NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:27 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:48 am
So, at this point and time, we still have a full 16 game regular season schedule?
As far as I know, yes full regular season is scheduled still. Preseason is still up in the air whether or not it will be played at all. I actually think the NFLPA votes on preseason today.

Even if fans aren't allowed to attend, I have my fingers crossed the regular season still pans out well.
You know it wouldn't bother me one bit if they would cut at least 2 of the pre-season games. Because mainly what those games are about is to give the coaches a closer view of what they have to work with. But I feel they could do that with just two games OK.

They should open all the stadiums and have agreements that everyone go in at their own risk ( it's pretty much that way anyway) and not hold the team or organization liable.

There are so many people wanting tickets for this upcoming Chief's season and hardly none of them are worried about the virus at all. I got a feeling that most of the team's fans feel the same way. We've been waiting since February and it's time to get back to football season :cool: :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just heard the Chiefs extended Chris Jones. Now I'm just wondering when they're planning to file for salary cap bankruptcy.
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:01 pm
Just heard the Chiefs extended Chris Jones. Now I'm just wondering when they're planning to file for salary cap bankruptcy.
Right!?!?! 60 million guaranteed! Their hoping to win another 1-2 Superbowls and then rebuild for 15 years at this rate!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Not going to happen. I can assure you that the sales of tickets and the support of the team along with the sponsors are at an all time high and probably will be for a while now.

Yes Sir it's true Chris Jones and the Chiefs just agreed to an $85 Million, 4 year contract. Brett Veach, Clark Hunt and Andy Reid are most definitely fixated on winning and winning big. :cool:

To be honest I didn't think it was going to happen. I would have bet they would have arrived at a stalemate. But this new GM Brett Veach is a serious football man. So far he's been the best GM we've ever had.

I hear the music playing. Happy Days Are Here Again!!!!! :cool: Yeah I bet ol' Bill Bellyache loved that news :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:13 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Right!?!?! 60 million guaranteed! Their hoping to win another 1-2 Superbowls and then rebuild for 15 years at this rate!
You know what would really be horrible is if after the Chiefs spend this Fort Knox full of money on these players and then have Mahomes, Jones, Hill, Kelce and their new draft pick running back i.e. Clyde Edwares Helaire I believe it is>> if you have all those guys end up on the "INJURED" list for about half the season and then lose about 6 games in a row I tend to wonder how that would turn out :eek: . Because look at how the Cleveland Browns tried to stack the deck just a year ago and look at the disastrous season they had :eek:

My point is that the Chief's organization are really rolling the dice like I've never seen this team roll the dice before. I sure hope it pans out for them because I live in this town. And you wouldn't believe how bummed out these people get even when the Chiefs lose one game much less go into a 5 game losing streak.

Needless to say it's going to be a most interesting season in the NFL ;) Even though we're looking good on paper that doesn't guarantee anything :o
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:17 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Yeah I bet ol' Bill Bellyache loved that news :D
Yeah, I bet he does too! He's watching the Chiefs sink their own ship! ;)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:35 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Bill knows cap kills!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I really liked the Chiefs draft pick.
If this running back pans out, and I think he will, the Chiefs are gonna be **** on wheels - and they're so loaded, they can prolly afford an injury.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Well I hardly call winning the Superbowl a "Sinking Ship" :rolleyes:

I hardly call having the Best QB in the league a "Sinking Ship"

I hardly call having one of the top 3 receiving corps in the NFL a "Sinking Ship"

I hardly call having one of the best Stadiums in the NFL a "Sinking Ship"

I hardly call having one of the top 3 fanbases in the NFL a "SInking Ship"

I could go on for a while longer but at this point I've just got to ask ??? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE :rolleyes: ????
Last edited by JD Spydo on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 pm
If this running back pans out, and I think he will, the Chiefs are gonna be **** on wheels - and they're so loaded, they can prolly afford an injury.
Glad you mentioned that MAC>> Because I was just taking a look at some of the last 10 year's draft picks for the Chiefs. They've been pretty good the past 5 years especially. Yeah I think that Clyde Edwards Helaire is going to pan out. I"ve heard that Damien Williams is really training hard to keep his starting job. But I'm willing to bet that the two of them might just be one great "One-TWO" punch on the running game. I just hope we get to have a season. As weird as this Election year is and as weird as this Virus scare is I'm not sure of anything at this point. I thought this stuff would be in the rear view mirror at this point.

But I'm with you MAC I can't wait to see this guy in the big leagues.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Glad you mentioned that MAC>> Because I was just taking a look at some of the last 10 year's draft picks for the Chiefs. They've been pretty good the past 5 years especially. Yeah I think that Clyde Edwards Helaire is going to pan out. I"ve heard that Damien Williams is really training hard to keep his starting job. But I'm willing to bet that the two of them might just be one great "One-TWO" punch on the running game. I just hope we get to have a season. As weird as this Election year is and as weird as this Virus scare is I'm not sure of anything at this point. I thought this stuff would be in the rear view mirror at this point.

