NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

OK my Week # 5 results were by far my best so far this season. And talk about a really twisted irony :rolleyes: The only one I got wrong out of the entire line up of picks was that my Chiefs lost. I got everything else right except those guys :mad:

OK here is my Week # 6 picks and hopefully I can do better :rolleyes:
The Chiefs over the Bills ( They better not do it to me again :o , But I think they'll be ready for this one)
Cowboys over the Cardinals ( McCarthy knows he's on a hot seat and he will have the Boys ready)
Patriots over the Broncos ( I would love to pick an upset on this one, but the laws of physics are what they are)
Texans over the Titans ( Mike Vrabel is due for an upset, DeShaun Watson is getting better)
Browns over the Steelers ( Put last year's Garrett fight aside, The Browns are truly improving ) Upset
Ravens over the Eagles ( No way Wentz is going to ruin Lamar Jackson's day)
Giants over Washington ( Yeah Mr. Snyder's team is lacking in every sector)
Vikings over Falcons ( The Vikings are showing signs of turning the season around)
Jags over the Lions ( Matt Patricia is on a worse "hot seat" than McCarthy is, and may not survive)
Colts over the Bengals ( I actually kind of feel sorry for Burrow)
Bears over the Panthers ( I'm still locked in on Nick Foles, Bears in control)
Dolfins over the Jets ( The Dolfins impressed me last week, I think they'll continue)
Packers over the Buccaneers ( Yep!! Aaron Rogers is on a mission this season and he won't disappoint)
Rams over 49ers ( This is not the same team that was in the Superbowl, easy win for the Rams)

I probably won't match last weeks results. But I'm headed in the right direction
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well the "Rumor Machine" is really buzzing here in KC. There have even been two sports reporters so much as say that LeVeon Bell is almost certain to sign with the Chiefs. However I have a problem with that one. Because Andy Reid has been known to avoid controversial players>> especially since his time coaching Terrell Owns ( T.O.) :rolleyes:

Truly I wish Bell would sign with either the Dolfins or the Bears and I would like to see the Bears get him the most.

But apparently there must be some substance to the rumor of Bell possibly being a KC Chief. But I really don't know why they would want him with Clyde Edwards Helaire on our team.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Week 6 picks:
Panthers
Bengals (upset)
Pats
Browns
Falcons
Jaguars
Ravens
Titans
Giants
Dolphins
Chiefs
Buccs
Rams
Cowboys (win by a field goal)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I dont know if its even a bold prediction at this point but I don't think the Jets are going to win a single game this year. I truly think they're going 0-16!

On LeVeon Bell, I really had a feeling the Chiefs would be making a strong push for him. They could use some depth at RB and I don't think being a "controversial" player has any effect on the decision to sign him or not.

There have been rumors swirling all day about which team is most interested and it seems like the front runners are the Dolphins, Chiefs, and Bills. I did see one report that the Patriots may also be trying to sign him before Miami can but I have my doubts about how serious the Patriots actually are. They truly might have the deepest running back room in the league.
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Looks LeVeon Bell is signing with the Chiefs after all. I had a feeling he would, I'm just interested to see how much of their monopoly money they'll be paying him. :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:25 pm
I dont know if its even a bold prediction at this point but I don't think the Jets are going to win a single game this year. I truly think they're going 0-16!

On LeVeon Bell, I really had a feeling the Chiefs would be making a strong push for him. They could use some depth at RB and I don't think being a "controversial" player has any effect on the decision to sign him or not.

There have been rumors swirling all day about which team is most interested and it seems like the front runners are the Dolphins, Chiefs, and Bills. I did see one report that the Patriots may also be trying to sign him before Miami can but I have my doubts about how serious the Patriots actually are. They truly might have the deepest running back room in the league.
One most interesting and somewhat unusual development happening here in Kansas City today is that Chris Jones is really lobbying heavy for LeVeon Bell to join the Chiefs. He's even getting on Sports radio stations on his dime and trying to get the fans behind him on the issue. It's been a long time since I've heard of a player getting involved in the procurement of new players ( especially here in Chief's Kingdom).

I've heard the two of them are personal friends which I realize is common all over the NFL>> but usually players do not interfere with the business aspect of a team. Most teams let the GM do all of that. Even Andy Reid said today that it's whatever Brett Veach decides on. Gee I wonder why Chris Jones doing all of that??? :confused: And I just now got told that he's not the only player making a public appeal to get Bell on our team.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

It's apparently a done deal>> LeVeon Bell will be getting a Chiefs uniform ASAP. I personally wasn't all that big on getting Bell here myself. Because when you look at guys like Odell Beckham Jr., Antonio Brown, Pacman Jones and about 20 others I could mention >> they just don't seem team oriented. He really wasn't fair with the Steelers IMO. But I do hope it works out for the Chief's organization. There have been several times over the years that WASHINGTON loaded their roster with several superstars and it backfired on them a couple of times.

But on the other hand if Bell is welling to work and mentor with Clyde Edwards Helaire it might be the best thing that's happened to the team since we drafted a guy named Patrick Mahomes :cool:

I never really understood why Bell ever joined the Jets other than the wad of money they gave him. I hope they use him in this upcoming Buffalo Bills game next Monday. I'm really surprised the BILLS, Dolfins or BEARS didn't go all out for him. Brett Veach is just one awesome GM. I hope he stays here for a while.

There is just a lot of un-answered questions surrounding the LeVeon Bell Sweepstakes. Maybe Chris Jones is onto something?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Money was the only reason he ever signed with the Jets. I also have a feeling that money is a big reason why the Dolphins and other teams didn't end up signing him and why the Chiefs are signing him.

