NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:30 pm
Joe, you must be losing it buddy. That's an absurd statement "Chargers fans will forget about Rivers very quickly" Dude...Herbert has started 3 games!!! Pump the brakes man.

Rivers is an EIGHT TIME PRO BOWLER!!! Over 60,000 yards passing and over 400 tds. Your boy Mahomes will be lucky to play that long and achieve those kinds of numbers. I can't believe you actually said that. Probably one of those old school guys that thinks Fouts is the greatest Chargers qb ever :rolleyes: Come on now, that may be the most head shaking thing I've ever seen you post!
OK go ahead and take me to the "Psyche Ward". Tell them to pump me full of Thorazine and several other feel good meds that might be handy.

But do consider this. Look at how Packer fans quickly put aside the memories of Brett Farve when the Packers had Aaron Rogers explode on the scene. Look at how NY Giants fans forgot about Phil Simms when Jeff Hostetler won a Superbowl for them. Look at how the Ravens forgot about Joe Flacco when Lamar Jackson lit up the scoreboards. And Flacco won a Superbowl not too long ago.

Oh I do indeed hear what you're saying >> but if there is a Sport that goes by "What Have You Done For Me Lately" it's most certainly NFL football. Oh I could put up at least a half a dozen more examples but I've made my point. Well sort of :rolleyes:

OK I see the guys in the white suits in front of my house now and I will cooperate and go with them willingly :D
SG89

Post by SG89 »

What's that old saying? "if you got 2 quarterbacks, you got none"? I'm reading the game play by play and I think Sean Payton is a moron for playing Taysom Hill so much and the Saints GM/Owner is high as **** guaranteeing him 16mil. Even if they win a Superbowl I still think it's super cringe.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:51 pm
What's that old saying? "if you got 2 quarterbacks, you got none"? I'm reading the game play by play and I think Sean Payton is a moron for playing Taysom Hill so much and the Saints GM/Owner is high as **** guaranteeing him 16mil. Even if they win a Superbowl I still think it's super cringe.
Lol, tell us how ya really feel kiddo :D
JK!! I love it!! Rip away!!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:54 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:51 pm
Lol, tell us how ya really feel kiddo :D
JK!! I love it!! Rip away!!
With Dak out for the season I ain't holding nothing back! 😉
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Joe, as long as the suits let you out for next weeks game then all is well in the world! ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Well guys tonight is only the 3rd ever Tuesday nfl game... Enjoy this rare treat :) Hopefully the game will be entertaining
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:38 pm
Well guys tonight is only the 3rd ever Tuesday nfl game... Enjoy this rare treat :) Hopefully the game will be entertaining
Cool!!
I wandered about that. Thanx for the 411 :D
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Jets released Leveon Bell... Who do you think picks him up?
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Jets, because their the Jets haha!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:58 pm
That's a good question.
My 1st guess would be the Patriots
This may be a dumb question, but does whoever picks up Bell, have to honor his contract from New York?
If so, then I don't think the Patriots would do that.
But, then again, if I'm thinking correctly, Bell as a veteran becomes a free agent?
Waivers would not apply, correct?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I read that the Jets will end up paying him something like $28 million over his 18 games with the team! He got the money he was after, so its hard to say where he might go. I assume he will want to go to a contender, so I'm guessing he will end up with the Chiefs.
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:01 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
That's a good question.
This may be a dumb question, but does whoever picks up Bell, have to honor his contract from New York?
But, then again, if I'm thinking correctly, Bell as a veteran becomes a free agent?
I'm pretty sure since they released him to be a free agent, the Jets will take on the dead money for this year and next year.

Regardless, the Jets got absolutely shafted by signing him! :D
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
That's a good question.
I'm pretty sure since they released him to be a free agent, the Jets will take on the dead money for this year and next year.

Lol, poor ole JETS!! :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
If The Chicago Bears would jump on him immediately I think it could be a "win-win" for both Bell and the Bears. With Nick Foles at the helm and the Bears needing a top rate Running Back this could be a huge opportunity for the Bears IMO.

