be reached again.
Certainly I think it possible, but not probable.
They had such a dominant run.
There were so many good teams in that Era too. But, the road to the Superbowl in the A.F.C. was always thru Foxboro. Heck, only 2 teams ever defeated the Patriots in a Superbowl. The New York Football Giants x2 and The Philadelphia Eagles.
Nonetheless, I think too, that things will be different not only in the A.F.C. East, but the entire N.F.L.
I wholly agree! What the Patriots have accomplished over the past two decades is unprecedented and will most likely never happen again! Brady and Belichick truly were a once in a lifetime combo! They were so good for so long together that they made that kind of success look easy and like it was something that could be replicated. I'm confident their level of success will never be matched in the NFL.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:08 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Well, they beat the Dolphins already, haven't played the Bills yet, were 1 yard away from beating Seattle, and came close to beating the Chiefs with an atrocious backup QB, so I don't think it has anything to do with "real competition."
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I hate to list off reasons why I think they lost, for fear of sounding like I'm just making excuses for the team, but there are obviously different factors involved that lead to a loss. The Broncos are not a very good team this season and the Patriots really should have won that game. Unfortunately, they came up short to Brandon McManus... :rolleyes:

They only had 2 days of practice in two weeks and were down 3 starters on their offensive line, which has been a big strength of this team so far this season. So not being able to get reps in with the new players on the line lead to a lot of miscues and Cam ended up being pressured much more than he should have been. Cam needs to have better awareness in the pocket too, especially if he's seeing that much pressure. They also lack any sort of deep threat receiver and the receivers they currently have struggle to create separation down field, so Cam is forced to hold onto the ball too long. (Comes back to Cam needing better awareness in the pocket) They also lack tight end depth and talent in general. They're relying on a mediocre tight end and a couple rookies right now. The Gronk sized hole at tight end still hasn't been filled.

Their defense played well enough to only allow field goals. Except that they allowed six of them and the Patriots offense just couldn't get in the end zone when they needed to.
Those aren't excuses, Nick. Just facts. Any team would have it hard faced with those difficulties.
Thanx for explaining that.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Say all you want about Lord Brady & Co. Patrick Mahomes is getting off to an excellent start his own self.

I'm just worried now who they will replace Eric Bieniemy with???

Clyde Edwards Helaire is literally carrying this team on his back this evening. I do believe that him and LeVeon Bell will be an awesome duo. But the Chiefs have just got to correct their obvious mistakes. They've got more talent than this game would indicate. They should have had another TD on that last drive.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Talking about Tom Brady and his accomplishments does not take anything away from Pat Mahomes and what he has already accomplished. He's clearly a very talented player and will be for a long time. He's already broken a few records of his own but there is only one way to know if he can sustain his greatness for 20 straight years.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:42 pm
Talking about Tom Brady and his accomplishments does not take anything away from Pat Mahomes and what he has already accomplished. He's clearly a very talented player and will be for a long time. He's already broken a few records of his own but there is only one way to know if he can sustain his greatness for 20 straight years.
Funny you mention that.
I was thinking the same thing.
Just the shear longevity of that Dynasty is absolutely incredible!!
And, I'm not trying to be biased. Just the opposite.
Its just the facts of what New England accomplished.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

They just confirmed over the radio here locally in KC that LeVeon Bell will play in the upcoming game with Denver. It was first said that he wouldn't play until the Jets game but we get him this Sunday at Denver. It will be interesting to see how him and C.E.H. work together.

The Chiefs really needed this game bad. Hopefully they'll improve on their execution.

I do think Dallas will win this next Monday Night Game. I think Andy Dalton is going to surprise some folks.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:56 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Funny you mention that.
The 49ers had a similar dynasty with Joe Montana and Steve Young's tenure. And the Pittsburgh Steelers were like that in the 70s and 80s.

I'm surprised that the Chiefs did not use Tyreek Hill hardly at all this evening :confused: . I think when Sammy Watkins is sidelined it really changes their game plan. I sure hope Sammy gets back soon. LeVeon Bell will change the Chiefs a lot in the running game I'm sure of it.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Funny you mention that.
The 49ers had a similar dynasty with Joe Montana and Steve Young's tenure. And the Pittsburgh Steelers were like that in the 70s and 80s.

I'm surprised that the Chiefs did not use Tyreek Hill hardly at all this evening :confused: . I think when Sammy Watkins is sidelined it really changes their game plan. I sure hope Sammy gets back soon. LeVeon Bell will change the Chiefs a lot in the running game I'm sure of it.
Those teams hardly compare to the Brady/Belichick Patriots Dynasty.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Funny you mention that.

I'm afraid they don't even come close.
Sure, Pittsburgh has 6 Lombardi trophies, but it wasn't a run like New England had.
I mean thats not to take anything away from those teams mentioned.
It's just nobody even comes close to comparing to the Brady Belichick era.