He reportedly was looking to "double dip" on contracts. He didn't want to sign for the minimum and wanted another long term contract from someone while also getting paid by the Jets. With the way the Chiefs have been paying players, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him to something long term.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into what Chris Jones said. Players advocate for signing other players all the time, especially when they're as talented a LeVeon Bell.
Last edited by Mushroom on Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Dang the Chiefs will have some tough decisions to make next year when the cap is reduced due to covid19.
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

By that I mean all their players are pretty dang good unlike other teams that have players beng paid big bucks but arent performing up to their contracts... AKA easy cuts
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:41 pm
Money was the only reason he ever signed with the Jets. I also have a feeling that money is a big reason why the Dolphins and other teams didn't end up signing him and why the Chiefs are signing him.

He reportedly was looking to "double dip" on contracts. He didn't want to sign for the minimum and wanted another long term contract from someone while also getting paid by the Jets. With the way the Chiefs have been paying players, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him to something long term.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into what Chris Jones said. Players advocate for signing other players all the time, especially when they're as talented a LeVeon Bell.
OK I just heard over KC Radio station WHB 810 am that Bell signed a 1 year contract. They didn't have the amount as of yet but they did say the Bell could play as soon as the Broncos game 10-25-20. They said he couldn't play in the Bills game because of the COVID 19 testing that he would have to undergo first. And they didn't think they would get all of that out of the way until the Denver game.

I'm not worried about that because I believe the Chiefs are in good shape against the Bills right now. They have listed as our primary running/full backs as CEH, Bell and Anthony Sherman ( fullback) and those are 3 really dependable runners. One thing I like about CEH and Bell both is that neither one of them are prone to fumbling and this is huge with Andy Reid. I've heard that Darwin Thompson is in the dog house over his fumbling problems >> and he may be traded soon I was told.

I think the Chiefs are smart to only commit for one year. Because if his skills are diminishing like the Jets claimed they were then we won't have a huge investment long term. I've heard the local sports bars are just going nuts tonight here in KC.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Another note of interest. The Chiefs play the Jets on Nov 01. I'm sure the media will play that up.

So from now until the BYE week the Chiefs have got to play the BILLS, The Broncos, The Jets and the Panthers. The Chiefs need at least 3 out of the next 4. Truthfully they need to run the table till the Bye Week.

I think they will really go hard against the Bills this coming Monday Night game. I think we'll know by the middle of November if getting LeVeon Bell is a good deal or not. I hope Lev Bell doesn't turn out to be "Locker Room Poison". I'm cautiously optimistic but not totally convinced yet that getting Lev Bell is a good idea. But Brett Veach has been terrific up till now so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll trust Chris Jones for now. But I want to see at least 700 to 1000 yards out of this guy.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey I've got a huge question to ask. WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS UPCOMING SUPERBOWL? I just got to thinking that they are only allowing like 15,000 people at ARROWHEAD Stadium for a home Chief's game. A lot of the Stadiums in the NFL aren't allowing any fans at all. So what are they going to do about this upcoming SUPERBOWL????

If they don't get this Virus problem under control by then that could be a real disaster for the NFL. There are people that treat the Superbowl like it's the Second Coming of the Messiah>> or the most important event of their lives.

Any of you have any idea how they are going to handle that problem????
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

With the way this season is playing out, I wouldn't be surprised if the league pushed for full attendance at the Superbowl...

I haven't heard anything official but there were talks about a playoff bubble. No idea if that will end up being their plan or not though.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:29 pm
With the way this season is playing out, I wouldn't be surprised if the league pushed for full attendance at the Superbowl...

I haven't heard anything official but there were talks about a playoff bubble. No idea if that will end up being their plan or not though.
Yeah that is something I've wondered about. Because not only is it the biggest NFL game of the year it's also an entertainment mecca of sorts too. There are also a lot of other sidebar events surrounding those Superbowls too.

I'm sure with the pull that Roger Goodell has they will probably make certain exceptions for the big game. But it is spooky that we really haven't heard much official talk about it. At least I've not heard anything and we've got two sports stations here in KC that cover all of that type of stuff.

I would think they would also ease up around playoff time too. Because those playoffs are huge revenue sources for the NFL as well. Hopefully the whole thing will ease up by then maybe???
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

So frustrated!
CBS will not show the Browns/Steelers game at 1 in my area today. Instead, they're gonna wait till 4pm today to show the Jets/Dolphins game
I tell ya, the networks keep this crap up, they will loose fans.......
SG89

Post by SG89 »

On Fox I got Wash vs Giants and then Packers vs Buccs and CBS is Ravens vs Eagles. I would rather have Browns vs Steelers too.
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:35 am
On Fox I got Wash vs Giants and then Packers vs Buccs and CBS is Ravens vs Eagles. I would rather have Browns vs Steelers too.
At least you have a 1pm CBS game.
I have nothing, which is really strange....
Usually when Fox has two games, CBS will show the 1pm game. But, today, CBS is waiting until 4 to show their only game today.
I honestly think this is just some bullchit, to get people to pay to watch Pittsburgh/Cleveland
And, I will never ever do that.
I'll honestly quit watching pro football if they keep this up.
I mean honestly- Pittsburgh/Cleveland games have been coming on in my living room all my life.
Until today.....its gotta be about pay per view. Money.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sorry gang. Rant over.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

What show or shows is on cbs at 1pm-4pm where you live?
Spydergirl88