Also the Chargers seem to have gotten a future QB with real talent>> to add LeVeon Bell to their Roster would make sense. I do hope it doesn't happen because they are in our division ( Chiefs AFC West).

I also think that Aaron Rogers would like a back of his caliber. The Packers would be really dangerous with Bell on their Roster. Bell never had any business with that inept Jets organization in the first place. Him and Antonio Brown both were stupid for leaving the STeelers. I just heard on our local radio station that the Steelers might even be interested in having Bell back again. But I would rather see him with the Bears and Nick Foles. They could go to the big dance with that set up.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:14 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
That's a good question.

Lol, poor ole JETS!! :D
It seems like the JETs have been cursed ever since Joe Namath won that Superbowl for them back in 1969>> yeah it's been that long. Then the Chiefs were dumb enough to get Herman Edwards as their head coach when he really stunk with the Jet's organization. The Jets could arguably be the worst team in the NFL at this point.

The NFL network ought to do a promotional. They could have the "Bummer Bowl" with the "Jets vs the Bengals". I'm sure the Neilsen ratings would explode with that one :rolleyes:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I bet Tampa wishes they didn't end up signing Fournette. A motivated Leveon Bell, on a good team with a good offense...that would be a VERY DANGEROUS offense.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:51 am
I bet Tampa wishes they didn't end up signing Fournette. A motivated Leveon Bell, on a good team with a good offense...that would be a VERY DANGEROUS offense.
The more I think about LeVeon Bell with the Chicago Bears the more I like it. I bet him and Nick Foles would work very well together.

I bet that by the end of the week Mr. Bell will be employed again. I knew the Jets were never right for him. I had heard that Adam Gase never wanted him to begin with.

As crazy as it sounds the Steelers could be a possibility.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:33 am
I've been so embarrassed with my overall results this season so far I probably should pretend to be out of town on a trip :o

But I'll just put some Worcestershire Sauce on my left over "crow" and face it like man :o

It's got to get better because my 2020 picks just can't get worse at this point :o

Bears over Buccs ( I still believe in Foles and do believe he'll deliver in this game)
Rams over Washington ( I don't believe any other outcome is possible)
Titans over The Bills ( Mike Vrabel will be up for Coach Of The Year if he pulls this off: Upset #1)
Steelers over The Eagles ( Wentz got lucky Sunday night>> but not against Tomlin's crew :cool: )
Cards over Jets ( No explanation necessary :( )
Chiefs over Raiders ( The Raiders hate playing at ARROWHEAD stadium and for good reason :cool: )
Texans over Jaguars ( Deshaun Watson can't afford any more embarrassment)
Ravens over Bengals ( Can't believe I'm wasting keyboard strokes on this one :rolleyes: )
Panthers over Falcons ( Yeah it's that bad in Atlanta: They got the curse along with Bob Sutton :rolleyes: )
Dolfins over 49ers ( sort of an upset I guess but the Dolfins are improving)
Cowboys over the Giants ( only because the Giants are in their division)
Browns over Colts ( The Browns have had a much improved attitude this season)
Patriots over Broncos ( I wanted to pick an upset but this one isn't possible)
Seahawks over Vikings ( The Seahawks are on their way to the big dance in the NFC)
Saints over Chargers ( I wanted to pick an upset here too but sometimes common sense screams at you)
Talk about a super strange IRONY :eek: The only pick I got wrong for Week #5 was my own Chiefs team lost. Had the Chiefs won I would have ran the table. I got all the rest of them correct. This is truly TWILIGHT ZONE Strange :eek: that's the best I've ever done with these Forum picks
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dang Joe, you killed it!!
Congratulations man
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:17 am
Dang Joe, you killed it!!
Congratulations man
I wish I could say that MAC>> but the truth is the Chiefs lost this week and that kept me from bringing home a perfect report card. I know that MUSHROOM got all but two right recently. But this is the best I've done up till now.

Boy the Chiefs picked a lousy time to lose :o