Oh yeah man, they really do have 2 good running backs! Possibly, a great one.
Alls I know is, if you give Mahomes a good running back, much less 2! it just makes the Chiefs pretty much unstoppable on offense.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:06 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 pm
MacLaren wrote:

Oh yeah man, they really do have 2 good running backs! Possibly, a great one.
Alls I know is, if you give Mahomes a good running back, much less 2! it just makes the Chiefs pretty much unstoppable on offense.
You know a lot of people flat out overlook what Damien Williams did last season>> especially in the playoffs and Superbowl. He actually scored the winning TD in the Superbowl but in spite of that you hardly hear anyone talk about him much at all. He really did excellent in the clutch throughout the year but again you didn't hear many sportscasters talk about him at all.

I truly think that him and Clyde Edwards Helaire might end up being the best running back by committee that we've seen in quite a while.

There are still some holes in the defense that need worked on and particularly in the secondary. But I think that Spags is going to get that worked out.

I've heard on local Sports radio 810 WHB that Tyreek Hill's workout and training is something out of a science fiction movie. That guy wants to be the best of all time and I think he's got a shot at it. OK I'll let someone else talk :D
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:48 pm
Mushroom wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Well I hardly call winning the Superbowl and "Sinking Ship" :rolleyes:

I hardly call having one of the top 3 receiving corps in the NFL a "Sinking Ship"

I could go on for a while longer but at this point I've just got to ask ??? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE :rolleyes: ????
YES, it seems like you are missing something. :rolleyes:

Do you know there is a salary cap in the NFL?
Even with the cap going up each year, the Chiefs have too many players that will be calling for big money contracts in the upcoming years. The cracks in the ship are already starting to form. They're going all in now and I would personally estimate they have about a 3 year window before they've taken on too much water to keep sailing.

The Chiefs are like the Titanic right now. They think they're unsinkable but all it takes is one miscalculation to split the ship of dreams in half.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:48 pm
Mushroom wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Well I hardly call winning the Superbowl and "Sinking Ship" :rolleyes:

YES, it seems like you are missing something. :rolleyes:

Do you know there is a salary cap in the NFL?
Even with the cap going up each year, the Chiefs have too many players that will be calling for big money contracts in the upcoming years. The cracks in the ship are already starting to form. They're going all in now and I would personally estimate they have about a 3 year window before they've taken on too much water to keep sailing.

The Chiefs are like the Titanic right now. They think they're unsinkable but all it takes is one miscalculation to split the ship of dreams in half.
If that were completely true then how did the New York Yankees have the Dynasty they had? Steinbrenner spent more money than some nations do.

If that were completely true then why do all the NFL teams go all out to snag these superstars and fight for these draft picks?

If that were completely true then tell me of any Superbowl winner that did it with a completely mediocre, bargain basement roster?

And why is it that there are a lot of teams that spend money like a drunken, horny sailor that never win squat>> the Washington Redskins immediately come to mind Along with the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys and couple of others I could name. They try to buy a trip to the big dance and can't even get there with the big contracts. The Chiefs got there before they even spent the money.

Oh there is no doubt that there is going to have to be some careful financial strategy involved but this Brett Veach has proven to me that he knows the game of football and how to build the team. The obvious proof is in the pudding. I rest my case. We'll see what happens come February>> that is if they don't destroy our season :(
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

First of all. The Yankees did not have to deal with a salary cap.

Second, it’s called money ball. It’s what separates the Patriots from every other team. They know how to play it. You don’t sign players based on talent. You sign them based on value. It comes down to good scouting and landing players when their value is good but then releasing them when they want more money than they are worth. The Chiefs did some good scouting and signed some great talent. Now they need to decide who to pay to keep and who to let go so they can afford to scout new talent.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Seems like 6 superbowls and 5 superbowls is still more than 2 superbowls...catch up then we can talk.
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

SG throwing the rings zing! :p

Even my Giants have 4 to add to the mix ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:02 am
Seems like 6 superbowls and 5 superbowls is still more than 2 superbowls...catch up then we can talk.
That's not even the issue here. The claim is that the Chief's have already pre-determined their destruction by signing premium players to big money contracts. There is an old saying here that applies and I've heard my late dad and other successful people in my family say it many times >> YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR <<

IF what you all are saying is the Gospel truth then explain how the L. A. Lakers, San Antonio Spurs and so many other successful pro-sport teams that have thrown truck loads of money at their athletes and have ultimately gotten what they paid for in return.

And your right that money doesn't guarantee anything ( Dan Snyder good example). But there is another cliche that applies here>> YOU'VE GOT TO PAY, TO PLAY << and that's just the way it is here in the Good Ol' USA

Like I said>> We'll see how it pans out come February.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 am
SG throwing the rings zing! :p

Even my Giants have 4 to add to the mix ;)
Yeah I agree>> and Bill Parcells and Tom Coughlin didn't build their empires with discount players either, Case Closed :cool:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Well looks like Dan Snyder might be forced to sell the team afterall...
Spydergirl88