NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by SG89 »

I read Washington is announcing it's new team name tmrw.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:23 pm
I read Washington is announcing it's new team name tmrw.
Yeah rumor has it the new name is the Washington REDNECKS>> and they are going to have Budweiser labels on their uniforms :D
I sure hope that they don't make the KC Chiefs change their name. Because the Chief's name is not a slam on Indians like Washington's name is. But with all the turmoil we're experiencing at this time I wouldn't bet against anything at this time :confused:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I sure hope that very tall people aren't offended by my Giants name, and we have to change our name too :rolleyes:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 am
I sure hope that very tall people aren't offended by my Giants name, and we have to change our name too :rolleyes:
Yeah, no joke Rick.... :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
We are truly seeing a forced transition of some type going on. It wasn't all that long ago that they approached Daniel Snyder about changing the Redskin's name and he was very adamant that he was not going to do it. Someone got to him for sure. I got a feeling that someone high up made him an offer that he better not refuse :(

I'm sure the Chief's might be next :( Then it will be the Ravens because birds are offended. And I don't look for it to stop anytime soon. Will someone please wake me up>> I don't like this dream I want to wake up :eek:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:06 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
We are truly seeing a forced transition of some type going on. It wasn't all that long ago that they approached Daniel Snyder about changing the Redskin's name and he was very adamant that he was not going to do it. Someone got to him for sure. I got a feeling that someone high up made him an offer that he better not refuse :(

I'm sure the Chief's might be next :( Then it will be the Ravens because birds are offended. And I don't look for it to stop anytime soon. Will someone please wake me up>> I don't like this dream I want to wake up :eek:
Yup. I remember that too, JD.
But, at the end of the day, although I may not like it, I still have no control over it. All we can do is what Rick eluded to, and hope that the Braves and Chielfs will be left alone. Much less the Giants, Cowboys, Steelers, or just about anything anyone could possibly take offense to no matter how ridiculous it may seem.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm cool if real Cowboys are offended and they change their name to something like the Dallas Droopy Diapers :p

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:17 am
I'm cool if real Cowboys are offended and they change their name to something like the Dallas Droopy Diapers :p
All right that's enough of that trash talk>> after all the Cowboy's have the distinction of being "America's Team". Tom Landry should be considered to be added to Mt. Rushmore :cool: With his hat on of course. I was a huge Cowboy's fan when they had Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Billy Joe Dupree, Butch Johnson, Charlie Waters and I could go on for a while.

Bite your tongue boy!!!!! :D :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:22 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
All right that's enough of that trash talk>> after all the Cowboy's have the distinction of being "America's Team". Tom Landry should be considered to be added to Mt. Rushmore :cool: With his hat on of course. I was a huge Cowboy's fan when they had Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Billy Joe Dupree, Butch Johnson, Charlie Waters and I could go on for a while.

Oh did I forget Harvey Martin and the immortal Ed "Too Tall" Jones!!

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Dan Snyder is only changing the name bc all his big sponsors threatened him to do so. And he wants a new stadium built. Always follow the money trail guys.
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:28 am
Dan Snyder is only changing the name bc all his big sponsors threatened him to do so. And he wants a new stadium built. Always follow the money trail guys.
Lol, I dont know how many, many, times I have said that when talkin about politics....which I really try to avoid and, certainly don't wanna bring it up here.
But, your exactly right. It certainly applies to professional sports as well.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:28 am
I had a wealthy uncle who repeatedly said "follow the money trail" if you are in search of the truth. And the truth is a very rare commodity in this day and age :rolleyes:

I just hate to see "political correctness" invade the NFL. Thankfully we haven't heard anyone griping about the Chief's name as of yet and I hope they leave it alone. Lamar Hunt would be flipping in his grave if they did.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

So, at this point and time, we still have a full 16 game regular season schedule?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JD Spydo wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Hahaha, banter with Cowboys fans is one of my favorite things about football! :D

My Pop (my grandma's husband who isn't my blood grandfather, but has been in my life since I was born and has been a wonderful man to our entire family) is actually from Arlington and loves his Cowboys! It was his 91st birthday a couple weeks ago, god bless him! He's still pretty sharp and loves talking football.

I called him to wish him a Happy Birthday and of course we started talking football and he said he sure hopes there's a season so he can listen to me cry and make excuses why the Giants lose to the Cowboys twice this season haha!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:50 am
JD Spydo wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Hahaha, banter with Cowboys fans is one of my favorite things about football! :D

My Pop (my grandma's husband who isn't my blood grandfather, but has been in my life since I was born and has been a wonderful man to our entire family) is actually from Arlington and loves his Cowboys! It was his 91st birthday a couple weeks ago, god bless him! He's still pretty sharp and loves talking football.

I called him to wish him a Happy Birthday and of course we started talking football and he said he sure hopes there's a season so he can listen to me cry and make excuses why the Giants lose to the Cowboys twice this season haha!
I will always be grateful to the NY Giants for their two Slaughters of the EVIL EMPIRE ( pats). Those were two of the happiest days of my life :D Coach Coughlin sure had their plan figured out. And it gives Eli Manning something to tell his grandkids about.
That NFC east division has always been one with a lot of turbulence in it. And I know that all the teams hate the fact that the Cowboy's are labeled "America's Team". Roger Staubach and Lenny Dawson were two QBs that got me interested in football to begin with. And they both got their start in Texas of all places. I even loved the Danny White days of the Cowboys empire
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
he said he sure hopes there's a season so he can listen to me cry and make excuses why the Giants lose to the Cowboys twice this season haha!
Sounds like a great guy!
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

lol, provided we really will have a season, this one has the potential to be one of the best seasons ever imo!
At the very least, the most interesting season ever!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:48 am
So, at this point and time, we still have a full 16 game regular season schedule?
As far as I know, yes full regular season is scheduled still. Preseason is still up in the air whether or not it will be played at all. I actually think the NFLPA votes on preseason today.

Even if fans aren't allowed to attend, I have my fingers crossed the regular season still pans out well.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:27 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:48 am
As far as I know, yes full regular season is scheduled still. Preseason is still up in the air whether or not it will be played at all. I actually think the NFLPA votes on preseason today.

Even if fans aren't allowed to attend, I have my fingers crossed the regular season still pans out well.
Thanx :)
And, yup. Thats what I'm really hoping for as well.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:10 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
he said he sure hopes there's a season so he can listen to me cry and make excuses why the Giants lose to the Cowboys twice this season haha!
Sounds like a great guy!
Around 12 years ago or I had an apartment with two of my friends (both Cowboys fans) and there was quite a bit of it around our place. My grandparents came from 3 hours away to stay the week at my parents house and visit. They wanted to come see my place one day. My Pop gave my friends some high fives when he saw the Cowboys throw blanket on the couch, their hats, etc.

He told me to go to my own room with my sissy stuff hahahahah!!! Really caught those 2 off guard with my 80something year old Pop busting out with that. So yes, I'm sure you would think he's a great guy as well ;) :)

-Rick